• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bought Farkles but not installed yet?

I understand, even if everything fits correctly you end up dropping/loosing a screw into the depths of the bike or breaking one of the plastic rivets or stripping the head of a screw because it was too tight or wrong tool was used, all resulting in a trip to the hardware store or bike shop.

The main reason I put off installing farkles is the hassle I know it will be to make if fit/work. Almost every farkle I've installed required machining, filing, bending, painting, a trip to the store for hardware, etc. I really wonder if these aftermarket companies have truly tried to install these products themselves.

Even the big names like Madstad, SW-Motech, and Givi have products that don't fit right.

I'm currently fussing with the SW-Motech side case brackets. First, the rubber bumpers stuck out so far the bags wouldn't snap on. The rear cross piece bracket needed new hardware to properly install. Now it looks like I need to file slotted holes in the footrest bracket plates to get the side brackets in place without having to bend the whole fender/taillight assembly down to attain alignment.

Even the ADVMonster aux light clamps required major filing to get the clamps to grip tightly. However, Kudos to Rox Risers as that was the one piece that fit without mods.

Even Honda didn't think through the saddle bad mounts until 2013 becasue we had to cut the plastic on mine to mount the OEM brackets.
I decided to go with the OEM saddlebags and they just showed up today.
After reading the instructions I'm a little confused, what is the reason for the two holes in the fender?

The grab rails for the OEM saddle brackets need more clearance than the original ones. You are not adding holes you are making the clearance areas around the mounting bolts larger. If you have a 2013 you don't have to worry about it. I didn't realize this until I had my fender removed and the template taped to it to start modifying it with no material to remove. I checked these forums and found out the 2013 doesn't require the modification.

I've figured it out when I looked at my bike after work.
I couldn't understand the (slightly larger than a postage stamp) diagram.
I have a 2012 so I have some modifications to do.

I decided to go with the OEM saddlebags and they just showed up today.
After reading the instructions I'm a little confused, what is the reason for the two holes in the fender?

I've got a couple pictures that will help it make sense but TheEdge900 is right. If you don't cut the plastic you can't mount the brackets. Only on a 2012.

20130921_110348.jpg

20130921_110355.jpg

Back