• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bought Farkles but not installed yet?

L.B.S.

Fixed Idea
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How many here have made purchases of accessories and farkles, but either haven't installed them yet, or never got around to putting them on in the first place? :rolleyes:

I'm probably the only one here that is as lazy as all heck, lol :eek:

-I bought some lowering links from Lee very soon after I bought my bike (or maybe even before I actually had it, can't remember) but soon decided I'd rather remove and reinstall my mirrors every single time I take my bike out from where it's parked at home, rather than lose all that precious ground clearance off road.

-Fenda Extenda. It's still sitting on a shelf and I haven't bothered to put it on yet!

-I have one of those electronic rear brake light modulator gizmos (that a bunch of us here bought a while back) that I haven't put in the wiring because I wanted to add an additional LED brake light prior to doing it. I don't want my stock brake light to flash, only a secondary LED one that I add, but am dragging my heels on which type and where I put it.

-A brutally expensive rear shock that I've had for months, but I wanted to remove the spring and paint it black first (the spring is a horrifying colour of nuclear turquoise, that just does not work with my all black look, hee hee)

I finally gave up on dicking around with the spring removal and painting, when the spring compressor I bought turned out to not fit in the coils, and I still would have to buy or make/modify a pin style tool for lock ring unthreading.

I really didn't want to muck the shock up with my ham fisted attempts due simply to vanity before I even used it, so I instead turned my thoughts towards a shock cover, ala R&G "Shock Sock" types of textile coverings designed to keep grit and grime out of the spendy slidy bits. A bonus would be I could leave the shock alone, and it's offending Lark's Vomit Blue properly covered up from peering eyes.

This will show more insight into the windmills of my mind- I was deeply insulted by the ripoff shipping costs all the various vendors wanted, that were more than the cost of the actual item, so I thought: "Fine, you greedy/stupid bastids, I will make my own damned shock cover, and you can kiss a sale goodbye."

Of course this meant I was now on a quest to try and invent how to make a shock cover, lol. After getting lost in the www. forest of digital camo ballistic nylon material choices, webbing straps, velcro, awl and sewing equipment, I stumbled upon a great idea. Searched and found a waterproof heavy duty black cordura hiking/snowshoeing gaiter, all by it's lonesome in a local Military surplus store. $5.00 and it was mine.

It's 99% ready for actually being able to work with no modification, but a wee little bit too long, unfortunately. Sigh, so I will have to cut an inch or two off and/or fold a flap in it and sew it back together. Oh well, no biggy.

-I have my small-to-medium-sized furry animal vapourizing LED fog lights gathering dust in their boxes, while I suss out and make an aluminum frame/bracket idea I have in mind to mount them on. Got the relay, wiring harness and switch from eBay to go with the lights, but I want to fab up a nice bracket on the handlebars for it, and route the wiring a certain way.

-Got a package from HBP that I've lusted after for ages, but it too, needs a fair bit of fiddling with and painting to make it work for me. The stainless steel button head security Torx bolts I will use with it, are on my bedside table, and the aircraft inspired mechanism to go with it, resides on the floor below. (no hints, but I will say it's not a luggage rack plate, that's another story lol...)

-Got my Powerlet RapidFire jacket liner last week, but I wanted to install a proper coax outlet that OCR first inspired me to add to the "need" list. (drat you, OCR) Still have to decide where exactly I want it once I get it, too.

I am sure I will remember more stuff and edit them in, but for now that's a start... :eek:

Last edited:
My heated grips are still in their box on my bedroom floor. I probably won't get around to installing them for another month yet. All my attention has been going into fiddling with my car lately, and since I won't be riding for at least another month I haven't really bothered with working on the bikes.

My heated grips are still in their box on my bedroom floor. I probably won't get around to installing them for another month yet. All my attention has been going into fiddling with my car lately, and since I won't be riding for at least another month I haven't really bothered with working on the bikes.

The heated grips I bought for my buddy to put on his Super Ten three Christmases ago, are still in their box, lol. He desperately wanted them, but when it's cold enough to use heated grips, it's too cold to install them, and when it's warm enough to not need them, he wants to ride instead of work on his bike...;)

I bought all four wind deflectors and still have not installed them. And it is winter. They probably won't do much good so I have not been in a hurry.

I purchased the side stand plate and have not installed it. I'll need it more in the summer for the hot asphalt.

I just purchased a set of Rox Risers. The jury is still out on how quickly I'll install those.

Hah! I still have farkles I bought for past bikes, bikes I don't even have anymore. And farkles I took off my past bikes, waiting to be installed on future bikes. You'd think that eventually Twisted Throttle would not get any more of my money, because I would already have everything in their catalog sitting on shelves in my garage. But somehow I get a new bike and immediately buy MORE of this stuff.

And don't even get me started on riding gear. I have enough jackets and helmets to outfit three of me. When does it end?!?

The heated grips I bought for my buddy to put on his Super Ten three Christmases ago, are still in their box, lol. He desperately wanted them, but when it's cold enough to use heated grips, it's too cold to install them, and when it's warm enough to not need them, he wants to ride instead of work on his bike...;)

I think the same way as your buddy periodically. Another reason I haven't put my grips on yet is knowing that I'll actually have to take the bike apart to some extent to run the wires to the battery, and since this was/is my first new bike I really don't want to take it apart. The exhaust and windshield were easy, surface mods if you will. Wiring, while in this case not all that complicated, is not exactly something I look forward to doing on any vehicle.

How many here have made purchases of accessories and farkles, but either haven't installed them yet, or never got around to putting them on in the first place? :rolleyes:

-I bought some lowering links from Lee very soon after I bought my bike (or maybe even before I actually had it, can't remember) but soon decided I'd rather remove and reinstall my mirrors every single time I take my bike out from where it's parked at home, rather than lose all that precious ground clearance off road.

-Fenda Extenda. It's still sitting on a shelf and I haven't bothered to put it on yet!

-I have one of those electronic rear brake light modulator gizmos (that a bunch of us here bought a while back) that I haven't put in the wiring because I wanted to add an additional LED brake light prior to doing it. I don't want my stock brake light to flash, only a secondary LED one that I add, but am dragging my heels on which type and where I put it.

-A brutally expensive rear shock that I've had for months, but I wanted to remove the spring and paint it black first (the spring is a horrifying colour of nuclear turquoise, that just does not work with my all black look, hee hee)

I finally gave up on dicking around with the spring removal and painting, when the spring compressor I bought turned out to not fit in the coils, and I still would have to buy or make/modify a pin style tool for lock ring unthreading.

I really didn't want to muck the shock up with my ham fisted attempts due simply to vanity before I even used it, so I instead turned my thoughts towards a shock cover, ala R&G "Shock Sock" types of textile coverings designed to keep grit and grime out of the spendy slidy bits. A bonus would be I could leave the shock alone, and it's offending Lark's Vomit Blue properly covered up from peering eyes.

This will show more insight into the windmills of my mind- I was deeply insulted by the ripoff shipping costs all the various vendors wanted, that were more than the cost of the actual item, so I thought: "Fine, you greedy/stupid bastids, I will make my own damned shock cover, and you can kiss a sale goodbye."

Of course this meant I was now on a quest to try and invent how to make a shock cover, lol. After getting lost in the www. forest of digital camo ballistic nylon material choices, webbing straps, velcro, awl and sewing equipment, I stumbled upon a great idea. Searched and found a waterproof heavy duty black cordura hiking/snowshoeing gaiter, all by it's lonesome in a local Military surplus store. $5.00 and it was mine.

It's 99% ready for actually being able to work with no modification, but a wee little bit too long, unfortunately. Sigh, so I will have to cut an inch or two off and/or fold a flap in it and sew it back together. Oh well, no biggy.

-I have my small-to-medium-sized furry animal vapourizing LED fog lights gathering dust in their boxes, while I suss out and make an aluminum frame/bracket idea I have in mind to mount them on. Got the relay, wiring harness and switch from eBay to go with the lights, but I want to fab up a nice bracket on the handlebars for it, and route the wiring a certain way.

-Got a package from HBP that I've lusted after for ages, but it too, needs a fair bit of fiddling with and painting to make it work for me. The stainless steel button head security Torx bolts I will use with it, are on my bedside table, and the aircraft inspired mechanism to go with it, resides on the floor below. (no hints, but I will say it's not a luggage rack plate, that's another story lol...)

-Got my Powerlet RapidFire jacket liner last week, but I wanted to install a proper coax outlet that OCR first inspired me to add to the "need" list. (drat you, OCR) Still have to decide where exactly I want it once I get it, too.

I am sure I will remember more stuff and edit them in, but for now that's a start... :eek:

4.jpgNow the fun begins, putting all those tiny parts together to make one motorcycle. Have fun!

Smileyok.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
As soon as I get what I order it goes on,I just have to do it or I can't sleep.I do have a new bell helmet I haven't used .I got to finally ride the other day and took the old helmet.I just wanted to ride.

Haven't installed my Hondabikepro skid plate yet. What little time off I had the decision was to ride it, not work on it. Maybe before I head to Daytona......... maybe.

Also have some extra brake lights to install.

I'm like Ziggie in that I can't wait to install the farkles once I get them. I've tried to wait but I simply have no will power and it's like they're calling to me to be installed once they arrive at my house. I'm also a riding gear junkie although I am much better now than I was a few years ago. Still I have boxes of helmets, jackets, gloves and boots that I don't use, can't throw out and have every good intention of selling of giving to needy riders at some point. I think I need a 12 step program for this addiction.

I install it the day I get it, unless I bought something the s/o doesn't know about and wont have it installed before she gets home.

I think all of my farkles have been installed. They've also (almost) all been uninstalled, as the bike is off to a shop to get fitted for all new farkles, and they wanted her as stock as possible. Yay for free stuff! As to when risers, windshield, etc might go back on the bike? Who knows. And don't even get me started on how long it'll be before I get to test out which skid plate I want to keep...

I have no more place to hide them in the house...my wife is asking questions ($$$$$)-me responding: I couldn't pass, it was a great deal !. If only she knows...I'll be a dead man.:D

Yep ...

...... have a handful, setting in boxes ..... darn winter has been SO cold just haven't had the gumption to get there and get them installed (and I have a garage !)...... and this weeks weather isn't any better .... lows in single digits, highs in the teens for the next few days

that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it !!

I think I can give you a run for your money. But I like to call it Energy Management.;)

Fenda Extenda. It's still sitting on a shelf and I haven't bothered to put it on yet! :eek:

I got mine on very fast. Three months from the purchase date.

I have one of those electronic rear brake light modulator gizmos (that a bunch of us here bought a while back) that I haven't put in the wiring because I wanted to add an additional LED brake light prior to doing it. I don't want my stock brake light to flash, only a secondary LED one that I add, but am dragging my heels on which type and where I put it. :eek:

Hmm, I was one of those guys! Yep still on the NCX parts shelf.:eek: After having it for a long time, I decided to do the install and noticed that my AdMore led lights on my Givi top case already flashed.
(No need for the flasher now) Darn it!! I procrastinated that long for nothing! It was already done.

I got those shock protectors in about a month ago, but will put them on when I do my next service. I'm guessing it will take around 1 minute to complete that farkle.

It could be said I have committed the ultimate laziness... I bought farkles, in the form of OEM side cases, a center stand, and tall OEM windshield, and PAID to have them installed, rather than install them myself. :p

I did install the RAM ball mount for my GPS myself though, the day it was delivered :)

Back