• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MadStad adjustable windshield system for the Honda NC700x

A half hour is more than sufficient to install.

I talked to Mark Madstad today and he is going to change the drilling on the base plate 1/8" going forward so there cannot be any issue with a nut hitting the instrument cluster mount with either of the mounting options - the upper and lower OEM mounting location.

Thanks. Seems like just about all the product improvements are in and getting time to order one.

I finally put my Madstad on at 4:30 this morning. One more farkle done!

Pics?
How easy of an install was it? Someone else posted that the new nut back plates only fit the lower holes, did you have the same issue? Mine is scheduled for delivery on Monday. I'll take pics but remember, mine is a 24", so I will need to get a wide angle lens for the right shot. :)

I just have a couple of pictures right now. It wasn't a hard install but I could have used a extra hand with the nut plates.

2013 07 13 pics 020.jpg 2013 07 13 pics 032.jpg

I put my ADV sticker on the black plate. This is the 22'' medium gray.

Nice! Any issues with the nut plates fitting in the upper holes or the bolts hitting the instrument panel?
I was thinking the same thing by putting a sticker or something on the back plate - looks like it would make a great canvas!

I love the way you put the decal under the front in screen. Yes, I can see Nana Chou painted there already. Thanks for showing me my next windshield, as I broke the last one into lots of little pieces.

Nana.jpg

After you get the new shield on do a MPG comparison for us

I don't think there will be any difference in mileage. After I put my CalSci on, I think the mpg's may have went up because I think the windshield has less wind resistance the me.
The Madstad is pretty close to the same size as the CalSci.
I am on Fuelly though, so it wont be hard to see any changes. I believe 670cc also has a Madstad and I would trust his numbers more than mine.
(He has very consistent mileage numbers)
I have a lot of days where I flog the heck out of my bike and you can tell it in my numbers.

After you get the new shield on do a MPG comparison for us

I installed my Madstad windshield and ran a tank of gas through, 247 miles. The mileage on this tank was 84.6 mpg. So more data points are still needed, but I don't see any significant change good or bad, since my last 5 tanks have been over 80 MPG. Looks like a winner - more comfort at no additional fuel cost!

Click my Fuelly signature at the bottom of the post for the numbers.

Greg

I was thinking that MPG would be same or better as well - seeing that I run the OEM short screen right now and I am averaging almost 70MPG - with the aerodynamically directed airflow smashing right into my non-aerodynamically shaped upper body. With my soon-to-be-installed 24" Madstad, I would think now the air would flow nicely over my head and not into my body - making the entire bike/rider combo more aerodynamic - yea? Or am I completely off on my thought process?

I need to get a decibel meter. I can't believe how much wind noise this screen cuts out. The Madstad and the PR3's are great so far!

I need to get a decibel meter. I can't believe how much wind noise this screen cuts out. The Madstad and the PR3's are great so far!

I was thinking of bringing a passenger along so they could snap a photo of me holding a lit lighter behind the screen while the speedo reads 55 mph.

Greg

That would be cool! It would be nice to know If I could ride without earplugs safely, with this screen. I'm very impressed so far.

That would be cool! It would be nice to know If I could ride without earplugs safely, with this screen. I'm very impressed so far.

I'll ride behind it without earplugs if just doing local neighborhood stuff like going to the store or visiting friends, but I would think you would want to use earplugs on the freeways due to the traffic around you if nothing else. There's some really loud tire whine out there -- especially 18 wheelers. Out on the 2-lane farm/ranch roads might not be too bad though....

Last edited:
i am averaging 78mpg with my Madstad shield, i also have the 20"

Before the Madstad averaging 70mpg this is fun spirited riding

I did get 83mpg trying not to goose it to much

I no longer use the earplugs, and i usually have my helmet screen up at least half way.

But before it was unbearable with out earplugs.

I also have my shield as low as possible and at a 55 degree angle.

On my other bike's that have the Madstad system on, I like the 55 degree angle best.

And since this bike is a short shielded bike to begin with.

I decided that several positions would be best

1.Sport Riding Position
I Lowered the shield into it's absolute lowest position.

Then adjusted, in my 55 degree angle. (No ear plugs needed)
Or on Hot days, Tilt it back for more wind and cooling (May need ear plugs)

I also have a have a couple of Higher positions Marked on the brackets, to provide a quick reference for cooler riding.

I have ridden on the freeway with mine going 65-75mph it is just pleasant with out earplugs to me, but I still keep them on the bike in case i need them.

The wind is 90% of you loud noise on the road

Hey Turbodieseli4i6

Have you had a chance to ride it much with the new shield on it?

Enjoy and ride safe

Last edited by a moderator:
Back