• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp. The cheap and cheerful clutch lever has the proper nub to activate the interlock. The small pin was stuck in - which seems somewhat weird to me as I would think that would close the circuit. But in any event, after some WD40 from both front and back and working it a bit, it seems to be moving smoothly and working. for now.

View attachment 32013
Glad to hear you figured it out

Yes, it worked when I tested it after re-assembly. I'll find out if it is still working when I head for home in few minutes.
Hey if it didn't work and now it does you fixed it : (some fixes take longer and some last longer then others. Take the victories as then come) just a reminder WD-40 is a cleaner not a lubricant, you should lube that up with something light, like 3 in 1 oil

Received it from the dealer!! Took delivery in the rain. She's now toweled off in the comfort of the carport, dreaming of adventures when the sun's out and the pavement's a little more sticky.

Every Thursday night a bunch of us who ride together meet up at Dunkin Donuts for coffee and to tell lies.

It's only 12 miles, so I got it in my head that I'd ride up there instead of driving. I underestimated how cold 22 degrees feels at 45 mph. As it got later, the temp dropped too.

My only regret...not wearing my heated gear.

I took some pictures of my various farkles. I am making a YouTube video on them.

I had planned to ride today. The national weather service predicted 51 and partly sunny. Instead we are apparently mired in the mid 30s with clouds and a strong south wind.

Topped it off for a ride through the delta tomorrow, figure there might be a lesser chance of ice near the water than up in the hills. :cool:

I got a killer deal on 20L Givi saddle bags (expandable to 30L). Today I've removed my 11L Bilt bags (which served me well) and installed Givis. So far, I like the way they look on NC. Can't wait to put them thru rigorous tests.
Givi1.jpgGivi2.jpg

Miles, that is a good looking bike!
I am not biased at all, of course.

IMG_0049.jpg

This was taken on a much nicer day than today at an old Route 66 bridge between Vinita and Claremore, Oklahoma.

Last edited:
Just got zip-on Seal Savers for my NC. Looks like they will be good for it. When it gets back up to the mid-10s Fahrenheit I'll put these babies on. Thinking about getting Kriega seal savers for my WR though -- they have plastic bonded to the neoprene which should afford the durability one would want in a lot of true off-road riding... (my WR got new high-quality sprockets at a killer price, and a x-ring chain. So it will have some XMas spirit too!)

Was 76 (24c) today with tornados this evening and will be around 20 (-7c) in the morning with a possibility of ice so this morning seemed like a good time to get out. Went to the toy drive at Toad Suck Harley Davison which provides our hospital with toys to give out to the young patients.

I added a little hi-viz to a sea of black.

20161217_115611.jpg

This lady's bike was cool

20161217_114603.jpg

Five degrees and snow right now, so I checked on the nc, then spent time editing and posting this.
Off road on my nc.
This is mostly just on pasture, so it is not the Himalayas.
I have figured out how to legally put music on the videos.
Enjoy.
https://youtu.be/umd8eyZFxJY

Went to my shed, petted the bike. Checked it's space heater.... closed the door and walked away....
Winter sucks.... :-[

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back