• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

is it worthy to get nc750x over nc700???

From a recently retired Honda Canada Inc. MC guy, you will not notice any difference in power. The 700 was to get an insurance gain in Europe but North America wants the image of the 750. Also sales were weak in Canada and they figured it was because of the 700 image so Canada has up the anti to 750 for 14. Not sure about US?

FWIW. Last weekend I went on a Honda promo ride. I rode a 750X, because the CTX1300 I wanted to try was unavailable.
I spent an hour on the 750 so my impressions are solely based on that. As a previous poster mentioned.....the 750 seemed bland and un-engaging compared to the 700. I think this was mainly due to the higher final drive ratio, which made the gears longer, and gave it an even slower revving character. Although the engine seemed smoother at 3000 rpm in 6th gear (the nc700 has some roughness there), it seemed a bit buzzier everywhere else. I think lazy riders who don't like shifting, may prefer the 750.
The seat is still some what sloped, and the non slip material, did not fix anything. I prefer the 700 seat material, as it allows you to move around easier. My 700 seat is raised 5/8" at the front and seems better than the 750 seat.
I did not notice any difference in the non linked ABS brakes on the 750 compared to the combined link ABS brakes on the 700. I would prefer the non linked brakes, because there are times when making tight u-turns, that you only want the rear brake....especially on dirt. This may be why they discontinued it.
The changes to the dash seemed insignificant to me.
I really like my 700 but had the 750 been my only choice....I may not have bought one. Honda seems to have taken a lot of character out of the bike imho.

Thanks! You convinced me to get nc700x.

Why don't you just ride both before you make up your mind. You listen to one guy on a forum (no offence) who rode one for an hour and your convinced that it's the bike for you? Many on this forum will give you an opinion based on what they own. The guys with the 700's have to justify their purchase and will say "there's not enough differences in the bikes, I'm not trading in my bike for the new one. The 750 guys are going to say they made the right decision because there's a big difference between the two and I got the newest and latest and it doesn't matter that I spent more money to get it. It was worth it.

He lives in the US and the 750X is not available....that is why I responded. Not to justify my purchase of an NC700.

So why is he asking if his only option is the 700?

I never said you had to justify your 700 purchase. I said "guys with the 700's have to justify their purchase". I didn't mean to imply everyone with a 700.

On a personal note I bought a 750 because I wanted the newest and most updated NC is could buy. I'm not on a budget and just bought what I wanted so didn't really wanted or needed to look at last years bike.

So why is he asking if his only option is the 700?

I wondered that from the beginning (see post #4). OP pretty much had it decided in the original post anyway. It seems the whole discussion is rather pointless.

Last edited:
My take on the OP's first two posts....he was asking if the 750 was worth the costs and hassle of importing one from Canada, and that those costs could be as much as $2000. For the reasons I expressed, | did not think it was. That aside, I would be interested to hear others riding impressions of both models.

I've owned both size machines, both equipped with DCT.
The 750 is a better bike. It definitely feels a more exciting machine to ride being more powerful. Please don't look at the power difference on paper, because I assure you it feels more. The 750 has better firmer suspension.
I've done a 1000miles on my 750 now and if I had the choice would I make the change again? Knowing what I know now I'm glad I made the move to the 750.

I've owned both size machines, both equipped with DCT.
The 750 is a better bike. It definitely feels a more exciting machine to ride being more powerful. Please don't look at the power difference on paper, because I assure you it feels more. The 750 has better firmer suspension.
I've done a 1000miles on my 750 now and if I had the choice would I make the change again? Knowing what I know now I'm glad I made the move to the 750.
In countries that get the 51 hp 700 engine the 3 hp difference between the 54 hp of the 750 is somewhat negated by the taller gearing and extra weight of the dual counterbalancer shaft engine. In the EC the difference between the A2 restricted 47 hp 700 and non restricted 750 is probably more noticeable.

In countries that get the 51 hp 700 engine the 3 hp difference between the 54 hp of the 750 is somewhat negated by the taller gearing and extra weight of the dual counterbalancer shaft engine. In the EC the difference between the A2 restricted 47 hp 700 and non restricted 750 is probably more noticeable.

Yes upto a point I agree with you, but early DCT machines were all 38kw 51bhp. Mine was registered as a 38KW. Don't just look at the on paper 3bhp because it is more than that I assure you. Believe me, my 750S really does go very we indeed...

The only reason to buy a new 750 over a new 700 is there is no new 700.
If there are 2 "identical" bikes, 700 and 750 and they cost the same, then 750.
If the price difference is say more than 10%, I would go for the 700.

It is "the same" although many will say it is different.
When you are riding one or the other....now does it really matter that small difference?

It is an ego thing when people say go for the BIGGER one.
Both will fun.
I don't think the 750 will be MUCH MORE fun than the 700.

That's my opinion having owned the 700 since inception.
Now...if you wanna compare the 1200GS or Multistrada...that's another story.
:D

Yes up to a point I agree with you, but early DCT machines were all 38kw 51bhp. Mine was registered as a 38KW. Don't just look at the on paper 3bhp because it is more than that I assure you. Believe me, my 750S really does go very we indeed...
Honda's technical specifications for the early release NC700S in DCT and 6 speed manual models list output as 35kw/47 hp. The NC700X had 38.1 kw/51 hp.

It's confusing.

I would have picked the 750 over the 700, if the certain things I wanted were added, even if the change had been down to a 600 instead of up to a 750...

As it stands, the hassle of financial hardship trading in my well used bike for a shiny new not black one, parts swapping, the unknown of the weird Ghost in the Machine phantom tripmeter resets and the auto zeroing of a trip display to zero, are more than enough to kill any desire I have for changing.

The added horsepower is of nil interest to me personally. More torque if noticeable is a point in favour, and if the rev limiter was truly softened from the brick wall hit, and the second counter balancer was exceptionally effective, those I would pine over a bit.

Honda's technical specifications for the early release NC700S in DCT and 6 speed manual models list output as 35kw/47 hp. The NC700X had 38.1 kw/51 hp.

It's confusing.

Not in the UK where it was the other way round. The guys in Canada should know the difference between the 2 machines as they were all shall we say - full power versions.
All I know is my 750S is definitely a better machine than my 700X. Everyone who has made the move to the 750 hasn't regretted it.

Last edited:
All I know is my 750S is definitely a better machine than my 700X. Everyone whoa made the move to the 750 hasn't regretted it.

it's a buyer's psychology - once you bought it you have to justify it for yourself,
and what does it mean better??? drilled down version of one thing cannot be better then the other thing, it can have a little bit more power at most.

Back