• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MadStad adjustable windshield system for the Honda NC700x

I think you are referring to the original Robo Brackets. In talking to Mark, he says that most prefer the new ones for ease of adjustability, no wrenches required. Some riders really like to play with optimizing wind flow and it would be annoying to have to fiddle with wrenches, and perhaps even removing the windshield for small adjustments.

I'm interested in the originals mostly because I think they will look better. They have about an inch less depth. They also have a couple of inches more adjustment up and down because you can flip-flop them. That could be useful if there are two riders of the same bike with very different heights I suppose. Otherwise, the wind flow should be the same.

You are likely right, one is a shorter affair and a little bulky, and the other is very slim and adjustable by hand. Has two large knobs you adjust very easily. Kind of hoping they have sent me the second. It shipped yesterday so we'll see when it gets here.

So john Boy,

Looks like you ordered the Madstad system, Which style Shield did you get?

My thought is to go with the SD shield as it does have a nicer look, I would also go with a medium tint, as on my Madstad shield and from what Mark and i have talked about best setting is to angle the shield per the instruction manual, then for height sit on bike top of shield should be even with your lower lip.

I tried it many different ways of adjustment, But mark is right, went back to his adjustment, as there is really only one great adjustment, this is correct angle with height of shield even with lower lip.

So john Boy,

My thought is to go with the SD shield as it does have a nicer look, I would also go with a medium tint for my bike.

My Madstad shield and from what Mark and i have talked about best setting is to angle the shield per the instruction manual angle sheet, then for height sit on bike top of shield should be even with your lower lip.

I tried it many different ways of adjustment, But mark is right, went back to his adjustment, as there is really only one great adjustment, this is correct angle with height of shield even with lower lip.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one last month with the robo brackets. It does look awkward, but it works extremely well. I was about to get rid of the bike because I was getting blown around horribly at 75mph, especially when passing semis or when they pass me going the other way. The MadStad fixed those problems. I'm 6' tall and it blocks gusts and induced wind extremely well. Now I just have to get some highway pegs and it'll be a good commuter bike.

Gjohn Which shield did you get with you Madstad system

I wonder how the CTX700 is going to be, it has a fairing, that would look better with a Madstad shield on it, and provide quite a bit more protection only no FRUNK.

I Want to get a Madstad shield for my NC700X too But I want to get a smaller shield less visually obtrusive looking shield.

I am 6' tall and 180-Lbs

The Stock Madstad system for the NC700X is Adventure style 20" Windshield, it has a Finished dimension of this 20" shield are 18.9" wide x 19.9" tall x 3/16 " thick

I think that the narrow NC700X needs a more narrow shield, Like maybe a 13" wide to maybe a 16" as the widest, if you are riding this as more sport riding then maybe narrower, if more touring highway then maybe wider.

Or Better yet, dual purpose two shields, one Narrower and shorter for sportier local riding for more coverage that is wider and taller for touring

When i order my Madstad system, I would like to get a

I think the "Sport SD style" in medium tint looks the best for most bikes, and they are still easy to see through at night, (Note you are looking over the top of this shield)

1. "Sport SD style" Finished dimensions of this 20" shield are 17.9" wide x 19.9" tall x 3/16 " thick
2. "Sport SD or maybe CR style" windshield in an 18" tall (450 mm) size. Overall width at its widest point is 16" (406 mm) as measured across the back of the curvature
3. Custom size with "Sport SD style" 20" tall x 16" Wide
4. * * Best for me Sport SD Style 24" tall x 14" wide

* * Maybe the BEST of all would be a Sport SD style that is 24" Tall that would provide good lower coverage on the bike, lower to cover the lower part down to the head light more then 14" wide

I like the shield to be about 1"-2" above the headlight like the stock one is and not much above that.

You may get some air on your arms as they attach at the shoulder area but i think that would be acceptable.

I dont think i like the look of the adventurer style shield, as it does not seem to fit the shape of the bike that well, besides i think of the NC700X as a sportier bike than a adventurer bike.

I want the shield wide enough but not Too wide

So john Boy,

My thought is to go with the SD shield as it does have a nicer look, I would also go with a medium tint, as on my Madstad shield and from what Mark and i have talked about best setting is to angle the shield per the instruction manual, then for height sit on bike top of shield should be even with your lower lip.

I havent got it yet, but its the adventure in the darkest tint (I had asked for the standard in large but this is what my shippping reciept says, so we'll see when it gets here) My bike is black and I think the dark tint will help it look like part of the bike, and disguise the aluminum plate that the screen mounts on. I think it will look pretty good. Have to go away for work this week, and it should be here when I get back so I will post some pics.

Last edited:
I like the way a stock shield (most stock shields are like this) is only about 1" above the headlight, to me this is a good look.

That is the way i want my Madstad shield to be.

For me i am thinking that 24" tall x about 14" wide will give it a slimmer look, and not have that lower section of windshield so high & riding up so high.

My bike is Silver I wanted medium so that I can still be able to see through it at night, as all kinds of animals are out in full force where I live.

The weird and wonderful thing about these shields are that they act like a much Larger Shield.

If you adjust the height to your mouth (with your mouth closed) that is perfect.

Then print a copy of the angle adjustment page, adjust to that, and you will have it pretty close to being right on, before you even get out of your driveway

Isn’t there some kind of rule along the lines of first to post it tries it. Kind of like first who smelt it, dealt it.

I just may get this one now. I cracked my CalSci today when I was installing the nut plates.:mad:
I like the adjustability of the Madstad, just not the price.

Pics of the bike with madstad

Heres the madstad with the dark grey tint on a black bike.

Attachments

• DSCF5519.jpg
    DSCF5519.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 2,489
  • DSCF5521.jpg
    DSCF5521.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,372
  • DSCF5522.jpg
    DSCF5522.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 3,172
I keep thinking I might bite the bullet and spring for one of these, but then I see one and just can't do it. I'm usually function over form, but I just can't get past how bad these look on the bike.

The picture above looks worse than average due to the adjusted height. If that is where it is needed to be, the rider could make it look much better with a longer screen.

John Boy are looking through that ? I have mine way lower it direct the air flow up and over me, it highest point is about my lip line. Maybe you are tall me I'm 5'10".
They may not be pretty but it works.

John Boy are looking through that ? I have mine way lower it direct the air flow up and over me, it highest point is about my lip line. Maybe you are tall me I'm 5'10".
They may not be pretty but it works.
Yep, definitely looking through it, but after playing with it and moving it around alot I've found its the best spot for me. I think it may have to do with shape of helmet a bit too. Don't know but it sure works.

For me The Sport SD has a better look and a Longer shield that would come all the way down to just above the head light like the alum. plate does and also up to the correct height.

I think for me that would be a shield height of 24" tall but i would like it a little narrower like 14" wide, it would be a sportier look and and would get rid of the riding up look, the lower part of the shield looks like it is riding up to high,
The extra 4" longer shield and a Sport SD shape of shield would make all the difference.

The narrower width at 14" is still wider than stock but not too wide to make the bike look wider, and NOT keep with the narrow theme of the bike

Hey John Boy I like that Dark tint, it is dark But not too dark. It looks really good on your bike

If that is a picture of the shield in the spot where it is the most comfortable for you.

Look how much area below the shield there is, another 4" longer shield, lowered 4" to fill in the space below, but come up to the height that is comfortable for you, and the Sport SD style shield which follows the couture of the alum plate that is under the shield.

Mark will make it right for you if you decide you would rather have a longer different style shield, There is absolutely nothing wrong with it the way it is, the function of the madstad system is fantastic

Hey John Boy I like that Dark tint, it is dark But not too dark. It looks really good on your bike

If that is a picture of the shield in the spot where it is the most comfortable for you.

Look how much area below the shield there is, another 4" longer shield, lowered 4" to fill in the space below, but come up to the height that is comfortable for you, and the Sport SD style shield which follows the couture of the alum plate that is under the shield.

Mark will make it right for you if you decide you would rather have a longer different style shield, There is absolutely nothing wrong with it the way it is, the function of the madstad system is fantastic

I was just out playing with the height a bit, I'm going to try it sitting lower at the same angle. The last week here has been incredibly windy and I suspect it felt right so high to cover for some of the crosswinds we have been having. Will know in the morning if thats the case or not. I prefer function over form, I guess when something works so well it looks good because it works great.

Hey John boy

I here on that I love my Madstad shield system it works awesome it is like night and day difference, I can talk to my wife now in a normal voice while riding at 60mph with our helmets on, and we can hear each other before we could not, there was too much wind noise. I can also hear engine and bike noises that i could never hear before.

Air goes right up over the top of my shield, if you put your hand just behind the shield and then fell the air up by your helmet to feel where the most of the air blast is going that can also help you adjust the height

P1010810 Comp 103k.jpgP1010811 Comp 103k.jpg

Here is my other bike that has a Madstad Sport SD shield, I had Mark at Madstad make a custom length 4" longer so it would be very low, but still provide me the height I needed, That is already adjusted to the right height for me, and lower part of the shield is low at the same height as the alum plate the Madstad acrylic shield is mounted to.

Back