• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completing my previous post, mounted my MadStad windshield and went for a quick trip downtown Vancouver to see the "laughing statue" which had gotten fitted 3d-scanned Jeans from my stepson's friend's startup Mago3D (for the note, too bad they don't make fitted Jeans for bikers...)

IMG_0382.jpg
IMG_0383.jpg
IMG_0386.jpg

I rode Mr. Red Bug to a 7 a.m. breakfast meeting and then high tailed it to meet up with a group to ride The Dragon and The Cherohala Skyway today. Approx. 196 miles worth of fun. And still have a half tank of gas.

This is new experience for me (I'm sure it's nothing new for most of you). Went grocery shopping on my NC, and managed to pack all this inside the luggage compartments:

Stuff.jpg

I love my NC.

Last edited:
Got out for a few hours yesterday to check out the Aspens. Did not have enough time to get far enough north or high enough in elevation to see the really good stuff, but it was a nice day nonetheless. you can see a nice stand up high on the hillside in the background.
File_000.jpg

Last edited:
I had a very productive day..
I put on new sprockets and Xring chain,replaced both front and rear brake pads,changed the oil and filter,painted the skid plate and crash bars.I also removed the GIVI pannier rack and top rack and my aluminum panniers.
Now the NC is ready to be traded in.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

I put on new sprockets and Xring chain,replaced both front and rear brake pads,changed the oil and filter,painted the skid plate and crash bars.I also removed the GIVI pannier rack and top rack and my aluminum panniers.

That's a good days work right there

What are you trading your NC7 for?

What are you trading your NC7 for?

Well I'm not totally sure yet.
Originally I was going to buy a KTM690 but got scared off with all the maintenance issues.
Then it was a KLR witch it might still might be but I'm not sure I want to give up 15-20 mpg..
I'm also considering a G650GS,great mpg,FI,bulletproof motor but I don't like the 19" front wheel and not sure about parts costs.

Originally I was going to buy a KTM690 but got scared off with all the maintenance issues.
Then it was a KLR witch it might still might be but I'm not sure I want to give up 15-20 mpg..
I'm also considering a G650GS,great mpg,FI,bulletproof motor but I don't like the 19" front wheel and not sure about parts costs.

Have you thought about a AT? Same 19" problem but maintenance and parts price are better.

Dude in my riding circle has G650GS with 66k+ on it and has never had a problem. He loves it.

The Big Money Works (BMW) G650GS motorcycle has been around for some time now. But, like you I also like the 21" front tire for the dirt.

The Big Money Works (BMW) G650GS motorcycle has been around for some time now. But, like you I also like the 21" front tire for the dirt.
Just got back yesterday from taking my AT out in the dirt near Yosemite. It performed great. It's capable of much more than my skills are able to get out of it. Had a great time. Didn't even drop the bike once.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Saturday, rode up into Southern Indiana with a few people and rode around a bit. Then, Sunday I got up, actually put soap and water on the dirty bits (of the bike) and washed her up a bit. After that, went on the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride and put on a few more miles. It is nice to have a clean bike now and again. it also allowed me to do a final tweak on the chain so I am ready for the trip next week. This week, packing the bags.

one of the better and least glamorous choices for ADV machine if it is actually going to see much off-pavement and off-road is probably the Suzuki DR650 platform, with a few aftermarket refinements like suspension and windscreen for starters. especially if you aren't 6'5"

; }

track day bro!

FytOX3E.jpg

I bought some inexpensive ($20) forward pegs and painted the chrome parts black. After a second coat I will see how they work. I tried some that used a U bracket unsuccessfully. Bikemaster 171300.

I also put a $45 tail box on the SW Motech alurack. It is a little larger than I wanted, but it does hold both of my Shoei Neotecs. It is Chinese, does not seem to have a brand name.

Pictures later.

I also had a strange encounter with someone claiming to be a police officer. I will write more when the sun goes down and I am done outside. .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back