• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fuel efficiency- Manual or DCT?

Is there a MPG readout on the dash? If so, how does it react when you hit a real 70 mph (gps, not indicated). My current bike starts going down as I get above a real 60 mph.

Chris

Is there a MPG readout on the dash? If so, how does it react when you hit a real 70 mph (gps, not indicated). My current bike starts going down as I get above a real 60 mph.

Chris

There is no MPG readout on the dash. Everyone is going off how many miles ridden since last fill up and how much gas you put in to fill it up.

Chris

And... amazingly the dash readout is very accurate. When at 45, my gps said 45. And when I checked again at 72 mph, gps said 72. I have yet to see the dash display a variance.

And... amazingly the dash readout is very accurate. When at 45, my gps said 45. And when I checked again at 72 mph, gps said 72. I have yet to see the dash display a variance.

True for US models. Mine speedo reads within 1 mph of GPS up to 70 MPH, anyway. NC700Xs sold outside the US (not sure about Canada) are reading 5-10% optimistic, based on feedback here on the forum.

Greg

Last edited:
I'm anal about speedo's being accurate and the NC is on the money with my GPS. The bike speedo just reads the mph faster than gps, if you have electronic cruise its easy to check but its hard to hold an indicated speed for the 3-4 seconds it takes the gps to catch up. Oddly enough I have found Harley Davidson to have the most consistantly accurate speedos, and BMW's are usually only about 2% off. I presently own a 2010 Triumph Bonneville which is 10% optimistc.

This is the first Japanese bike that I own that has a accurate speedometer... Most others are 5-10% off.

My first couple of tanks I didn't see what kind of MPG I got... I was more concentrating on breaking in properly... Motoman's way minus 10-20%... :p

I did last weekend and it came out to 189 miles and fill up to the rim at 2.682 gallons = 70.469MPG... Nice!!!.... :)

Back