• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At almost 43k miles I just lubed my clutch cable for the first time, huge improvement like oiling your chain for the first time big. Duh noob lol

Just curious - do you pour lube from the top down or just remove the whole thing, lube it, then insert it back in? (could be a noob question too, never even thought one could lube their clutch cable, but it makes sense :D )

I installed the bikemaster forward pegs on the SW motech crash bars. It took some sweat, as they are an inch and the bars are 2.6 cm. I put two coats of black paint on all the shiny parts.

Went for a ride. I like them! They are a little higher and more forward than I wanted, but they are as far back and as low as I can get them.

A weird side effect is that I missed the rear brake a few times after using them. I guess the footpegs are further out and it changed my feel for where the brake is.

Who uses the rear brake anyway? ;)

Just curious - do you pour lube from the top down or just remove the whole thing, lube it, then insert it back in? (could be a noob question too, never even thought one could lube their clutch cable, but it makes sense :D )

I basically do this and grease the lever pivot while I have it apart. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4n_aZ-X-E

Installed my MadStat wind screen yesterda. Only had to call them one time. :D (Pics to follow as I add more stuff.)

Got a note this morning, my Honda OEM panniers are on the way, should see them today.

Still need heated grips, I'll go with the sticky pads available from Rider Warehouse and other places. Also, gotta order the BarkBuster hand guards as I had on my ST1100. The old set took a real beating in Phoenix on April 1. (I'll look again, they may be reusable.)

I'll just leave this here: My next two rides will be on my 83 'Wing as both are Vintage Events. Doing Gentlemen's Ride in Evansville, IN this Sunday, 10-2, and then Barber Vintage Days the following week. I'm volunteering there, will be assisting at Ace Cafe corner, gonna be fun. :D

Installed my MadStat wind screen yesterda. Only had to call them one time. :D (Pics to follow as I add more stuff.)

Got a note this morning, my Honda OEM panniers are on the way, should see them today.

Still need heated grips, I'll go with the sticky pads available from Rider Warehouse and other places. Also, gotta order the BarkBuster hand guards as I had on my ST1100. The old set took a real beating in Phoenix on April 1. (I'll look again, they may be reusable.)

I'll just leave this here: My next two rides will be on my 83 'Wing as both are Vintage Events. Doing Gentlemen's Ride in Evansville, IN this Sunday, 10-2, and then Barber Vintage Days the following week. I'm volunteering there, will be assisting at Ace Cafe corner, gonna be fun. :D

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/735-symtech-heated-grips.html?highlight=heated+grips

I had the dealer install the factory heated grips the last time I was there. They install nicely and look great.

Today I rode to Will Rogers Downs in Claremore, Oklahoma to watch some quarter horse racing. I took all back roads, so it was about 180 miles. I met a lady from Missouri (Connie Young) who was racing her horse for the first time, so I bet on her horse. I am not much of a gambler, but at a live horse race it is fun to bet two dollars.

I stopped at the old Pryor Creek bridge near Chelsea and met a nice French Canadian lady named Alexandra who is driving Route 66. I did take a picture of the NC on the bridge, which I will try to post from my phone. Here is a write up from a bridge lover.
Bridgehunter.com | Pryor Creek Bridge

I also stopped at Ed Galloway's totem pole park, an amazing sight on a back road.
https://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/route66/galloways_totem_pole_park_foyil.html

Also found a section of twisties I don't think I had been on before, Oklahoma highway 20-82 from Salina to Spavinaw. Very nice, and really above my riding skill level to do fast.

It was a fun day.

c69dc874611bb3a86ea4b85a69e72e92.png

Watched some worms crawl all over my rear tire. I hope they turn into beautiful butterflies.

Another 220-mile day through Glacier and the Blackfoot Reservation

New riding compadres Frank and Kate from the Czech Republic. On this trip they've already been though Europe, Asia, and the west coast of the US to north Alaska, and back down through Canada to Glacier NP. Now they are heading to Mexico, Central and South America to Tierra del Fuego. Lovely people who know the Mitas E-07 is the best tire for this (that front E-07 has 30,000K on it and still has some decent tread depth, and even wear)! ...They weren't too keen on their current rear Continental TKC 70 they had to buy due to no Mitas in Alaska, it already looks like it's about done for.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/30000128406/in/album-72157671403283132/

30000128406_d3cb9c3ee3_h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a YouTube video of someone completely submerging a fan that looks exactly the same in a glass of water repeatedly, and it kept working just fine. Hopefully the same one

Left work Thursday and rode 250 miles to Laurinburg, NC. Then another 320 yesterday to Virginia Beach (100 of that in hard rain so NC had a good bath.). Today and tomorrow will be at the Military Aviation museum watching my son fly in this air show. Get to spend time with granddaughter too.

Screenshot (2).jpg

Got my service manual on Wednesday from these folks: ******** Good price, great service, packaged to withstand a nuclear blast. Full factory service manual just like the dealers get. Now all I gotta do is read it.

Also unpacked my OEM panniers. Sorry to say, the packages did not contain the bag with locks and emblems. Ongoing discussion with the vendor. :(

I'm taking the 83 'Wing to DGR-Evansville tomorrow, then leaving on it Wednesday for Barber Vintage Days. That gives the vendor a few days to sort out this problem and get me the parts before I depart mid-October for an extended NiCe trip. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday I will follow James River west, then north to Winchester, VA.

Route similar to this one except hwy10 south of river to Richmond. Probably won't have time for Shenandoah parkway.
View attachment 16896

Wednesday I will start south for H.U. meeting. I'll arrive at Iron Horse on Thursday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back