2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Rapturee

Reaction score
Visit site
A few weeks ago I ordered some new Kappa 40L luggage from Italy and a new luggage rack system from mMoto in Ukraine. While the new luggage rack system is still waiting to clear customs in Kiev Ukraine, the new Kappa 40L luggage boxes arrived today as well as the new front fender extender. :{)

DCT new Kappa 40L bags.jpg

CapeMan

Reaction score
Visit site
The local foliage’s fall colors are, umm, unimpressive at best but there’s a possibility of some spectacular aspen leaves further north. I’m off to do a little leaf peeping.

So once again over the Mingus Mountains and across the Verde River valley to Sedona, then up the remarkable twisting road through Oak Creek Canyon to Flagstaff. I had had some hopes that the leaves would be worth a look in Oak Creek Canyon but they were pretty blah too. The red rocks there, however, are still as amazing as ever.

OakCrkCnyn.jpg

I had planned to do a counterclockwise loop around the San Francisco Peaks and Mt. Humphreys north of Flagstaff with an optional side trip to higher altitude to Lockett Meadow, where the aspens are much thicker. But when I turned off onto the Forest Service road that branched off to Lockett Meadow, I could see from the long trails of dust up the mountain side that a lot of other folks were thinking the same. So, rather than fight the dust and crowds, I decided to stick to lower elevations but still managed to find some nice color.

Aspen+bike.jpg

The Forest Service gravel roads were, for the most part, in good condition except for being fairly heavily wash-boarded for long stretches, enough that I had to stand a lot to have a tolerable ride. And I say “for the most part” because of one fairly steep uphill section, about a quarter mile or so, which was heavily rutted and rocky with an overlay of about 3 inches of super fine “bull dust”. I didn’t know it was gonna be a problem until I was in it. But, once into something like this, I think it best to maintain momentum and keep moving so I did. The NC’s traction control, even set at 1 bar as I usually do when riding gravel, didn’t help. Up I went, bouncing from rut to rut, dust flying everywhere, the engine randomly cutting in and out thanks to the traction control … and I was too busy keeping things moving to try to cancel it.

A bit challenging but still a very nice back-country gravel road.

Lane.jpg

Then west on Interstate 40 for 20 miles or so to Williams, then back roads and local highways to the house and close the big loop.

Ride summary: 240 odd miles ( 35 gravel); elevation range 3300 ft to 8500 ft; temperature range 66*F to 87*F, clear skies

Bcsmith

Reaction score
Visit site
So went to meet the gang for our Wednesday ride but no one showed up with their bikes. They all fancy harleys and such and they didn’t want to get them dirty. I’m thinking to my self that motorcycles are made to ride but I didn’t say a word. Stayed for a quick bite AD2A9C34-2F27-4BCC-9D12-F48ACEF7A298.jpeg to eat and then headed out on my own. So some rain some mud some wind what a great ride. I love riding in all the elements. I dress for the ride at hand that day and enjoy it for what it is. When I got back I let the bike cool for a little while then pulled out the pressure washer and blasted it off hit the chain with some chain oil and pulled into the garage. Ready for my next adventure.

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So many "farkles" added to bikes are really for looks, but this is actually a practical AND good looking tank gripper.
Agreed. The sparkle part of farkle refers to the items added for looks. The F in farkle comes from function. The tank pads seem to have looks and function, hence it’s a good farkle.

Farkle can also be said to mean: Fancy Accessory, Really Kool, Likely Expensive.

Penguinsfan82

Reaction score
Visit site
So many "farkles" added to bikes are really for looks, but this is actually a practical AND good looking tank gripper.

Honestly they are going to take some getting used to. I like the grip when cornering and braking, but they also produce friction when shifting. Didn't realize I was squeezing the frunk so much with my leg when shifting. Overall, huge improvement for minimal investment.

kpinvt

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday I went on a 170 mile round trip to Mount Holly, VT to attend a sale of property that belonged to a friend in my BMW club. He was killed several months ago when he was hit head on by a distracted driver who had drifted into his lane. I did my best to empty my wallet, I even bought his old bicycle that I now have to figure out how to get home.

Rapturee

Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday all i did was look at the ole' girl through the back slider, at 22f and lots of windchill...
morning winter wonderland Oct 2020.JPG

today, it was much the same with 14f and light breezes... :{P
morning winter wonderland2 Oct 2020.JPG