• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cyclegear Handguards on sale....

If you have the Puig shield they don't fit. I think any windshield above stock would have issue with these. I will wind up returning them, unless someone in the forum doesn't live near a Cycle gear and want's a pair. The clamps are also to big for the Honda's handle bars, I solved that by putting soft velco stick pads in the clamps, made them tight, and didn't scratch up the bars.

The clamps fit great on my stock bars..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone want to give details on how to set them up. Not sure how I should attach them on the ends etc.

Anyone want to give details on how to set them up. Not sure how I should attach them on the ends etc.

The only reason (that I can think of off hand) that the clamps would be too big for the bars, is you ordered, or they sent by mistake, clamps for 1" bar diametres instead of the NCX's 7/8" bars. Or, you didn't get or install the little clamshell inner plastic halves that can be inserted into the clamps before fitting to the bars, like other brands can have. (my Acerbis knock-off guards have those- don't use the plastic halves, and they are for 1" bars, use the halfshells, and they fit the 7/8" bars.

Do you have the guards mounted on the outside of the OEM bar end weights, or did you take the weights off, install the guards, and then put the weights back on?

With mine, I had to mount them inboard of the weights, simply installing them on the outside and leaving the weights in place, wouldn't work, they fouled cables and hoses and levers etc. Maybe these guards of yours can have similar issues to work around?

Before Rox 2" risers, stuff hit windshield. After Rox 2" risers, nothing hits the windshield. The risers make your bike a lot more comfortable, and all accessories work this way.

Used OEM bar weights with no problem.

Yup I use straight 30mm risers and what a difference !!.
Also my handgaurds no longer hit !!.

Last edited:
Yup I use straight 30mm risers and what a difference !!.
Also my handgaurds no longer hit !!.

Was there any problems with your front brake line, throttle cables, or handlebar wiring being too tight or short?
Did you have to remove or loosen any of the ties holding the lines, cables, or wires?

Nope,they went right on,BUT make sure you use some thread lube or the bolts that come with the risers will weld themselfs into your triple clamp!!.DON'T ASK HOW I KNOW !!.

With the set I have, with the clamps all the way tight, there is still space between the clamps and handle bars.

With the set I have, with the clamps all the way tight, there is still space between the clamps and handle bars.
How do you, did you, keep the bars from turning?
Do you mind sharing which brand and size of risers you used on your bike? It would save me, and other owners, an oh! oh! moment!
Thanks for the tip!

How do you, did you, keep the bars from turning?
Do you mind sharing which brand and size of risers you used on your bike? It would save me, and other owners, an oh! oh! moment!
Thanks for the tip!

I used Velcro stick tape, but I just realized I bought the 1 inch set. Like I always tell my kids, attention to detail.

Back