• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023 NC750X DCT on US Honda web site. No manual?

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I see that powersports.honda.com is showing the 2023 NC750X for the USA market, in DCT version only, hinting that a manual transmission model may not be imported to the U.S.. Matte Nightshade Blue, a not seen before color, seems to be the only choice. Primary specs and body style appear unchanged from 2022.

For me personally, the changes made at model year 2021 ended my interest in new NCX models, so the upcoming lack of a manual transmission option doesn’t really matter anymore.

Last edited:
Interesting. I'd only have a DCT but surprises me they would do that as it does cut out many people. But I do love that color and still under $10,000. I'll stick with my red 2022 though.

I wonder if cutting out the manual option now signals that the NC750X will soon be discontinued in the US. 2023 will be the 12th model year for the NC, and that’s a long time for a Honda model.

I also wonder, in Honda’s lineup, if the new Transalp will come to the States designated as an (actual) adventure bike, while the DCT NC might be reclassified as a street standard model (since that’s really what it is).

I prefer my red one to that blue one
I agree that the red is preferable to the matte blue. However, with most all of the modern day Honda color (colour) offerings, I would plan on repainting them to something more exciting anyway.

The Transalp will ge coming to the US since Honda trademarked the name for the US this year. The Transalp will eat the NC750 sales. The Transalp is only coming in the manual, bad move by Honda.

The Transalp will ge coming to the US since Honda trademarked the name for the US this year. The Transalp will eat the NC750 sales. The Transalp is only coming in the manual, bad move by Honda.
The majority of Honda models are manual transmissions. There are currently only three motorcycle DCT engine/transmission combinations. I think keeping the weight down and reliability up is a good reason to offer the Transalp in manual. A DCT 750 street bike offered alongside a manual 750 adventure bike makes some sense to me.

Last edited:
Not that I was looking to change, but no manual means no new NC750X for me moving forward. I guess my next bike will likely be a Royal Enfield.

Not that I was looking to change, but no manual means no new NC750X for me moving forward. I guess my next bike will likely be a Royal Enfield.
Ditto for no new NC for me. My most recently purchased bike (electric) has no transmission, and I hope to go electric from this day forward. I’ll keep my old hot, shaky, noisy smoker bikes for long trips until electric charging technology and infrastructure improves. I will consider a small engine hybrid motorcycle if one should come a available that meets my needs.

I might add an electric to my stable for under $8K, but I'm not spending over that on one. Figure I only have a few years left to ride and can probably afford the gas for my bikes until then. Let's say at 73 yo (which I turn in May), I have 3-4 years or approx 60-80K miles left to ride at current average. $8K would buy me 2000 gals of gas and 140,000 miles of gas at current gas prices. An electric for $13-24K would be a huge money waster for me at this stage of my life. Now if I was 50, that would be different ........

Looking at Zero's website a New Zero S, their base model, has an MSRP of $13K. Move up to a model with some amenities and you are looking at $24K

I would ride an electric, no problem, it would just have to make financial sense to me.

A hybrid makes more sense and Kaw has one coming out, but hard to say how soon and how much $.

Doing my age & motorcycle lifespan calculations, I can probably make my 2012 NC last until I die or can no longer ride a 500 pound motorcycle. I project it will be at least 6 more years until my NC hits 100,000 miles. If the engine should die then, I already have a spare engine sitting in a box that could go another theoretical 100,000 miles.

The great thing about electrics, for me, is that they work so much better than ICE motorcycles. The refined electric power delivery, smoothness, and quietness makes me not want to get back on my ICE machines.

I was watching a video on Motorcycle trends and sales worldwide and some of the honda interviews seemed to indicate worldwide sales of their DCT versions were beating out the manual and that Honda is moving into the future with more DCT options.
It seems like only the north american market hasnt embraced it and since we are the smallest sales market for motorcycles we may not see much of a choice.

It seems like only a matter of time until moto racing follows some of the car racing and adopts dct tech which seems to be the last hold out for honda.

The majority of Honda models are manual transmissions. There are currently only three motorcycle DCT engine/transmission combinations. I think keeping the weight down and reliability up is a good reason to offer the Transalp in manual. A DCT 750 street bike offered alongside a manual 750 adventure bike makes some sense to me.

Four in the US

NC750X
Rebel 1100
Africa Twin
Goldwing

I understand that the new Transalp 750 will have a new Omnicam 755cc parallel twin engine, same as the Hornet.
Do you think it will also migrate to a future NC model? 90.5 HP. Now that would be interesting.

Four in the US

NC750X
Rebel 1100
Africa Twin
Goldwing
I believe the Rebel and the Africa Twin share the same basic engines, perhaps with some tuning variation. The Rebel 1100 and the AT are both 22.5* Unicam parallel twins with the same bore and stroke. That is why I said Honda currently has three engine/DCT transmission combinations total - Goldwing, NC750X, AT/Rebel. What am I missing, or how are these two engines significantly different?

0E643D0C-977B-433E-83B7-B915C28BD9EF.jpeg20D7E7E8-7D80-49EB-9810-E5D62D2383D3.jpeg

Last edited:
I understand that the new Transalp 750 will have a new Omnicam 755cc parallel twin engine, same as the Hornet.
Do you think it will also migrate to a future NC model? 90.5 HP. Now that would be interesting.
I doubt it. The NC was New Concept, based on a low reving engine built for efficiency, not peak power. A 90.5 hp 755cc engine probably doesn’t fit that concept.

Back