• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather has been glorious today but a bit of fog and mist this morning and it will soon be time to stow away the ventilated gloves.
Rode over to meet a few other riders in a town a bit north of me. Got home and attached the front fender extender from Puig. The X brace on the front fender had a bit of surface rust so I sanded that down and painted it as well. The black extender goes well with the black and white theme of the bike. There was a lot of crud under that mudguard when I removed it. All cleaned out now though.
I then adjusted the clutch lever as it had excess slack and pottered about just making sure all good on the bike.

Spent the afternoon on the bike. Got rid of the excess slack on the clutch so wanted to see how it felt.
Basically buzzed around the back roads of south country Kildare for about 4 hours letting her rip on the straights. That exhaust sounds good.
20230903_155653.jpg

A belated summer after months of rain. I was melting in 22°c. Too hot for me. I probably lost a few kilos in sweat. I will make it up with some cold Irish cider. ( over here cider is alcoholic). This good weather is supposed to last all week so lots of rubber and fuel will be getting used up. The number of bikes out was good to see.

Not today, but last week, I got back on the NC after it had been set aside for the summer. I had last filled the gas tank nearly 3 months ago. My primary summer rides have been the Zero DSR and the Ruckus. Last week’s weather brought some relief from the sometimes record heat, with highs in the 70s F and lows around 50 F. So I packed the NC for a two night, 670 :) mile tent camping trip along the Mississippi River. It was good to get back on the NC, and I look forward to the fall riding season. Interestingly, the odometer reached 66666 on the ride.

003E3015-5725-459D-BCB5-7E6AEF948AF1.jpegA80DE7FC-4A50-4963-9698-6ED8AA4B6F0B.jpeg

Not today, but last week, I got back on the NC after it had been set aside for the summer. I had last filled the gas tank nearly 3 months ago. My primary summer rides have been the Zero DSR and the Ruckus. Last week’s weather brought some relief from the sometimes record heat, with highs in the 70s F and lows around 50 F. So I packed the NC for a two night, 670 :) mile tent camping trip along the Mississippi River. It was good to get back on the NC, and I look forward to the fall riding season. Interestingly, the odometer reached 66666 on the ride.

View attachment 52911View attachment 52912
I still really like the Fiesta green….
:D

Took the nc out for a 1.5 hour ride. I realized since moving to Florida 15 months ago, I hadn't had the bike over 65mph. Got to the interstate, jumped on it for 10 miles and rode at 78-80mph, still smooth and easy. Rode back home cause 95'f in full atgatt was getting a little warm....

I rode from Chattanooga to Gulf Shores over the holiday weekend for a few days. It was my first long trip on the NC.

The stock seat becomes a torture rack after about 200 miles IMO. It's not as bad as the OEM seat on the R1200GS I owned, but not much better. I didn't have a problem with sliding forward though. I'm looking at the Sargent and Seat Concepts options. I replaced the OEM seat with a Sargent on the GS I owned for some improvement after a painful trip to the Black Hills. I replaced the OEM seat on my RE Himalayan with a Seat Concepts. It's also an improvement, but not perfect either. Neither is as all day comfortable as the OEM on the Aprilia Futura I owned for 16 years.

The NC averaged approximately 56 mpg with the Shad SH35 panniers installed at 75-80 mph. I like the panniers.

The PO had installed the Puig Touring windscreen and Puig clip on visor. It provides a small bubble of turbulence free air with no buffeting.

I removed the Rox Risers prior to the trip, and found the bar position comfortable for touring with a very slight forward lean. Atlas throttle lock was a worthwhile mod.

The OEM tires now have approximately 2,800 miles on them. The front tire makes a low howling noise when leaned over in a curve, and the rear won't last very long.

Overall, I think I found a good touring machine once I get a good seat and some better tires on it.

Spent the afternoon on the bike. Got rid of the excess slack on the clutch so wanted to see how it felt.
Basically buzzed around the back roads of south country Kildare for about 4 hours letting her rip on the straights. That exhaust sounds good.
View attachment 52910

A belated summer after months of rain. I was melting in 22°c. Too hot for me. I probably lost a few kilos in sweat. I will make it up with some cold Irish cider. ( over here cider is alcoholic). This good weather is supposed to last all week so lots of rubber and fuel will be getting used up. The number of bikes out was good to see.

We hired a 2018 NC750S with top case and panniers from Tim at FlyRideIreland in Moira back in early June. It was a great bike for our trip to the Isle of Man TT. We only had a day to tour the Antrim coast from Belfast to Portrush and back to Belfast via Ballymoney. We liked the 750S so much that I bought my 2020 NC750X after we returned to the States. If the NC750S was available in the US, we would have had a choice to make.

The weather was fantastic for the entire trip. Sunny with high temps of 17-20. The weather was the talk everywhere we went. Apparently it was unusual. With normal high temps of 28-32 here in July and August, the high teens an 20 were a welcome change and very pleasant. The longer days were nice too.

We hired a 2018 NC750S with top case and panniers from Tim at FlyRideIreland in Moira back in early June. It was a great bike for our trip to the Isle of Man TT. We only had a day to tour the Antrim coast from Belfast to Portrush and back to Belfast via Ballymoney. We liked the 750S so much that I bought my 2020 NC750X after we returned to the States. If the NC750S was available in the US, we would have had a choice to make.

The weather was fantastic for the entire trip. Sunny with high temps of 17-20. The weather was the talk everywhere we went. Apparently it was unusual. With normal high temps of 28-32 here in July and August, the high teens an 20 were a welcome change and very pleasant. The longer days were nice too.
You were very lucky. Weather in July and August in the UK and Ireland was lousy. It's picked up a bit now at last.

Day 226 a 55-miler mid morning @ 69 degrees and cloudy. Cooler than I like lol. It's September, think I'm going to take off the cut down summer shield and put my tall fall/winter windshield back on.

Last edited:
Day 226 a 5-miler mid morning @ 69 degrees and cloudy. Cooler than I like lol. It's September, think I'm going to take off the cut down summer shield and put my tall fall/winter windshield back on.
Oooh, 60s F and cloudy is my favorite riding weather! When it’s like that I get on the bike and just feel like riding all day.

42-mile early morning ride (grandkids have baseball games at Noon and 2:30) @ 66 degrees and cloudy

Glad I put the Givi touring shield on yesterday lol

110km trip through the Slieve Bloom mountains to camp in Lorrha Tipperary. The campsite is behind a pub so food and drink available.
Lorrha is an ancient ecclesiastical village with ruins of a Priory, a monastery, castle and Motte and Bailey amongst others.
The Sat Nav took me down roads with grass up the middle, more patched and gravel than tarmac. Encounters with oncoming tractors on blind bends, cows and overall heat hitting 30 degrees made it all interesting.
Tent is up, I'm changed and a pub beckons.

20230909_114632.jpg20230909_095902.jpg20230909_114638.jpg20230909_145941.jpg20230909_141722.jpg

54 mile morning ride with Mrs Ferret on her Xmax. 84 degrees. Started out dry, but we eventually ended up in a light rain (there was only a 10% chance of rain according to app on phone). Her first-time piloting her own bike in the rain. She didn't like getting her scooter dirty lol.
So the big question…are you going to wash it?

I left at dawn to meet up for breakfast with my club in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The weather forecasted rain so I wore my rain gear on the way there. I did not get rained on but the roads were pretty wet and there was lots of debris on the roads. The post breakfast group ride was canceled because of possible thunderstorms. I headed out on my own and made a big clockwise loop and ended up riding north along River Road paralleling the east bank of the Susquehanna River. At Peaqua I turned eastward and made a zig zag pattern home to dodge the more populated areas. I stopped for ice cream at the dairy 2 miles from home. Tomorrow I'll wash the bike, clean/lube the chain, and check the chain tension. I never did get rained on during the ride and the thunderstorms didn't arrive until a few hours after the bike was safely put away. I saw the odometer roll past 22,000 miles. Total miles for the day was 182.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back