Is rear shock adjustable?

DirtFlier

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
"...They simply reposition the spring on the shock, thereby raising or lowering the back of the bike...670cc"

Perhaps semantics but the spring stays in the same place. It is slightly shorter/longer (compared to free length) depending on the position of the adjuster rings. ;);)

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
"...They simply reposition the spring on the shock, thereby raising or lowering the back of the bike...670cc"

Perhaps semantics but the spring stays in the same place. It is slightly shorter/longer (compared to free length) depending on the position of the adjuster rings. ;);)

If you change the position of the shock adjuster rings, when the rider is on the bike, both the spring length and the spring rate will be the same as before, assuming the shock has not reached its upper or lower limit of travel.

Lewis

Reaction score
Visit site
Buy another shock and please don't restart the "shock thread" because everyone has their own favorite shock!

Ok, let me qualify my question: To any of you who have stuck with the original shock, what have you done when you ride two-up or change style of riding from time to time?

DirtFlier

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've never carried a passenger on my NC so I had an easy task.

Those of you who do carry passengers on occasion will probably have to find a compromise setting that is a little too stiff when solo and a little too soft for 120+ pounds on the pillion. I'm suggesting one setting for both because readjusting it each time is a real PIA since working room to get at the adjuster/lock rings is almost non-existent.