• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a ride down to Twisted Throttles show room today. PIcked up a Givi E370tn topcase. Doesnt look bad has decent room. I think there is a Red lid that might look good with the bike color.

I think I might try to fab up quick release for the braket since the braket looks awful when the case isnt on.

Attachments

• IMG_20150712_193552.jpg
    IMG_20150712_193552.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 400
Took a ride down to Twisted Throttles show room today. PIcked up a Givi E370tn topcase. Doesnt look bad has decent room. I think there is a Red lid that might look good with the bike color.

I think I might try to fab up quick release for the braket since the braket looks awful when the case isnt on.

Doesn't the SW-Motech adapter plate release with three quarter-turn fasteners? Or maybe you're using the universal plate that came with the Givi box.

Last edited:
670cc,
Im using the universal one that came with it. The guy at TT mentioned a SW Motech adapter but when he looked it up said it was only for the monokey cases. If there is one for the monolock that does just twist off that would be great. Do you have a link?

Installed these. I really noticed a difference today. No one pulled out in front of me and I actually noticed a couple of drivers who passed by looking at the front of my bike as I passed.

P1040643sm.jpg

670cc,
Im using the universal one that came with it. The guy at TT mentioned a SW Motech adapter but when he looked it up said it was only for the monokey cases. If there is one for the monolock that does just twist off that would be great. Do you have a link?

It's a shame Twisted Throttle doesn't know what they're selling. I've never been overly impressed with that business. I'd search for and buy the part elsewhere.

Here is the Monolock adapter plate (4 in stock): SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Topcase Adapter Plate (GIVI / Kappa Monolock) - TwistedThrottle.com

You'd be way better off to buy from Revzilla because the shipping would be free. SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Top Case Rack Adapter Plate - RevZilla

Last edited:
Not all done today but finished today. Been working on the bike during a stay-cation. Finally got around to Plasti-Dipping the whole bike. Wanted to do Cammo Green, changed my mind for visibility concerns. I commute in the dark a bit. So I went white. I've been jealous of the people of the state's who got white as I think it looks pretty sharp. Also Plasti-Dipped the bottom 1/3 of the my Madstad to reduce glare from the headlight, also added a skull to it. Then changed out the fork oil and drilled some more holes in the R.T. Gold valves. Installed bigger dual horns and changed out the spark plugs. Next 8k miles service and new chain and sprockets will have to wait until my next days off. Drug my feet and ran out of time, heading back to work tomorrow.

30933110905f7f0c2ac9a1c507de029c.jpg

1ef5706decc87f59783ad4263364afe3.jpg

4540f63cb573ccfbb830b637afee1019.jpg

b6a4b9fc14f26f150585f606fa2175ef.jpg

99cfba9224fcb9a226fcdd6a317a7b86.jpg

First ride with the tall Honda windscreen. Much better than the stock unit. I am a short sh#t at 5'6" and the wind stream is now hitting my upper helmet vents at 50-60 mph. Feels about right to me.

Also got a first ride with the Ohmics smart brake light. No one ran into the back of my bike and I did not get pulled over for illegal equipment so.... A good day all in all.

Also nailed a tag and posted a new one.
>Thom

PM.... Also started dreaming/planning a saddle sore 1,000 mile ride (in honor of the two NC700's that finished the Iron Butt Rally). Skookum could handle it... Not sure about me.

Last night I changed out my stock BT023 with 10,778 miles for a Contimotion rear tire. I used two tire irons and got the job done. It was a three hour job, but I blame the loss of daylight and minor exhaustion for most of my problems. I put the new tire on using the zip-tie method, which I can now say that I highly recommend. Apart from breaking the bead with the side stand, putting it all back together was the hardest part for me. I added Ride-On this morning. So far, so good.

Not all done today but finished today. Been working on the bike during a stay-cation. Finally got around to Plasti-Dipping the whole bike. Wanted to do Cammo Green, changed my mind for visibility concerns. I commute in the dark a bit. So I went white. I've been jealous of the people of the state's who got white as I think it looks pretty sharp. Also Plasti-Dipped the bottom 1/3 of the my Madstad to reduce glare from the headlight, also added a skull to it. Then changed out the fork oil and drilled some more holes in the R.T. Gold valves. Installed bigger dual horns and changed out the spark plugs. Next 8k miles service and new chain and sprockets will have to wait until my next days off. Drug my feet and ran out of time, heading back to work tomorrow.

30933110905f7f0c2ac9a1c507de029c.jpg

1ef5706decc87f59783ad4263364afe3.jpg

4540f63cb573ccfbb830b637afee1019.jpg

b6a4b9fc14f26f150585f606fa2175ef.jpg

99cfba9224fcb9a226fcdd6a317a7b86.jpg
Love the Plasti-Dip! You have inspired my to tackle changing the color of my NC

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

While waiting on the A/C guy to show up, I performed my first solo chain maint. Worked out pretty well. Granted, I used my 1700 pound lift rather than a center stand (don't have that).

I installed a set of Over Racing lowering links and raised the front forks an equal amount. Bike now sits 0.6" lower. Side stand still works, even with a Givi foot pad. Center stand is slightly harder to deploy but not bad and cornering clearance is still very decent.

Overall I like the change but I'm glad I didn't go any lower.

I installed a set of Over Racing lowering links and raised the front forks an equal amount. Bike now sits 0.6" lower. Side stand still works, even with a Givi foot pad. Center stand is slightly harder to deploy but not bad and cornering clearance is still very decent.

Overall I like the change but I'm glad I didn't go any lower.

Amazing the difference half an inch makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back