• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube_share;gF7Tr_E5jRU]https://youtu.be/gF7Tr_E5jRU[/video]
This 40-second video shows three items I just added to my 2016 Honda NC700XD: 1) a second Fiamm horn, 2) a headlight modulator and 3) a radiator guard.

Two years ago I replaced the stock horn with (a relay and) a single, low-tone Fiamm horn. This second one is the high-tone, and together they sound great. I had a Signal Dynamics headlight modulator on my previous motorcycles (Honda GL1800, Yamaha FJR1300 and Honda ST1100), and now I finally have one on my NC. (Optic sensor ensures daytime-only operation, which can be turned off by rocking high/low-beam switch.) Radiator guard is from AltRider.

Weather was great yesterday. After work I rode to a local micro-brewery to meet up with ‘the guys’ to discuss this summer’s motorcycle trip. Trying to nail down who’s in and who’s out, base camping or move camp each day, looked at maps, etc. All in all a great evening.

JT

Rode the bike into work yesterday (pouring rain this morning and I need a new rear tire) and I took the long way home (50 minute one way commute turned into almost a 2 hour commute :)). Crossed the Ohio River at New Albany, then rode thru the Floyd Knobs in southern Indiana..felt great, views were gorgeous; had to get the rust off in the twisties :)

Replaced the front disk pads after checking my records (20,000 miles since the last replacement). Brake level was feeling stiff. Took 15 minutes to do the job, max. Old pads were still good but replaced them anyways. Stiffness was caused by cylinders being all gunked up.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

We took a ~120 mile over and up part of the Sacramento river for eats and then back.
I reduced the butterfly population, who decided the weather was just right for flying across ALL the roads.
My windshield, hand guards, and parts of the body work looked like I had hit a mustard truck. :cool:

I got 1000 miles in since the shop kept me down for 2 weeks. So today I drained the 'yammalube' oil the shop put in against my wishes and put in the Honda oil (and filter). I also installed my new Givi crash bars. They went on fairly easy. The toughest part was the upper rear bolt on the right side. There are a few things in the way and after pulling the clutch cable loose I was trying to hold the bushing, the bolt and a flashlight and that proved to be very difficult. But once I got that worked out I was able to put on the new horn (FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Low Note Horn). Many thanks to Canada369 for telling me that it could be a direct fit. It was. It mounted on the stock bracket and plugged into the stock wires, no relay and no blown fuses!

Many thanks to Canada369 for telling me that it could be a direct fit. It was.

My pleasure! I was just adding to the knowledge base founded by others. Thanks, everyone.

Speaking of benefiting from the community (and with thanks to riding buddy Dan for importing the lenses), I changed my turn signal bulbs and lenses tonight.

Before:
8ce107e7078f3c338c79dd488ecb3064.jpg

Before (top) / After (bottom):
f351702a58622bf2292dc740b611456e.jpg

Before (left) / After (right):
8dbf35201e602a1c818b362bfd4ecd4e.jpg

Before (left) / After (right):
210f933cb1cff23c1bbb4d81027de82c.jpg

Before (left) / After (right) Still safe!:
813163c9b61f442a71ccf0594e502f3a.jpg

After:
28458037c224e4183e74e4cf8941dcb5.jpg

Before changing the lenses, I went for a ride to keep the NC Tag game going (see that thread if there's a lighthouse within reach!).

I went for a great ride yesterday. I headed west on HWY2, started in Spokane Wa, hit Reardan, Davenport, Coulee City, and then Wenatchee to for lunch!! It was such a beautiful route that i took the same route back home to Idaho! Round trip was 375 miles, i netted a trip average of 74.1mpg with some crazy winds, it was a beautifully sunny/cloudy day and a great ride. :{)

neat ww2 monument honoring several names on a plaque
wenatchee ride ww2 monument2 along hwy2.jpg

passed a heard of Elk on the way home
wenatchee ride ELK herd at mm241.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a tire changer that I had to assemble and bolt down but afterwords I was able to change my tires (was PR4's now Shinko 705's) I haven't even gotten a chance to ride it yet, also I installed beads instead of "ride on slime" this time

I bought a tire changer that I had to assemble and bolt down but afterwords I was able to change my tires (was PR4's now Shinko 705's) I haven't even gotten a chance to ride it yet, also I installed beads instead of "ride on slime" this time

What tire changer did you buy?

Last edited:
Ordered a new rear tire - Michelin Pilot Road 5 (will be matching the front I put on back in February). I didnt expect to wear it down as quick as I did, but there we go. Hopefully getting it mounted this week - depending on when it gets here.

I'll be hitting 50k miles on my way to work tomorrow. Right now, I'm trying to figure out what I want to do to the bike next. I've pretty done all the farkles I've wanted to do.

My eldest son invited me out for a ride this afternoon. We rode over to Medical Lake Washington and visited the Washington Veterans Memorial. My son is a combat vet and lost some buddies over in the sandbox, and one of them was buried here. Beautiful sunny afternoon, great ride out there and back, time spent with son...priceless. :{)

Our first ride this year...
Vets memorial cemetary medical lk wa3.JPG

the State of Washington Veterans Memorial, Medical Lake Wa.
Vets memorial cemetary medical lk wa2.jpg

Vets memorial cemetary medical lk wa.jpg

So, in order to finish off the rear, rode into work today and will tomorrow. I ordered that tire from CG yesterday, it had free shipping, and is "out for delivery" right now. I could not have picked it up any faster. So, Saturday, I'll take it over and get it mounted after the inspector comes to check my HVAC and Water Heater (all need to be replaced...)

Ahahahahahahaaaa!!! My new RDL seat arrived today and of course i installed it right away when i got home and of course took it out for a little test ride. Although we are expecting 7 days of miserable wind/rain, the next nice day we have i'm headed out for a long ride and put this "Day LOng" seat to the test!! haha :{)

First impressions, I think i am going to like it. It is shaped differently, hugs and forms to your bum nicely, some difficulty putting my feet down at first as i am not used to that type of seat design.

Short ride impressions, very comfortable using the stock pegs, even more comfortable using the the highway pegs, i like it. :{)

new RDL seat is on 04022019.jpg

Went on a mild shopping spree last night.
LED turn signals with brake and running lights built in
New relay that should keep them from flashing like the girls at Madi gras.

"Adventure" style mirrors that use the ram mount system.

Puig touring windscreen, had one before but it broke one day when my bike fell over.

New wiring for my heated gear, plug was going bad, went with an SAE setup this time.

Spark plugs...50k miles, probably time for some new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back