• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cyclegear Handguards on sale....

docwells7

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just checked in at Cyclegear.com and their Trackside Adjustable Handguards are on sale for $45 down from $90. You can check them out in pictures of Northwestrider's bike in several threads. I went ahead and ordered them and will review once I get them installed. Just thought you'd all like to know.
Erik

Their stuff is always "on sale".................in the past some have questioned the quality of most of their stuff.......??????

Their stuff is always "on sale".................in the past some have questioned the quality of most of their stuff.......??????

These handguards have been listed at $89.99 for the past three weeks. Northwestrider gave them a thumbs up in the thread on handguards, and in PMs between the two of us. I don't work for cyclegear.com, and don't really care if you buy them. I'm using them mostly for wind protection, and think they'll do the trick. Truth be told, in the past some have questioned the quality of just about everything. I just thought some people that don't want to spend $150 on a set of barkbusters might be interested in saving $50...

No, those have no aluminum reinforcement. I plan on getting some Hippo Hands for winter riding, so I wanted them to be stiff enough to keep the Hippo Hands from pushing against the brake/clutch levers. Also, for $25 more, I thought it was worth it to have a little protection in case I have a brain fart bike drop.

Here's a link to the set I bought...

TRACKSIDE - Aluminum Handguard Kit with Shields - Hand Guards - Parts - CycleGear - Cycle Gear

Hope that helps...

I bought the $45 set to block the crashes. Does require a slight bend outwards to fit perfect, but easy enough to bend out just a bit. Nortwestrider told me about them.

I bought the $45 set to block the crashes. Does require a slight bend outwards to fit perfect, but easy enough to bend out just a bit. Nortwestrider told me about them.

These are what I have and they are awsome !!
u4ezy5a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had those handguards for the past year. For $45, they are worth every pennies. What I did differently than NWRider is I removed the bar-ends completely when I installed the aluminum reinforcements. This way, the fattest part of the handguard can be positioned right over my hands. Also, it would leave room to rotate the entire handguards upwards to cover top of my hands. You will see what I mean when you start playing with it.

Overall, good price and good value. Not as pretty as barkbusters or other "premium" brands. But does the job as intended.

I used them until I changed out my windshield to a Caltech. They stuck out far enough to hit so I had to take them off. Worked great though.

I have had those handguards for the past year. For $45, they are worth every pennies. What I did differently than NWRider is I removed the bar-ends completely when I installed the aluminum reinforcements. This way, the fattest part of the handguard can be positioned right over my hands. Also, it would leave room to rotate the entire handguards upwards to cover top of my hands. You will see what I mean when you start playing with it.

Overall, good price and good value. Not as pretty as barkbusters or other "premium" brands. But does the job as intended.

Before the WABDR ride next July I'm going to remove the bar ends ( and maybe switch bars ) and reattach the hand guards.

I had really wanted to get a pair of those, but found out the shipping was something like $45.00+ to Canada. :eek: :(

Ya, ya, I know. Go down to Blaine at a Post box pick up or ride down to Seattle or whatever. Unfortunately I still haven't done the $$$ Passport thing. :rolleyes:

Fortunately there are Ebay sellers of other brand stuff that ship for free or have non outrageous costs, so my money went elsewhere...

I had really wanted to get a pair of those, but found out the shipping was something like $45.00+ to Canada. :eek: :(

Ya, ya, I know. Go down to Blaine at a Post box pick up or ride down to Seattle or whatever. Unfortunately I still haven't done the $$$ Passport thing. :rolleyes:

Fortunately there are Ebay sellers of other brand stuff that ship for free or have non outrageous costs, so my money went elsewhere...

I live in Seattle and can ride up your way with parts sometime ( I have a passport ).

I just thought some people that don't want to spend $150 on a set of barkbusters might be interested in saving $50...

I just put the barkbusters on my bike last weekend, but I would have definitely gone with these at that price.

If you have the Puig shield they don't fit. I think any windshield above stock would have issue with these. I will wind up returning them, unless someone in the forum doesn't live near a Cycle gear and want's a pair. The clamps are also to big for the Honda's handle bars, I solved that by putting soft velco stick pads in the clamps, made them tight, and didn't scratch up the bars.

Back