• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Finally got the new mounting tabs I made welded to the rack and it bolts on now. Ground the old tabs off and painted it then got my bag bolted on. I like it. Pic of rack before, then with new tabs, then on bike

Attachments

• 20240124_070242.jpg
    20240124_070242.jpg
    879.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240131_165034.jpg
    20240131_165034.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 20240131_170256.jpg
    20240131_170256.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 20240131_193140.jpg
    20240131_193140.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
  • 20240131_193247.jpg
    20240131_193247.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
The roads are clear and dry, the temps got above 40, and out the door I went. It felt good to be out and about again. Lots of storm damage on the side of the road and in people's front yards. I made an 80 mile loop and made it home in time for lunch.

Didn't get out today. Too many chores at home. I did clean off the crud from the bike and put on a camera mount ( camera on order).Don't worry, nobody will be inflicted by You tube vids. It is for my own use. I also waxed/nourished my leather trousers as I was doing the same to a pair of walking boots.
The roads are very manky round me. The bike always needs a good oily cloth wipe down.

Out and about yesterday in mid-Missouri, USA. Lovely weather, mid-50s. But did a foolish thing yesterday, and I'm asking for understanding, given the bike's still new to me: stopped to re-fuel, and the seat wouldn't release. Bugger! Stayed a few moments, then decided to head home (only a half-mile) and investigate the sticky latch. Got home and realized--wait for it--I had been trying to pull up the forward seat. Super dumb, I admit.

Again, I've come to this (fantastic) bike after 22 years with a 1985 Nighthawk 650. For me, it's a step into the future.

As I wasn't out yesterday, checked the oil level and went out this morning.
The bike has now done 20000km on the clock. I bought her with just over 18000. Did 56 km today as dry so out on the twisty country roads. Lots of other bikes out as it is a public holiday. Now I have to make a lamb Balti and prepare for my wife's birthday tomorrow. Sha... Better get back out and buy a card before I forget.1000011066.jpg

Day 22 ... sunrise ride at 29 degrees and sun coming up. Going to be a pretty day. 41 miles on a loop I call the Double Loop (which is The Loop with a little extra 6 mile short loop added.) About 200 curves altogether. Only saw 1 other vehicle in my lane in the whole 41 miles, but did almost nail the second deer that bolted across the road in front of me at one point.

As weather was good (working in the shed) I did complete a winter project adding some deflectors to my Ermax windscreen. As I use windscreen adjusters. my Ermax stands higher than a stock set up. Lots of air is coming from below. I have no problems with this set up; no buffeting at all. Just trying to improve comfort a bit. I’ll have to wait for spring to test. If it is a keeper I might paint the underside black to mimic the silkscreen bottom of the Ermax.

20240205_NC_Windscreen_Extension_4302LR.jpg

20240205_NC_Windscreen_Extension_4303LR.jpg

Rode up to my brothers property today about 94 mile round trip.The NC will cruise 80mph down the highway at 4100 rpm. No buffeting, nice and smooth vibrations don't put my hands to sleep. Then down a dirt road to the jeep trail on my brothers property. I can't do that on my Concours 14!

I don't have any complaints about the NC. It has enough power and handles well on the curves. I can imagine how much fun it will be on some of the roads in Arkansas that have very short straights, mostly curves.

I think a multi state trip I would take my concours but just a run next state over and back it would be a tough choice because I know once we got there the NC would be more fun. I go on bike trips with my sons. They have a ninja1000sx and a gsxr750. Interestingly the NC750 has basically the same power and torque as my sons Gsxr750 up to 6000rpm, then the NC is done while the Gsxr goes on to make 90 more hp on top of that.

The NC750 is a great bike once you accept what it is...

Attachments

• 20240206_164157.jpg
    20240206_164157.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 11
I have commuted to work more days than not so far in February. In Canada, that’s a big win. I’m conflicted, however, because I want colder, wetter weather because I’m supposed to ski Whistler/Blackcomb on Monday. :(

Oh, and I’m waiting for the arrival of my SW Motech AluRack for the rear (cheap like borscht on clearance). I may have to give up the Givi side carriers it came with, but since I have a monster tail bag, and I have no intention of buying the Givi side bags to fit them, that’s not the end of the world. Although I was hoping to use them to side-mount guitar cases…

My wife and I mourned the loss of her 2013 NC700 DCT back in July 2023 that was totalled after a driver made a last second left turn in front of her and she center punched the front wheel of he SUV which caused her to slam into the front windshield pillar, deflect into the air about 7 feet off the ground and crash into the turn lane the driver just pulled out of. :( I had the nightmare of being behind on my FJR1300 and got to watch it all transpire in front of me. We have surveillance video from a local store to prove negligence by the offending driver. Note the SHATTERED front wheel, bent forks and engine case damage that cause oil to run out. The fork lights that should have helped avoid not being seen by drivers didn't help in this case.
Thank GOD for our belief in All The Gear All the Time! Besides a badly bruised leg, concussion, sore neck and hands she made out surprisingly well. She's finally almost back to normal now, although she probably won't ride her own bike again. But there's hope because she's looked at some used Gold Wings and is considering buying one and hiring me as driver. LOL
PXL_20230724_204020661.jpg

Back