• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
out again this time a little further north west to alston a little town incumbria.
the road to it is a little wild and higher up and nippy to.
it was warmer but as we got higher we started to feel the cold but not uncomfortable.

DSC03443.jpgDSC03444.jpgDSC03445.jpg

a9d9ff9e3c64c108aa07ad3a7ee3193c.jpg
I like those on/off switches, are they waterproof, you got a link?

Ray

I rode up Route 66 to Joplin, Missouri to buy some longer mirrors for my drz and some forward pegs for my nc700.
I am going back tomorrow for Harley test ride day.
I saw lots and lots of bikes headed for the event in northwest Arkansas, bikes, blues, and BBQ.
I gave several of them directions for how to ride around Missouri, which has a helmet law.

Rode ~185 miles for tag pics, must have passed a couple hundred bikes in various sized groups headed to Street Vibrations in Reno, Tahoe, Carson & Virginia City, NV.
They're intrepid souls, a chance of rain/snow up there this afternoon.

Went for a 100 mile ride on my NC to get some breakfast, along with my wife on her Honda Reflex - to celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary! How cool is that?! :eek:

Then to top that off, we went out to dinner at a restaurant called Boondocks riding 2 Ruckus scooters!

Last edited:
Nothing today (it was raining), but last week I got some brand new Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires installed. They are the first tires I've had on my NC other than the stock Dunlops. I haven't put many miles on them yet, but so far they feel great—far better than the stock tires.

Went for a 100 mile ride on my NC to get some breakfast, along with my wife on her Honda Reflex - to celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary! How cool is that! :eek:

Then to top that off, we went out to dinner at a restaurant called Boondocks riding 2 Ruckus scooters!

yes...way cool!!!

Went for a 100 mile ride on my NC to get some breakfast, along with my wife on her Honda Reflex - to celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary! How cool is that! :eek:

Sounds like a super day, congrats!

Noted difference with the tires at the correct air pressure and the chain tightened and cleaned. Ride to Nashville, IN and then to Madison, IN after that on Saturday, followed by the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride on Sunday. Then I have 9 days before I head off down to NC for the Horizon's Unlimited Stecoah meetup.

I rode up to the Joplin Harley dealer and test rode an iron 883 and a Street Glide with the new engine and suspension. The engine is 107 cubic inches. They have also moved the heat back and away from your legs in addition to making the bike run cooler.

The sportster was fun. Very low to the ground. Lots of vibration.

The new engine and suspension on the touring models is nice. Smooth and lots of power. We were cruising at about 50 and I was in second gear. Supposedly vibration has been reduced 75% by counterbalancing, and it seemed like it to me. I shifted up to fourth and tried the throttle - there is plenty there.

I am not really interested in spending 25 k for one, but renting it would be fun.

https://youtu.be/yvSDR57_zfI

Last edited:
Noted difference with the tires at the correct air pressure and the chain tightened and cleaned. Ride to Nashville, IN and then to Madison, IN after that on Saturday, followed by the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride on Sunday. Then I have 9 days before I head off down to NC for the Horizon's Unlimited Stecoah meetup.
Have fun riding around my part of the country. I have to work till noon on Saturday (tomorrow), then meeting a couple of my Bloomington riding buddies at the Overlook, then don't know where we will ride (don't think we will eat at the overlook, may talk them into eating at The Dock though.

Have fun riding around my part of the country. I have to work till noon on Saturday (tomorrow), then meeting a couple of my Bloomington riding buddies at the Overlook, then don't know where we will ride (don't think we will eat at the overlook, may talk them into eating at The Dock though.

Sucks about workin till noon. It looks like the group going up will be "shopping" in Nashville. I think I will head to the little brewery there, have a few tastes, then head on. Shopping... Guess the Pillion wives are controlling the bikes. ;-)

My riding buddy yesterday. From Portland OR and out for a few weeks, riding a CSC RX3 he's already put a lot of miles on since he started riding a year or so ago. These "China Bikes" are incredible bang for the buck! They come with a lot of items like a skid plate, engine/crash guards, panniers and racks, etc. Really reliable too, from what I've seen.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/29894131745/in/album-72157671403283132/

29894131745_52604842e3_h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sucks about workin till noon. It looks like the group going up will be "shopping" in Nashville. I think I will head to the little brewery there, have a few tastes, then head on. Shopping... Guess the Pillion wives are controlling the bikes. ;-)

Who would want to shop in that tourist trap.... cheap everything, leather shops with cheap China or India leather, beads, trinkets, bad food...

Got my 22" MadStad windscreen today... Guess what? I'll be mounting it and then ride around town - mostly to one of the usual Starbucks - with my macbook in the trunk... wait, no I have a top box now! :) And then working on my GPS Tracker firmware in preparation of my coming 'round the US trip (prequel to the RTW one probably beginning of next year).

For the note, a big shout-out to MadStad for declaring a value of US$100 for customs ;)
(Reminded me of the time I had ordered around US$600 in software from the states when I was in Brazil, and had to refuse them when customs added the then 50% import tax over it...)

Last edited:
Installed Givi rack 1111fz and Bestem 929 box on the top of it. The whole structure looks robust. Bestem box comes with led light which I've connected to the brake light harness. So far, I'm happy with the purchase.
Bestem.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back