• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
45 and overcast. Rode about 25 miles just to get out

I had on long johns and a fleece jacket under my Olympia suit.

Just my feet and the tips of my fingers were cold.

Rode From Asheville to Tellico Rd and Otter Creek Rd. to see what the Tellico Fires did. Saw some signs of fire especially on the dead Rhododendrons bushes and some chard logs. Then road on the Tail of the Dragon which was almost deserted. 3 other bikes at the store, stuck behind 2 vehicles on ride up and one on the ride back. All pulled over and let us pass.

It got up to 59 Degrees F here today so I went for a 65 mile ride on some curvy roads around my place. Great to get to ride again. Looking forward to spring!

Christmas rain storm (?) washed all salt away and thawed all the leftover ice. Today was dry and temperature reached 57F. I decided to stretch my NC's legs.

Dec161.jpg
DEC162.jpgDEC163.jpgDEC164.jpg

Last edited:
Rode about 100 miles in the averaging in mid 50's. Hit really dense fog going up Hwy 63 towards Trust, NC. The fog lasted about 5 miles, all up hill with some 180 degree truns. Road down the rattler (Hwy 209).

Finally placed the rear tire on the C50 Boulevard. After I got the tube replaced in it 3 weeks ago, the temps dropped and I didn't feel like sitting on the frozen concrete floor. Took the c50 for a 30 minute ride. Just before I went on the ride, I aired up the NC700 rear tire (been flat for a month-I had it on the kickstand) due to the leak between the tire and the wheel. I had purchased a 3 gallon air compressor, turned it on, got up to 100psi and shot a quick burst of air into the tire. Aired it up to 38 psi. Checked for the leak and no air bubbles with soapy water. After I got back from the c50 ride, checked air pressure again- 38psi. Took the NC700 on a 30 minute ride (it was close to 70 degrees) and was going to ride longer but storms were approaching. Pulled into the driveway and it started raining. Put bike up on kickstand, checked air pressure, no leak. This evening I will check the air pressure again, if low or flat, not going to deal with new wheel, or scraping, sanding, painting the wheel, just going to take it off and have a tube placed in it.

Finally placed the rear tire on the C50 Boulevard. After I got the tube replaced in it 3 weeks ago, the temps dropped and I didn't feel like sitting on the frozen concrete floor. Took the c50 for a 30 minute ride. Just before I went on the ride, I aired up the NC700 rear tire (been flat for a month-I had it on the kickstand) due to the leak between the tire and the wheel. I had purchased a 3 gallon air compressor, turned it on, got up to 100psi and shot a quick burst of air into the tire. Aired it up to 38 psi. Checked for the leak and no air bubbles with soapy water. After I got back from the c50 ride, checked air pressure again- 38psi. Took the NC700 on a 30 minute ride (it was close to 70 degrees) and was going to ride longer but storms were approaching. Pulled into the driveway and it started raining. Put bike up on kickstand, checked air pressure, no leak. This evening I will check the air pressure again, if low or flat, not going to deal with new wheel, or scraping, sanding, painting the wheel, just going to take it off and have a tube placed in it.

Are you sure it was leaking around the rim ??.
Valve stems ( the valve inside) can get dirt etc in them and leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ever since i said i would get a pair of those for my wr250r next time i broke a mirror... i haven't broken any more mirrors! : \

Went for a ride over to Texas for breakfast yesterday. Left home at 4am and out via Gatton, Ma Ma Creek. Had to dodge a huge goat, an emu and multiple kangaroos! Home via Stanthorpe with another 650km's added to the fun!

Attachments

• 20160820_072808.jpg
    20160820_072808.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Everything is big in Texas, even the Kangaroos!

Panniers look good. What model are they and how do you like them?

Are you sure it was leaking around the rim ??.
Valve stems ( the valve inside) can get dirt etc in them and leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, I had found the leak around the rim. The tire is flat again, found the leak in a slightly different location (don't know how that happened) so tube is in the near future (probably next week); no big deal.

Yep, I had found the leak around the rim. The tire is flat again, found the leak in a slightly different location (don't know how that happened) so tube is in the near future (probably next week); no big deal.

Mine had the rim leak front and back. I chalk marked the rim, broke the bead and hit the spots with 220 sandpaper. That mostly took care of it. When I changed the tires I was able to get a good look and easily sand all the way around. Didn't take long. It looked like paint overspray to me and therefore was easy to sand smooth. No problems since then. I find the sanding easier than doing a tube.

/me hates tubes. converted my spoked-rim WR250R to Tubliss™, much improvement.

Can anyone with a 2016 blue NC confirm that the blue paint color code is B197M? Thanks. I believe it to be the same combination of blue and Digital Silver used on the 2013 Goldwing. I may make my own version of this color scheme on the Beemerphile bike. (I just can't stand it being all boring grey).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back