• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Danielsville, Georgia, USA

Beemerphile

#1 Elite
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello new owner of a NC700x. I picked it up yesterday. Don't yet know the role I plan for it, but every bike I own ends up on long distance rides - including the scooters. So, today I ordered a set of Givi V35 side cases for it and some engine protection bars. It is a calm little bike, but I quite like it.

Great! I like mine a lot also. Lets see who can get the best mileage! Keep track on Fuelly.

I'm glad that you guys are enjoying your new rides. I'm sure that with the distances between towns in the USA we shall siin see high mileage bikes out there. I only use my NC for commuting duties so only just over 1000 miles a month. I have a VFR800X Crossrunner for my leisure riding

So far mine NC has been a commuter duty only bike. I have my boys here on vacation so it's just been sitting.
Guess I need to get the battery tenders out. Someday I'll get to take in out for a real ride.

So far mine NC has been a commuter duty only bike. I have my boys here on vacation so it's just been sitting.
Guess I need to get the battery tenders out. Someday I'll get to take in out for a real ride.

Why do you need the battery tenders? You said the NCX is a commuter duty bike? I have sat my Honda battery for weeks and it still starts right up. I think the NCX will do the same. HOwever, if your garage or parking lot is really cold, then a battery tender is needed. Else I would leave the battery alone.
Unless you have a very good trickle charger.
:p

Why do you need the battery tenders? You said the NCX is a commuter duty bike? I have sat my Honda battery for weeks and it still starts right up. I think the NCX will do the same. HOwever, if your garage or parking lot is really cold, then a battery tender is needed. Else I would leave the battery alone.
Unless you have a very good trickle charger.
:p

Not all of my vehicles get started regularly so I try to keep them topped off when not in use. I have found out from personal experience that they last a lot longer if maintained. I have a intelligent chargers that do the maintaining.

Batteries loose voltage over time and if they drop too much, damage can result.

" At a temperature of 80 degrees F. a lead acid battery will self-discharge at a rate of approximately 4% a week."

Scroll down to the bottom of this page Battery Basics to (ANSWERS TO COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT BATTERIES)

I have had classes on this subject and found it to be true in my case.

This is an easy question/ answer.
Inside the false tank, infront there is a panel. Just remove it with 2 screws and voila, there is the battery.

I made a quick cigarette socket with it. cost me US$5?

WTH?? My closest dealer is still saying Sept before they will see them. (Marietta Motorsports)

Back