• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I love that!
I think Mr. Barber has an odd sense of humor. He's the guy that owns or owned Barber Dairies/Ice Cream. Loaded with money obviously, because he owns Barber Motorsports Park and the museum on the property is the world's largest motorcycle museum. Anyways, he has all sorts of large creatures made out of metal all over the property, spiders, dragon flies, and other bugs. I guess it was only fitting to hang a female dummy from under the bridge when it was built in recent years. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I did nothing special with my NC which is in its hibernation state in my shed. This guy was caught with an early snowfall. Pic in the newspaper taken yesterday in Quebec city.

View attachment 39377

I hope he's got his winter tires on!
(I know, it's about 2 weeks before winter tires become mandatory in QC)

Made the 129 Photos event highlights on Facebook again after this weekend. Haha man that riding position is so funny looking, but gets the job done! Lol

82aed957c7a3914f159a66deaa004b28.jpg

Happy New Year to all! This morning, I woke up and rode to a local beach to photograph the sunrise.
I learned a valuable lesson in the process too; don't ride your bike onto deep, loose pebble beaches - took me ages to get the bike back onto the road again!
Always bring a coffee for a cold morning; stopped in the countryside on my way home to enjoy the quiet. Here's hoping 2019 is a good year!

Nice looking bike. Where did you get those hand guards? Looking for something that does not require removing the bar end weights.

Inpreda Crash Bars

Has anyone tried the Inpreda Crash Bars? $300 with free shipping on Amazon and I'm thinking about ordering them. I searched the forum and to my surprise I did find a single post.

"Inpreda Crash Bar Engine Guard Frame Protector Compatible with Honda NC750 X NC750X (2012-2019)"

Inpreda Crash Bar Engine Guard Frame Protector $300 Amazon.jpg

Put on the R-Gaza crash bars / engine guards today. Only took 2.5 weeks to get them here direct from manufacturer. ....

Thanks so for the post and pictures, I just ordered them on ebay. I was hesitant to order internationally but the only other crash bar / engine guard that came close was the Mutazu but this adds the horizontal bar and the Inpreda is more stylish and only $100 more on Amazon than the Gaza (Gaza is $200 with shipping & tax 11/2019)... but the Gaza sticks out more to provide more protection. Good to know they fit without having to cut or bend anything (hopefully)!

Last edited:
Nice looking bike. Where did you get those hand guards? Looking for something that does not require removing the bar end weights.
They're good for wind deflection but not in any way going to protect anything in a crash. Got them from Amazon:

Motorcycle Handlebar Windshield... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HFQBW55

...but combined with heated grips are keeping my hands with feeling in these more wintery months!

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Well coolant change was not fun. And pretty sure not all of it came out. Removed radiator cap, removed coolant drain bolt, let it drain. Didn't look like near enough so I removed the lower hose from the radiator on the left side, good amount came out there (and made a mess). Removed overflow reservoir and dumped it. All that added up to what looked like a good amount. Put hose back on bottom of radiator, poured one 16 oz water bottle in the radiator (lazy flush), some ran out drain hole, the rest was in lower left hose so I removed it again and drained that. Swished some water around the reservoir and poured it out. Reinstalled reservoir, drain bolt, and lower radiator hose, then began to fill it with the new coolant. Took a while, squeezing the lower hose to try to squeeze out air bubbles and work the coolant in. Got it as full as I could get it after letting it settle several times and burp air bubbles.

Still have, in my opinion, too much coolant left in the jug, as in either I don't think I was able to get enough into the system or there was still some residual antifreeze in there that I could not drain.

I crunk it, let it run for a good 15-20 minutes, enough to let it heat up, checked all hoses, eventually they all got warm so coolant was circulating, eventually the fans kicked on for just a minute then back off. Seems to be working like normal. But I'm gonna wait and check coolant level again when it's totally cooled back down. None made it to the reservoir at all while it was running, so that worries me and is a sign that not enough coolant is in the system.

To be continued. I hate messing with coolant systems.

Thats a 64 oz jug and I think total coolant capacity should be around 58 oz, so it's way off.

39e3708bf256843a13e60a0414a1c416.jpg

When I removed the lower radiator hose, this came out of the radiator. Looks like paint from inside the lower flange/neck of the radiator.

195d3b548fc42947dd94ac37457da939.jpg

6821dca4cb5e45d1f2769a26c081cd2a.jpg

02b6c0d5119d468089b67b3b071d04da.jpg

Also perfect shop weather! First time firing up the propane heater in the new shop. Man, how different it is having an insulated shop now. My last one was not insulated. This little heater warms this shop up great and it actually retains the heat.

35152670ee49be56504336528aa81a81.jpg

686ba31b966f7c9849382a4e7349869c.jpg

5am, bedtime....let it cool off, checked again, added some more, but still not as much as I expected. Let it warm up again and it finally filled the reservoir to the right level. I think it's good now, but I'm gonna check it again tomorrow (today, whatever) to be sure.

5am, bedtime....let it cool off, checked again, added some more, but still not as much as I expected. Let it warm up again and it finally filled the reservoir to the right level. I think it's good now, but I'm gonna check it again tomorrow (today, whatever) to be sure.

While I have to admit that my knowledge of motorcycles is severely lacking, I do know a little more about vehicles in general (I do mean 'a little more'). I can say with confidence though that getting all of the coolant out of a cooling system is difficult. While tools are made that will get most of it, It has been my belief that they are unnecessary. The primary reason to flush the cooling system is to get the gunk out of the radiator. The radiator has smaller passages than the rest of the system and stuff is more likely to get stuck there. Flushing just the radiator is often sufficient (again, only my own opinion). Going above and beyond can't hurt and probably does have some benefit but I don't think that you have too much to worry about as long as you don't change the coolant type so drastically that it reacts poorly with what was in there. It looks like you are using a different coolant than the Honda stuff but I do assume that you checked the compatibility first anyway.

I have a pickup with 200k on the clock and an engine that is as tight as new. I have never bought one of those evacuators for a flush. However, I do simply change the radiator every 2 years or 40,000 miles (whichever comes last :p). But those radiators are about a fifth of the price of the NC700X radiator. So take what I say with the proverbial grain of gunk in the cooling system.

When I changed my coolant, I recall some paint being in there. It was loose but still attached so I peeled it off. Shouldn't have to do that.

I believe there's the main coolant drain and an allen screw at the base of the cylinder. Remove both, flush with water, then fill.

I fill the overflow and leave the radiator cap off when I start the engine. Once the thermostat opens, an air pocket typically passes, I top off the radiator and cap it. Usually have to add a little more to the overflow after it cools but not much.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Keep in mind I am doing this to swap to a track approved propylene glycol coolant as opposed to the standard ethyl glycol coolant. Traditional green ethyl glycol coolant is only allowed in Novice groups. Intermediate and Advanced groups must run track approved coolants, and I will be riding in Intermediate group tomorrow on the NC, so I had to swap it. Ethyl glycol coolant is difficult to clean up off the track, which is why they don't allow it in faster groups, as the risk of crashes is higher.

Anyways, I'm about to go back out and check it and see what the radiator and reservoir level is.

Last edited:
And also I could see the silicates glistening in this coolant, so I will only be running it for a short while, then draining and doing valve adjustment this winter, as I still haven't had time to get to that. Then I will put Engine Ice in it, as I believe it is silicate free. I was definitely wrong on the coolant choice. I'll admit that. Didn't realize the silicates would be sized to where you could visibly see them in the coolant.

Don't crash, it's not worth the effort to replace your coolant :)

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
You got that right! Hope I don't! My Ducati buddy is going with me for his first track day in well over 10 years and is taking his Panigale 1199. We're both riding in Intermediate. It's going to be a fun day! He's an ex WERA expert licensed racer, so there'll be no keeping up with him and his 200hp superbike. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back