• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heya From Little Rock

Thanks Netizen, the Hog Trail is awesome, but there are a TON of other great roads in NW Arkansas. If ever get this way, get a room in Eureka Springs for a few days and ride around there. that would be a great Ride vacation :)

I do hope to come out there sometime. I'll definitely keep that in mind when I do, thanks.

Picked up the NCX around noon yesterday, it had 1.6 smiles on it
newnc_zps4ee0530b.jpg

8 hours later, 280 smiles :D
280smiles_zps0aff1d32.jpg

I could have had a few more miles on it, but RAIN was chasing me around the state. Tried to go home around 5pm, but Little Rock was a solid red spot on the weather map, so I ran away to the north and showed off the NCX to a riding buddy.
rain_zps68935db3.jpg

First impressions, this ain't my old bike! Had trouble getting my feet on the pegs starting out, I'm sure folks on the road were wondering why that old fool was waving his feet at the front tire :D After about 20 miles I was able to relax and get settled on the bike.

I was expecting low power after reading some posts her and that may be true for folks coming from sport bikes, but coming from a Shadow, this bike has plenty of power and gets to freeway speed quick.

Hit some twisties on 5 out of Benton and then 7 north out of Hot Springs, I was over steering badly at first, on the Sabre cornering was a deliberate and physical thing. On the NCX, cornering is just a thought, then it happens. Awesome!

I LOVE being able to stand up on the pegs, but the downside was I had to do that often as the seat leaves MUCH to be desired... Monkey butt! :)

The bar needs to come up a bit, so a short riser is in the near future and I think the pegs need to be a bit longer and thicker. Other than that, the bike fits me well. Shifting is butter smooth and the power at low RPMs in any gear is impressive. I did try and keep the RPMs between 3 and 4k most of the time, but I did work it pretty hard thru the gears a couple of times just to see how it did. Never hit the rev limiter, but got close. :D

VERY happy overall with this bike, it needs a bit of tweaking, but I believe this one will do me just fine.

Back