• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed the fender extender on my bike!
9ee6da7957aea03bfa5745a705204b0b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Rode through Gig Harbor, back roads to Olalla, out to Belfair, then to Allyn. Checked out the City Park and had a light lunch. Found my peace, then a ride along the water front and back home.

The new Shad comfort seat made the ride much more tolerable.

2.jpg2.jpg3.jpg1.jpg4.jpg

I changed my oil, not very exciting but here are some pictures!
Can someone tell me what MGS & D stand for?

MGS is used a lot in the designation of Honda part numbers.
D probably means this is a dipstick for DCT, since DCT takes more oil than MT.

Did you replace the DCT filter O-ring too - PN: 91302-PA9-003 ?

I'm collecting the stuff for my first oil change...

First oil change today, a little late at 1,240 miles. Oil filter was a little tight, and I didn't have a small enough oil filter wrench or a large enough channel-lock wrench...so I just punched a screw driver through the filter. The new K&N filter has the 17mm bolt head on it...much easier to install. I can't believe I don't have to do it again for 8,000 miles...but at the rate I'm putting on miles that will be in the late fall. I put 1239.5 miles on it in 6 weeks ;), and I have some long trips planned this summer & fall.

Oh, and I've decided to name her Black Betty.
IMG_5464.jpg

MGS is used a lot in the designation of Honda part numbers.
D probably means this is a dipstick for DCT, since DCT takes more oil than MT.

Did you replace the DCT filter O-ring too - PN: 91302-PA9-003 ?

I'm collecting the stuff for my first oil change...

Thanks for info on MGS D.

I bought the o-ring but the old one looked so good I couldn't bring myself to change it (it's hard being a cheap basterd) same for the crush washer on the drain plug! One thing to consider, the DCT oil filter cover has two 8 mm bolts. There is no mention in the owners manual about recommended torque, I was working with a 3/8" drive ratchet but switched to a little 1/4" ratchet to tighten up these 8 mm bolts, do not over tighten.

My first time changing oil in my 2014 DCT (went to the dealer prior). Things were going great until I tried to place the DCT oil filter cover back on. It cracked when I screwed it back on (was not even tight).

View attachment 28853

In ended up super gluing the parts together, then assembled everything back and filled it up with oil. Any one face a similar issue? or advice on if I should ride around (so far no oily puddles, but it's only been an hour or so).

They need to have a simpler, all metal solid, design.

I bought the o-ring but the old one looked so good I couldn't bring myself to change it (it's hard being a cheap basterd) same for the crush washer on the drain plug! One thing to consider, the DCT oil filter cover has two 8 mm bolts. There is no mention in the owners manual about recommended torque, I was working with a 3/8" drive ratchet but switched to a little 1/4" ratchet to tighten up these 8 mm bolts, do not over tighten.
Good idea I use a 1/4 ratchet, I try using it only for everything I can, I'm always worried about something breaking out stopping out

First oil change today, a little late at 1,240 miles. Oil filter was a little tight, and I didn't have a small enough oil filter wrench or a large enough channel-lock wrench...so I just punched a screw driver through the filter. The new K&N filter has the 17mm bolt head on it...much easier to install. I can't believe I don't have to do it again for 8,000 miles...but at the rate I'm putting on miles that will be in the late fall. I put 1239.5 miles on it in 6 weeks ;), and I have some long trips planned this summer & fall.

Oh, and I've decided to name her Black Betty.
View attachment 29520
Bam-ba-Lam! Good times!
[video=youtube_share;R044sleOW6I]https://youtu.be/R044sleOW6I[/video]

Oddly enough, the Service Manual does not list torque values for bolts on the DCT oil filter cover in the 'Maintenance' section.

It does however list:

The oil sump drain bolt torque spec is 30Nm / 22lb-ft
The filter torque spec is 26Nm / 19lb-ft

Now, the Service Manual is a tricky thing, because it has a 'Standard Torque Values' section at the beginning that you're supposed to use when they don't list one elsewhere.

That bolt on the DCT filter cover, for the 2016 is:

BOLT, FLANGE (6X16) (NSHF)
90006-GHB-630

For an 6mm flange NSHF bolt, 'Standard Torque Value' chart says 12Nm / 9lb-ft

I always go by feel, with published numbers as a guide. If something feels like it's gonna snap, stop.
Best practice for this is to torque a bunch various size and hardness bolts into some scrap wood / metal with a breaker bar and snap them on purpose just to see what it feels like.

The more you know!...

Went to ride into work today, and the front end felt like I was riding through mud. Looked down, and the front tire was quite low. Went home, parked her and went to work the normal way...

Ordered a new tire Michelin Pilot Road 4, 120/70ZR17 and will get it put on tomorrow/Wednesday at Cyclegear. $120 + installation.

Tonight, I will be taking the front wheel off for the first time. Is there anything I need to pay attention to in regards to that? What about putting it back on Wednesday night? Please respond in Private Message rather than this thread.

2012 nc700s

Hey all, I hope everyone is excited about spring.....I have been lurking looking at your rides and mods and wanted to share a pic of my ride. I just finished wiring and adding my new lights. I also changed the wheel color. Looking to be different.....you know. Anyways, hope to see some of you riders on the road.IMG_20160502_141332 (3).jpgIMG_20160502_141342 (3).jpg

ooooh, beauty! I love the wheels and those monster lights :D

I'm a fan of the olden days of rally car looks, and the last of the big twin headlight motorcycles, just before the technology in lighting took off with projector beams/hid/led etc. :cool:

37412-Audi-old_car-car-sports_car-sports-snow-lights-audi_quattro-Rally-rally_cars-736x459.jpg

Suzuki-GSX-R-750-Front-Left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back