• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cyclegear Handguards on sale....

That looks really good! I'll remember to try mounting under instead of OVER if I have any trouble.
I'm amazed at how good those look given the cost.

I have a home-made windshield, so I might have to adjust.

They can be mounted either way. I just did not like how the mounting bracket went over the top of the brake fluid reservior. I actually ended up flipping back that way because they were hitting the Puig windscreen at full tilt of the handle bars.

I have the $19 ones on my wife's GS500 and I had to make 1" drop plates to get them to clear the controls.If I did it again I would by the $49 obes for her bike.

2epytevu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a pair of the $20 ones, 70 mile round trip from my house to the store in Lenexa KS. Got home and loosened the brake and clutch levers scooted them over a bit and there is no way I can get the left side on, the wires running out of the switch gear are in the way, I can get it on if I leave the clutch lever against the switch gear. On the brake side I can get the bracket on between the switch gear and the lever mount but it's a lot easier to run it over the top but then it's resting on the brake reservoir, also if I run the brackets over rather than under the bars the plastics then don't hit my Puig windscreen. There is also a definite Right & left to the plastic parts, with the brackets going over mine are on the wrong side, I may do some Plastic Surgery to mine so that I can mount them of the proper side.

Thats why I bought the $49 ones !!.
You can probably make them work with a drop bracket.
syjejy4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Some pictures of my $20 ones with the brackets going over the top.P1010483.jpg
Left side with just the bracket, I couldn't get the bracket to go between the switch gear housing and the lever mounts because of the wire coming out of the switch gear.

P1010485.jpg
P1010484.jpg
Right side with the shield attached, on this side I was able to get the bracket between the switch gear and lever mount. Both sides were easier to get on going over the bars rather than under, but I don't really care for it resting on the brake reservoir. Also with the brackets going this way The shields are upside down but that can be fixed by peeling off the stickers.

P1010482.jpg
The shield by itself, that piece just above the bolt hole hits the bracket if you try to put them right side up if the brackets are on up side down. They are flexible enough that you can force them on, or I could cut that part out.

P1010486.jpg

P1010489.jpg
At full lock the shield goes just in front of my Puig windscreen without touching it, The left side being about a half inch farther in just barely touches it at full lock.

They do a good job of keeping the wind & bugs off my hands, have to wait for winter to see if they keep my hands warmer.

Some pictures of my $20 ones with the brackets going over the top.

The shield by itself, that piece just above the bolt hole hits the bracket if you try to put them right side up if the brackets are on up side down. They are flexible enough that you can force them on, or I could cut that part out.

I noticed that when I installed mine. I went ahead and switched sides and they still work great.

I'm pretty sure someone on this forum has them installed on thier DCT. Look a few posts above. I think Nortwestrider has them.

Thanks SergeantChuck, however it appears Norwestrider's bike is a standard, from the pictures in the first few posts.

Thanks SergeantChuck, however it appears Norwestrider's bike is a standard, from the pictures in the first few posts.

Hmmm, there was someone talking about this the otherday. Let me look through the threads.

I bought a pair of these for wind protection... Hands are freezing in the morning - and the "California" winter is coming - in a couple of months (throws head back and laughs)

The bar end bolts were too large to screw in and had to return them. Seems like many of you could bolt on to stock. I guess I will head back to CycleGear to see if I can get a matching set of bar ends.

I did buy my NC 6 months old and maybe they replaced the bar ends before it was sold.

Back