• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode from Gunnison to Centennial today trying to beat the storms home. I love this bike and the ease in which it handles long stretches at speed and the handling in the twisties. It rained on us three times but only for a few miles each time. Bikes were loaded from and overnight in Gunnison. Gunnison is not much of a town but it sits right in the middle of some of the best motorcycling roads in Colorado. This is the wettest summer we have had since we have been here. Riding and watching lightning all around you is interesting.

Rode from Gunnison to Centennial today trying to beat the storms home. I love this bike and the ease in which it handles long stretches at speed and the handling in the twisties. It rained on us three times but only for a few miles each time. Bikes were loaded from and overnight in Gunnison. Gunnison is not much of a town but it sits right in the middle of some of the best motorcycling roads in Colorado. This is the wettest summer we have had since we have been here. Riding and watching lightning all around you is interesting.

Made the trip to Black Canyon of the Gunnison for 4th of July but took a car since I had a non-rider with me. Did you come back Hwy 50? I cannot wait to take the NC for that ride!

Yes, we took the 50 to the 115 to Colorado Springs and then the 83 into Centennial. Headed to Gunnison we took the loop down the 67 and then 96 back to the 50. Adding the little loop was worth the detour. Good motorcycle road. We wanted to take the 92 out of Gunnison today but weather looked bad so we headed home.

We had a half hour delay for road construction 6 miles east of the summit. Caught heavy rain for about five miles coming off the mountain. An hour later we pulled the liners out of the mesh gear and stayed comfortable in mid eighties temps. I almost went the other way towards Utah.

another grand day out grommit!!
on the spur of the moment we decided to go out on the bike this afternoon about 4 hour ride.
went the way of our usual short bike ride to Helmsley and many a times I thought what or where does this road lead to apart it saying carlton on the sign post.
so we took the ride and was it worth it.
beautiful country side here's a couple of pics....

DSC03033.jpgDSC03036.jpgDSC03037.jpgDSC03038.jpgDSC03042.jpg

We're headed back to ~100º F so we just took a 100 mile ride through part of the upper delta.

Don't have any pics so it may not have happened. :p

Well, today the boys took their MCY endorsement papers to the county office and got their new drivers licences. Then they went off for a 90+ mile ride.
I worked on my add on tail light wires....and my car I crashed yesterday - DOLT! My searches, my brother's searches and my thread looking for OEM connectors so I can make a plug-in adapter for the lights got me zilch. Oh well. I will use Posi-taps.

When the boys got back I decided I can't crawl around on the floor with my knee pain any more. And bending over hurts a lot too. Sooooo... We went to Harbor Freight and bought their lift.

Bike lift.JPG

I know it is a Harbor Freight but my brother has one and has used it for years and years. He has riding buddies that have them too. So I went for it. I also did a search and read all the threads (4 I think) I could find.

It seems to work fine. We hope they are made sort of like they used to be.....................

Then the older cut some aluminum diamond plate for side stand pucks. Lots of the asphalt in Florida gets pretty soft so one of these in the frunk can come in handy. I don't like the add on pieces I have seen. Not big enough to do a good job and too big when the stand is folded up. IMO of course.

Side stand feet.JPG

No ride in beautiful windey roads............it's Florida.

Just cleaned her up, she's been over a lot of Las Vegas city and highway since the last time.....I should have taken some before pics too......these are all after:
20150716_110654_resized.jpg20150716_110709_resized.jpg20150716_110753_resized.jpg20150716_110800_resized.jpg20150716_110628_resized.jpg

Set a new personal record of 607 miles in one day. Conway, AR to Dothan, AL. This convinced me that my seat mods aren't good enough for me so going to buy a seat. Wondering if anyone makes a seat with built in air conditioning.

Set a new personal record of 607 miles in one day. Conway, AR to Dothan, AL. This convinced me that my seat mods aren't good enough for me so going to buy a seat. Wondering if anyone makes a seat with built in air conditioning.

Guess we've all seen heat, but you may be a little disappointed on the AC. Sheep skin helps considerably.

Guess we've all seen heat, but you may be a little disappointed on the AC. Sheep skin helps considerably.

I just ordered one yesturday as I'm planning a long road trip (around 3500km in 4 days) and I don't want to hurt my butt !
I ordered from them: Buttpad Information and Sizing | Alaska Leather
They also offer a 10% discount for ADVRIDER members

I've finally installed Puig crash pads - dropping the bike now should generate much less costs in damage repair ;)
My first real work with my motorcycle completed without any issues, gosh, this feels so rewarding...

20150718_132750.jpg
20150718_132803.jpg
20150718_132815.jpg

Tuesday is a visit at the dealer to replace parts damaged in my slide, as well as install more farkles :D
I'll post some pictures after the repair and before/after applying reflective rim stickers.

Dropped my 2014 NCXD off at the dealers today to have the instrument cluster replaced and the frunk latch recall taken care of.

I got my zero miles, blurry bike back on Friday.

Construction 07-15-201501.jpg

Construction 07-15-201502.jpg

The frunk latch failed the dealer's inspection but they did not have the parts on hand so I'll have to bring it back in a week or so.

I've finally installed Puig crash pads - dropping the bike now should generate much less costs in damage repair ;)
My first real work with my motorcycle completed without any issues, gosh, this feels so rewarding...

View attachment 25189
View attachment 25190
View attachment 25191

Tuesday is a visit at the dealer to replace parts damaged in my slide, as well as install more farkles :D
I'll post some pictures after the repair and before/after applying reflective rim stickers.

Those look great! Can't wait to see the additional farkles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back