• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update for Feb. 5th, 2023.
Got to go for a short (39 miles) ride this evening in some absolutely glorious motorcycle riding weather this evening, 62° lighty cloudy, fair winds kind of day. Wonderful way to cap off the weekend.

Attachments

• 20230205_165950.jpg
    20230205_165950.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
  • 20230205_165929.jpg
    20230205_165929.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 20230205_165919.jpg
    20230205_165919.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
Update for Feb. 5th, 2023.
Got to go for a short (39 miles) ride this evening in some absolutely glorious motorcycle riding weather this evening, 62° lighty cloudy, fair winds kind of day. Wonderful way to cap off the weekend.
Nice pictures that captured what this hobby is about.

Now you can start playing NC tag with the rest of us!

Sounds good, can't wait for fairer weather.
Ohh, the tag game might slow down for us but it doesn't ever actually end.

How it works is find something that is mentioned in the latest tag. Right now that item is something that could, would, should, or did fly.

Take a picture of the item with your bike in the picture.

Then find another item that you want to make as the new tag. Hopefully it is something general enough that everyone has a chance at tagging.

When you put up the new tag take a picture of it with the NC in the picture and game Daisy chains right along.

I've been so busy lately, and had other social events occupying my time, that I have not been able to ride and was thinking about selling the bike. I had the chance to run an errand today, the long way round, about 35 miles. That short trip made me remember what an enjoyable bike this is to ride. We'll see. I'm tasked with this project at work this year that is going to take 1600 hours that will require long days and travel.

I've been so busy lately, and had other social events occupying my time, that I have not been able to ride and was thinking about selling the bike. I had the chance to run an errand today, the long way round, about 35 miles. That short trip made me remember what an enjoyable bike this is to ride. We'll see. I'm tasked with this project at work this year that is going to take 1600 hours that will require long days and travel.
Oh that sucks.

I couldn't put a like on that kind of news.

My buddy pointed out that the emblems on my saddlebags looked backwards, I agreed. After figuring out how the bags came off I swapped L & R emblems and..... WHOA MAN that's good for at least 20+ HP!!! Also cleaned off some white goop on the exhaust and bought some 303 for when I give it a bath.

44SeOQch.jpg

^ hooray for jobs!

It was somewhat warm today so I gave my bike it's first bath. Got familiar with all the nooks & crannies, and pre-existing dings & scratches etc. My wheels were filthy, especially the front, but this Eagle 1 Mag Wheel cleaner stuff I had on hand made them look 100% better. Not the easiest wheels to clean. Should've taken a before/after pic. I also tried getting it up on the center stand but just couldn't swing it, my technique is sound but I wrenched my back yesterday so that was making it challenging.

Weather is looking to be even better the next few days. so looking forward to a good ride.

I once told a friend that thought about giving up riding that motorcycles are tools, like hammers. You don't have to use it every day, but if you want to drive a nail having a hammer in the garage can come in mighty handy.

225 miles with my friend Steve wandering roads in South Georgia before returning to our Northeast Florida homes. 50F at dawn and 70 four hours later. This spot is where the ferry crossing integral to the 250 year old King's Road from Colerain, GA to approximately Oak Hill, FL crossed the St. Mary's River. I stop here often on day rides.

IMG_2933.jpg

Okay, so this was actually yesterday morning ...but suffice to say, here in the UK I'm so glad that flitering is legal. On my commute to work in Southampton, there's roadworks on the Redbridge Causeway. The narrowing down to one lane from two means those poor car drivers are sat for up to ninety minutes in stand still traffic, to travel just over a mile.

Not so for us motorcyclists ...I'd cleared it within thirteen minutes. That's of course boring to watch, so here's me sped up a little...

Oh, and this was two days ago (really not getting the point of this thread, am I?) ...but three hours spent washing, waxing and ACF-50 corrosion protection for the metal work was well spent, don't you think?

PXL_20230205_145850790.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back