• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023 NC750X DCT on US Honda web site. No manual?

I will post pictures, although it is not going to stay blue. I will be powder coating the wheels silver, and the blue will turn to red.
When my 2023 comes in, I'll just add a few accessories and ride it, love the blue.

I spoke to a Honda rep in November, He said 6 years ago they could barely give away the DCT models, Now he said nearly every NC750 DCT off the boat is already sold.

Yes, I read most posts on the forum and mentally note activity levels, and interest in the NC has indeed seemingly fallen off. I’d guess the reasons vary widely among the forum members. For me, the NCX model changes at year 2021, and dropping the manual transmission in USA for ‘23, have turned me off to the NCX line. If the NC goes away entirely in 2024, I will not mourn. While I love my 2012 and will probably keep it until I am too old to ride, my interest in the latest NC models, and all Honda‘s current models, has gone cold. Honda seems to be lacking innovation, and churning old parts and technology into “new” same old models with merely different shapes.

I think the interest is falling because there hasn't been a real update on the NC line in a while. Minor modifications, but nothing new worthwile. Personally I've just jumped on the NC wagon on a 2014 model as my first bike, but if i was going to get new it would be a hard choice. Yes, i love the model and the idea of a cheap commuting bike, no in 2023 not having smartphone connectivity on this kind of bike is no-no.
If they can do it for the new transalp, why not for the NC?

I think the interest is falling because there hasn't been a real update on the NC line in a while. Minor modifications, but nothing new worthwile. Personally I've just jumped on the NC wagon on a 2014 model as my first bike, but if i was going to get new it would be a hard choice. Yes, i love the model and the idea of a cheap commuting bike, no in 2023 not having smartphone connectivity on this kind of bike is no-no.
If they can do it for the new transalp, why not for the NC?
I agree. There is NC 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 and a few variants, but no NC 2.0 now even on the 12th model year.

Interesting that one hand you love the bike the way the "New Concept" originally came and on the other hand lament that it wasn't changed a whole lot, even though there are very few parts that would interchange between the 2012 700 model and the 2023 750 model. Engine, transmission, clutch, frame, suspension, instrumentation, electronics, body parts, lighting have all been changed/upgraded every couple of years since its inception, most recently 2 years ago.

I have to say that smart phone connectivity would be near the bottom of updates that would make me consider buying a newer one. Just something that is not even remotely on my radar. My smart phone stays in my pocket when riding.

My personal wish list would include shaft drive and cruise control, larger 5 gal fuel tank, maybe a bit more power, better brakes, and improved suspension compliance., but that would be getting pretty far from the original concept, wouldn't it?

Reactions: MZ5
Interesting that one hand you love the bike the way the "New Concept" originally came and on the other hand lament that it wasn't changed a whole lot, even though there are very few parts that would interchange between the 2012 700 model and the 2023 750 model. Engine, transmission, clutch, frame, suspension, instrumentation, electronics, body parts, lighting have all been changed/upgraded every couple of years since its inception, most recently 2 years ago.

I have to say that smart phone connectivity would be near the bottom of updates that would make me consider buying a newer one. Just something that is not even remotely on my radar. My smart phone stays in my pocket when riding.

My personal wish list would include shaft drive and cruise control, larger 5 gal fuel tank, maybe a bit more power, better brakes, and improved suspension compliance., but that would be getting pretty far from the original concept, wouldn't it?
I would like to see the original concept taken farther, with better fuel economy, perhaps some technology common to automobiles like VVT, direct injection (if that might help in any way). I would like to see belt drive, a bit larger fuel tank, smaller engine, same or less power (maybe a 500), better efficiency, put the suspension travel back at least to where it was pre-’21. Brakes are just fine as they are. OR, maybe even a hybrid of sorts with a small engine that runs constant, efficient RPM to charge a battery, while the battery runs a drive motor. Eliminate the transmission and use a motor that puts out torque zero RPM to top speed. Put the motor concentric with the swing arm pivot so belt tension is always constant. Plug in hybrid capable.

Instead, the NC simply got a larger bore so it’s closer to being square, RPM limit was raised, no new engine tech. Basically the minor changes have taken it closer to maintstream motorcycles, not to unique new concept. Instead we have basically the same NC that came out in 2012, but choices of different clothes, and the minor changes have had no net overall positive impact.

I would like to see the original concept taken farther, with better fuel economy, perhaps some technology common to automobiles like VVT, direct injection (if that might help in any way). I would like to see belt drive, a bit larger fuel tank, smaller engine, same or less power (maybe a 500), better efficiency, put the suspension travel back at least to where it was pre-’21. Brakes are just fine as they are. OR, maybe even a hybrid of sorts with a small engine that runs constant, efficient RPM to charge a battery, while the battery runs a drive motor. Eliminate the transmission and use a motor that puts out torque zero RPM to top speed. Put the motor concentric with the swing arm pivot so belt tension is always constant. Plug in hybrid capable.

Instead, the NC simply got a larger bore so it’s closer to being square, RPM limit was raised, no new engine tech. Basically the minor changes have taken it closer to maintstream motorcycles, not to unique new concept. Instead we have basically the same NC that came out in 2012, but choices of different clothes, and the minor changes have had no net overall positive impact.
Well, venture to say motorcycles with the features both of us mentioned would no longer be NCs but entirely new models of motorcycles, so I guess what we are saying is the model known an the NC has run its course, and with no where else to go with development, is doomed to fade away soon

My guess replaced with the 750 Transalp and 750 Hornet in Hondas line up, as they seem to be the new models Honda is promoting

Last edited:
Reactions: MZ5

You need a Yamaha Super Tenere.

I have ridden one, alas it was way too tall for me. Unfortunately I am a Munchkin at 5' 5 1/2" and 25 ish inch actual inseam and all of the ADV style bikes leave my feet dangling in the air on both sides. I would not be riding an NC 750 had Honda not lowered it for 2021, and I'm on my toes on it at a stop.if I were a 6 footer I'd be breathing different air and having a list of about 30 motorcycles That I could possibly ride. A seat height of about 31" is my limit I'm afraid.

Cruiser body with a sport touring heart you might say lol

Super Tenere had good potential but I found it to be way too large, and frankly not even in the same category as the NCX. The Tenere is sort of a bloatcycle adventure bike with primary focus on street, whereas the NCX is simply a mid sized street/commuter motorcycle with it’s only connection to “adventure” being the styling.

Well, venture to say motorcycles with the features both of us mentioned would no longer be NCs but entirely new models of motorcycles, so I guess what we are saying is the model known an the NC has run its course, and with no where else to go with development, is doomed to fade away soon

My guess replaced with the 750 Transalp and 750 Hornet in Hondas line up, as they seem to be the new models Honda is promoting
Agreed. The NC was created in a different time. The Concept ran it’s course. I wish for the New New Concept, but Honda has fallen back into the mainstream and retro cycle mode, instead of innovation.

i have a super tenere and a 2021 nc. love them both.
if you've got the skills, the super t is way more versatile than you might think.
i'm waiting for a 2023 nc to add to my stable up north. so unlike some here, i'm a fan of all the upgrades and package the nc is.
Good for you. You are apparently the target audience. Honda marketing has a plan, and you’re in it. Enjoy!

Interesting that one hand you love the bike the way the "New Concept" originally came and on the other hand lament that it wasn't changed a whole lot, even though there are very few parts that would interchange between the 2012 700 model and the 2023 750 model.

Few parts that have been changed doesn't mean they are an evolution. Most of what has been done it's just refining the original idea. The real upgrades are the ride by wire and the anti slip clutch, but those are hardly a novelty, they've been around for a while and it was just a matter of costs.

A real eveolution would be a dash with connectivity for navigation and an engine bump to 70hp with dual power maps to go back to 55-60 for fuel economy. It would improve a lot the touring part of the bike, especially if you ride with a passenger, without eating to much on the commuting bike part. Or going to a 19 wheel and dual rotors at the front rising a bit the clearance to make it more off road.

But none of this would happen, as it would make the nc overlap too much with both the transalp and the nt1100.

Few parts that have been changed doesn't mean they are an evolution. Most of what has been done it's just refining the original idea. The real upgrades are the ride by wire and the anti slip clutch, but those are hardly a novelty, they've been around for a while and it was just a matter of costs.

A real eveolution would be a dash with connectivity for navigation and an engine bump to 70hp with dual power maps to go back to 55-60 for fuel economy. It would improve a lot the touring part of the bike, especially if you ride with a passenger, without eating to much on the commuting bike part. Or going to a 19 wheel and dual rotors at the front rising a bit the clearance to make it more off road.

But none of this would happen, as it would make the nc overlap too much with both the transalp and the nt1100.
I think talk that the NC needs 70 hp is the most common indicator that some of the motorcycle public doesn’t understand or doesn’t embrace the New Concept. Just my opinion.

I think talk that the NC needs 70 hp is the most common indicator that some of the motorcycle public doesn’t understand or doesn’t embrace the New Concept. Just my opinion.

It doesnt "need" 70hp per se, but having it as an option for travel fully loaded and with a passenger would be a great addition.
I'm sure in the USA with lanes wide as football fields and the rigid speed limits isnt an issue but here in Italy (and most of europe), speed limits are a suggestion and roads are narrow: the extra power to get out of the way quickly is only a plus.

Imagine if they were able to do 70 hp AND 70 mpg in a 400 pound package?

I've ridden thru 5 countries in Europe (Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland and Lichtenstein) and thought the speeds were much more regulated there with speed cameras all over the place than it is here in the US where it is mainly regulated by being physically "caught" by an LEO. Our backroads are similarly narrow to those I rode on in Europe. A lot of them are what I call lane and a halfs for both lanes.

Last edited:
It doesnt "need" 70hp per se, but having it as an option for travel fully loaded and with a passenger would be a great addition.
I'm sure in the USA with lanes wide as football fields and the rigid speed limits isnt an issue but here in Italy (and most of europe), speed limits are a suggestion and roads are narrow: the extra power to get out of the way quickly is only a plus.
Haha where did this misconception come from? We have wide open multi-lane roads posted up to 136 kmh and small twisty country lanes depending on the location. Speed limits are not well enforced in many jurisdictions.

Back