• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023 NC750X DCT on US Honda web site. No manual?

Sampling around the world a bit today, for 2023, USA and Canada seem to be importing only the DCT version NC750X. Japan, UK, and South Africa retain both transmission options, so the manual is not totally dead. Australia seems to have dropped the NC7x0X from the lineup entirely. Honda in Thailand or India do not show an NC, but frankly I don't know that it was ever sold there.

I just find it interesting, as I wonder how long the NC models will survive.

I just find it interesting, as I wonder how long the NC models will survive.
They won’t survive nearly long enough. I wish this design of bike (built under square with fuel economy as a priority) had become the norm. As it is the next closest bike in this size class is low 50s mpg. It’s damn hard to consider anything else after averaging 64 mpg without really trying.

They won’t survive nearly long enough. I wish this design of bike (built under square with fuel economy as a priority) had become the norm. As it is the next closest bike in this size class is low 50s mpg. It’s damn hard to consider anything else after averaging 64 mpg without really trying.
The buying public speaks, at least in the US, in favor of higher power, less practical, less efficient, often heavier toys. I don’t know how many times NC owners even on this forum have lamented that if the NC just had 1000cc and over 80 horsepower, it would be a great bike! Uhh, but then it wouldn’t be an NC (New Concept), would it?

The buying public speaks, at least in the US, in favor of higher power, less practical, less efficient, often heavier toys. I don’t know how many times NC owners even on this forum have lamented that if the NC just had 1000cc and over 80 horsepower, it would be a great bike! Uhh, but then it wouldn’t be an NC (New Concept), would it?
All completely true, sometimes I just wish it wasn’t so.

The fact the new Hornet/Transalp doesn't come with a DCT option makes me think Honda are giving up on DCT. I hope I am wrong but slip/assist clutches and quick shifters are a lot cheaper to make..

Reactions: MZ5
I think in the USA , the NC is not a popular enough model to concern Honda. I don't see any while out riding. The activity on this forum should give an indication of people's interest in the model.

Other model forums I am on are so much more active than this one. There are supposedly over 9,000 members on this forum. I can check in on the forum in the morning and then check in 6 or 7 hours later and there will be very few if any new posts/threads.

The last post on this thread was a week ago. 10 of the 26 posts are by 670, 3 by Rabbit and 3 by me. If there was any interest in a 2023 model of the NC, you'd think it would garner more interest.

I think in the USA , the NC is not a popular enough model to concern Honda. I don't see any while out riding. The activity on this forum should give an indication of people's interest in the model.

Other model forums I am on are so much more active than this one. There are supposedly over 9,000 members on this forum. I can check in on the forum in the morning and then check in 6 or 7 hours later and there will be very few if any new posts/threads.

The last post on this thread was a week ago. 10 of the 26 posts are by 670, 3 by Rabbit and 3 by me. If there was any interest in a 2023 model of the NC, you'd think it would garner more interest.
I agree. I have noticed a significant decrease in activity on this forum over the last two years.

The groups on Facebook are pretty active, though. Even if it is typically just new riders asking the same oil/tire questions. The sad part about that though is that the advice on those forums is spotty at best, especially compared to here.

I think really it boils down to the NC is a commuter bike and not many people in the US buy bikes to commute on. Those that buy something simply for commuting tend to buy scooters since they are cheap and, depending on the CC's, don't require a motorcycle license. People in the US buy a bike for a past time (going to the track, cruising, adv/dual sport) and use it to commute as a convenience and/or to justify the purchase to themselves/significant other. Even during the summer I rarely see the same bikes parked in the parking lot at work every day.

I agree. I have noticed a significant decrease in activity on this forum over the last two years.

The groups on Facebook are pretty active, though. Even if it is typically just new riders asking the same oil/tire questions. The sad part about that though is that the advice on those forums is spotty at best, especially compared to here.

I think really it boils down to the NC is a commuter bike and not many people in the US buy bikes to commute on. Those that buy something simply for commuting tend to buy scooters since they are cheap and, depending on the CC's, don't require a motorcycle license. People in the US buy a bike for a past time (going to the track, cruising, adv/dual sport) and use it to commute as a convenience and/or to justify the purchase to themselves/significant other. Even during the summer I rarely see the same bikes parked in the parking lot at work every day.
I agree

Yes, I read most posts on the forum and mentally note activity levels, and interest in the NC has indeed seemingly fallen off. I’d guess the reasons vary widely among the forum members. For me, the NCX model changes at year 2021, and dropping the manual transmission in USA for ‘23, have turned me off to the NCX line. If the NC goes away entirely in 2024, I will not mourn. While I love my 2012 and will probably keep it until I am too old to ride, my interest in the latest NC models, and all Honda‘s current models, has gone cold. Honda seems to be lacking innovation, and churning old parts and technology into “new” same old models with merely different shapes.

Yes, I read most posts on the forum and mentally note activity levels, and interest in the NC has indeed seemingly fallen off. I’d guess the reasons vary widely among the forum members. For me, the NCX model changes at year 2021, and dropping the manual transmission in USA for ‘23, have turned me off to the NCX line. If the NC goes away entirely in 2024, I will not mourn. While I love my 2012 and will probably keep it until I am too old to ride, my interest in the latest NC models, and all Honda‘s current models, has gone cold. Honda seems to be lacking innovation, and churning old parts and technology into “new” same old models with merely different shapes.
Neither will I. My 2020 has suited me well and I love it, but by the time I am ready for another bike my requirements will have changed. Right now, I live in a place that allows me to ride year round and being in the military, the DCT is a game changer for sitting in base traffic and needing to show my ID since I don't have to worry about a clutch. However, I will be retiring in 3 1/2 yrs and will be moving back to PA where there are actual winters and curves and hills and dirt roads. At that point I will most likely start looking at manual transmission bikes that are more ADV oriented. Not saying I will get rid of my NC, but will sit more than it does now.

I like the blue, but I got all my accessories to match the red 2022 which I ordered last January. My dealer might have a 23 and I will know tomorrow.
If you get a blue bike we may have to help find some white items to fit out a red, white, and blue theme.

My 2018 DCT got wrecked last year, my dealer has a 2023 model coming in about 2 weeks, they are only getting one, so I got right down there and put my deposit on it.
It will be nice to have an NC again, when the rumblings of the NC being discontinued after this year started I got worried. I Need an NC in my life!

My 2018 DCT got wrecked last year, my dealer has a 2023 model coming in about 2 weeks, they are only getting one, so I got right down there and put my deposit on it.
It will be nice to have an NC again, when the rumblings of the NC being discontinued after this year started I got worried. I Need an NC in my life!
Awesome!

You are gonna post pictures of this, right?

I want to see a blue one

Not that I was looking to change, but no manual means no new NC750X for me moving forward. I guess my next bike will likely be a Royal Enfield.
Good thing these NC’s last forever. Not sure I will ever need to get a new bike. I would love to but it’s not in my retirement budget.

Back