• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

is it worthy to get nc750x over nc700???

K

kc2ine

somehow don't see a point for me, as I am close to order one of those.
I don't need more power as I'll be driving mostly light offroad.

somehow don't see a point for me, as I am close to order one of those.
I don't need more power as I'll be driving mostly light offroad.

Where would you get the 750 if you decided to get one?

guys this is really not a point here, you can get from canada or import from europe. It's not a problem these days.
Assume you can get it, would you pay e.g. ~2k$ more for nc750 over nc700 or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I've been considering waiting to see what Honda brings to the US for the 2015 year. If it's still the NC700 I'd say it's safe to assume the 750 isn't coming anytime soon.

When does Honda usually reveal/sell the next year's models anyway?

I have the 2013 NC700X. Got off of a 2005 Goldwing wanted lighter & a different riding style. I have all the power I need. Have you test rode yet?

guys this is really not a point here, you can get from canada or import from europe. It's not a problem these days.
Assume you can get it, would you pay e.g. ~2k$ more for nc750 over nc700 or not.

US citizen, current residence, non military Importing to the US a non US spec BIKE current model ( which the nc750 is) is not easy and damn near impossible if not impractical because of the changes needed and lack of certifications EPA, DOT .
NO US dot sticker means no import and no title in most states if you get it here let say in parts. Also means NO US warranty on a gray market bike. US dealer can not order non US spec parts for NC750 common 700 parts are not a problem.

Last edited:
US citizen, current residence, non military Importing to the US a non US spec BIKE current model ( which the nc750 is) is not easy and damn near impossible if not impractical because of the changes needed and lack of certifications EPA, DOT .
NO US dot sticker means no import and no title in most states if you get it here let say in parts. Also means NO US warranty on a gray market bike. US dealer can not order non US spec parts for NC750 common 700 parts are not a problem.

Wow....that really is a control freaky market you've got there..and there was me thinking that the US was the land of the free. Unless you want to import a car/motorcycle then it certainly isn't.
In the UK even with EU rules I can still import a machine not sold here. It may have to undergo a special test, but it's not difficult. Plus the fact I can order parts for most machines never officially imported into to England.

Met a guy from Poland who brought his 1929 Indian Scout over for an antique cross country race. Spent 3 days at customs at Kennedy airport getting them to understand a 1929 bike made in U.S. was OK under EPA and safety regulations. Almost missed start of race.

I have the option to purchase a 750 here if I wish to do so. I have no intention of doing so. The 700 is original and even a little quirky for that. The 750 is a refinement of this bike. Sometimes refinement removes a little of the bikes character. Also the 700 was made in Japan. I am not sure if the 750 still is. In short I am happy with my 700. It does everything that I ask and need of it. I see no reason to change it for anything right now.

I have the option to purchase a 750 here if I wish to do so. I have no intention of doing so. The 700 is original and even a little quirky for that. The 750 is a refinement of this bike. Sometimes refinement removes a little of the bikes character. Also the 700 was made in Japan. I am not sure if the 750 still is. In short I am happy with my 700. It does everything that I ask and need of it. I see no reason to change it for anything right now.

The 750 is still made in Japan.

...not after purchased - $$$. I'm fine holding on to mine and riding, riding, riding. Next bike hopefully will be a VFR 1200 - my wife may want to tour a bit with me - in time. No rush.

The Canadian bikes exceed the usa specs, because they come standard with abs. Everything else is the same. My brother inlaw works for honda usa and parts are interchangeable.
Since it has a digital gauge it is very easy to switch from kmh to mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Canadian bikes exceed the usa specs, because they come standard with abs. Everything else is the same. My brother inlaw works for honda usa and parts are interchangeable.
Since it has a digital gauge it is very easy to switch from kmh to mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not quiiiiiite so, I'm afraid.

Canada does not have the US Emissions control required stuff. ie: the evaporative charcoal cannister and associated plumbing/valves, etc. Huge no go.

Next I'm not sure about- the Transport Canada approved exhaust system stamp. Are they identical? Yup, but if without that USA DOT stamp, it's a no go.

So those are at least a couple things I can think of off hand.

FWIW. Last weekend I went on a Honda promo ride. I rode a 750X, because the CTX1300 I wanted to try was unavailable.
I spent an hour on the 750 so my impressions are solely based on that. As a previous poster mentioned.....the 750 seemed bland and un-engaging compared to the 700. I think this was mainly due to the higher final drive ratio, which made the gears longer, and gave it an even slower revving character. Although the engine seemed smoother at 3000 rpm in 6th gear (the nc700 has some roughness there), it seemed a bit buzzier everywhere else. I think lazy riders who don't like shifting, may prefer the 750.
The seat is still some what sloped, and the non slip material, did not fix anything. I prefer the 700 seat material, as it allows you to move around easier. My 700 seat is raised 5/8" at the front and seems better than the 750 seat.
I did not notice any difference in the non linked ABS brakes on the 750 compared to the combined link ABS brakes on the 700. I would prefer the non linked brakes, because there are times when making tight u-turns, that you only want the rear brake....especially on dirt. This may be why they discontinued it.
The changes to the dash seemed insignificant to me.
I really like my 700 but had the 750 been my only choice....I may not have bought one. Honda seems to have taken a lot of character out of the bike imho.

Back