• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen a chainsaw that clean, except first time out of the box.

Mount it on the front fender and you’ve got a real adventure bike.
It is brand new. my buddy from work has lots of tools, he hardly uses any of them.
He's got a nice Harley he doesn't ride as well, nice guy who makes odd choices

I just finished a really nice ride today. I covered 295 miles of Idaho and Montana! I averaged 81.3 mpg. Beautiful scenery, great ride and due to a chill i stopped at a yard sale and grabbed a decent zip up sweatshirt for $1.00, now that made the ride so much better.

passing a local library as im headed out of town, nice "Yard Art".
NC700 at the hayden library art structures June 2nd 2018.jpg

Idaho-Montana state line on I-90
NC700 at the montana border3.jpg

M&M's Espresso and Ice Cream Stand in Haugan Mt.
NC700 at the M+M stand in Haugan2.jpg

50k Silver Dollar Restaurant & Gift shop(i think they are up to about 75k now, you can walk around and count all of them if you'd like!). Great place for gas/snacks/gifts
NC700 at the 50k silver dollar2.jpg

the O-Aces Restaurant in DeBoria Mt is "the" place to eat of your on the westend of Mt. Don't let the outside fool you, they serve 5-star dinners there! A real Gem in the middle of No-Where! :{)
NC700 at the O-Aces in DeBrogia2.jpg

Headed home :{)
NC700 at the Idaho Montana border2.jpg

I wasn't riding riding at all when I found myself and my wife sharing a very short ferry ride from Plattsburgh, NY to Gordon's Landing in VT yesterday with a woman motorcycle rider by the name of Emily on a 2009 Suzuki Gladius. She said her parents own the Motorcycle Mojo motorcycle magazine in Canada. I spent most of the short voyage singing the praises of the NC with which she seemed to agree.

Motorcycle Exploration - Expand Your Horizons - Motorcycle Mojo

Great ride cut short but still fun

I planned a great 5-6 hour ride in the North Carolina mountains starting early to avoid the muggy afternoon heat. Nicki's tank was nearly full but after 30 minutes I decided to top it off before I got deep into the mountains. That's when I realized I'd forgotten my wallet and my plans changed. (Tip - Put a little cash at the bottom of the frunk for these situations.)

I had enough for a couple hours ride before I had to be home. Fortunately, I was at the intersection of 11 and 178 in South Carolina so I headed North.
Screenshot Hwy 178.jpg

Had a blast on the twisties on SC 178 while listening to The Rippingtons, Tourist in Paradise.
Nicki on Hwy 178 curves.jpg

On the way home, I stopped for a pic featuring Nicki's nickname, The Pickle.
The Pickle.jpg

Friend of mine and I went yesterday for a short ride and RTE(L). Beautiful weather, hitting couple State parks we never visited before, met another guy and then we had additional RTE - RTE(D) - dinner :)
Get back home after 220 miles a bit after 10PM. We had a lot of fun...

Rode about 150 miles yesterday. Got my best mileage for a tank so far at 70.7mpg. Really liking the frunk. Sure is nice to be able to run errands without worrying about bungee cords.
About 850 miles on the bike so far and loving it.

Kpinv------------ Emily wrote a nice article and mentioned talking with the owner of "the only other bike".....? Was that you guys? :{)

I tried several times to calculate my millage and never got more that 62-63 mpg.
:(

afan, you might want to go to ecomodder dot com and check out their thread called "100 hypermiling tips" and their other one called "65+ efficiency tips". It has sure helped me with everything i drive and now with my NC700! I have learned a lot from their tips and tricks to get better mileage and to keep track of it all while you're enjoying the ride! :{)

A couple of updates, one yesterday the other a week ago.
Yesterday: installed 30mm bar risers. I only took a short ride afterwards but I think I am going to like it. They were $21 dollar amazon straight risers. I wish they had bolts rather than cap screws, but they function just fine. The risers are a little smaller than the bases it's not hideous.

All cables, wires and hoses fit just fine. I had to slide some slack around here and there, the brake hose was the hardest to slide but we got there.

And I replaced the chain and sprockets, nothing super exciting but the chain was done as ~12k, sprockets were fine. I'm not sure the previous owner took very good care of the chain.

Attachments

• HB_Riser.jpg
    HB_Riser.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 176
I planned a great 5-6 hour ride in the North Carolina mountains starting early to avoid the muggy afternoon heat. Nicki's tank was nearly full but after 30 minutes I decided to top it off before I got deep into the mountains. That's when I realized I'd forgotten my wallet and my plans changed. (Tip - Put a little cash at the bottom of the frunk for these situations.)

That's a good idea. In a similar vein I managed to be w/out my wallet one too many times, then I was in an Adv Auto store and as I was checking out saw them selling these little pill-type capsules made from aluminium. When you pop the cap off it has a thin clip attached to it that when you fold a bill the right way it will slide into it and then you 'wind' it up. When you're done it fits back in the the other part of the capsule and the whole thing attaches to a key chain or zipper puller etc. About an inch long and about as round as the average little finger! I put a $20 in there and have had to use/replace it a couple of times, usually when I change riding jacket and forgetting to move my wallet! Looks completely innocuous but has saved me! Even has an O-ring to make it weather 'resistant'. You could also attach it to the bungee cord in front of the battery cover.

I rode to a baseball game in Joplin yesterday, college summer league.
Today I washed bugs off of it.
I took the Madstad wind deflectors off and had thought of taking the windshield off, but thinking about all those bugs plastered on me gives me second thoughts.

I rode to a baseball game in Joplin yesterday, college summer league.
Today I washed bugs off of it.
I took the Madstad wind deflectors off and had thought of taking the windshield off, but thinking about all those bugs plastered on me gives me second thoughts.
Yep I hate the way mine looks, and thought I would never like one, But wow, no bugs and keep the wind off. I'm keeping mine on!

Just got done riding my NC to Minnesota from Colorado 911 miles in a little over 13 hours. Friday morning I'm heading back home.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back