• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
225 miles with my friend Steve wandering roads in South Georgia before returning to our Northeast Florida homes. 50F at dawn and 70 four hours later. This spot is where the ferry crossing integral to the 250 year old King's Road from Colerain, GA to approximately Oak Hill, FL crossed the St. Mary's River. I stop here often on day rides.

View attachment 51312
It's Wednesday. Enjoying retirement, are we?

Mounted a new to me Nelson Rigg tail bag on the rear rack

Tj1Bvaeh.jpg

Took a 57 mile ride @ 55 degrees and cloudy

And turned over another K on the odo on my 21 DCT

I1P0crch.jpg

Was 30 degrees when I headed to the mc shop this morning. Got new Shinko Raven tires front and rear, new front brake pads, new brake fluid front and rear, and a new chain while I waited. Then took a 68 mile tire scrub in ride.
As a side note I was skeptical of the Shinko Raven 09s due to the price, but I now have 600 miles on them and am very happy with their performance so far (at least in the dry, haven't ridden on them in the rain yet). No concerns at all with handling in the dry, they hang just fine at the speeds I ride which I describe as "slower than some, but faster than others". lol

Will see how they last, but if I can get 7500 miles out of them, it would be like 16 cents a mile VS 28 cents a mile for the Michelin R5 and Pirelli Angel GT and 25 cents per mile for the original Metzler Tourance Nexts.

As a side note I was skeptical of the Shinko Raven 09s due to the price, but I now have 600 miles on them and am very happy with their performance so far (at least in the dry, haven't ridden on them in the rain yet). No concerns at all with handling in the dry, they hang just fine at the speeds I ride which I describe as "slower than some, but faster than others". lol

Will see how they last, but if I can get 7500 miles out of them, it would be like 16 cents a mile VS 28 cents a mile for the Michelin R5 and Pirelli Angel GT and 25 cents per mile for the original Metzler Tourance Nexts.
Looks like a good tire. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for posting your Shinko Raven initial report. I got over twice that 7500 mile mark with my front Raven. Please report as you continue on those tires, and especially on your final tire life mileage.

More warm weather = another ride. Got to try out hauling some groceries and a couple of V-day cards in the frunk. Did a short hop on the freeway on the way back home....haven't gone above 50-60mph in a long time. It was without drama but interesting getting reacquainted with that whole dynamic. Put 2 gallons of gas in the tank and called it a day. Supposed to go out again tomorrow w/ a relative who rides too. I'll try to remember to take photos...

Been a crazy warm winter although our average high temp for this part of the year is 42 degrees. Yesterday it got up to 67 here. Crazy
We have been in the 30's all day and we were expecting snow. It is one of those miserably damp cold days. It was in the 50's last night when rode into town for an errand but it sure switched last night.

Good weather in Conn. yesterday so when I came home from work the next job was to get the bike out of the garage. This was first winter that I did not remove the battery just put a charge on a couple times. The winter service was valve adj. (within service limit but adj to spec.), oil and filter, coolant flush, brake fluid and pads(factory),of course nut and bolt it, lube cables and levers. The going around the block to check the brakes turned into a 2 hour ride. Having the handle bar muffs(Oxford) and the Honda heated grips allowed me to have my summer gloves on. Its good to be back on the road.

I had to have my bike towed home last month because I accidentally shorted out the starter relay. Tried swapping the relay fuse with no luck. It's been really cold here so I just left the bike parked till now.

Finally went out to check other fuses hoping it was still just a fuse. Looked at the spare relay one and realized it too was bad. Must have come already broken since I've never used it before. Swapped in another and it started right up.

So I'm glad that was an easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back