• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to rotate the pics in the browser/site? The pic is on the right way on my computer. I'm having the same problem on Twitter.[/QUOTE]

you must live in the west coast;)

here you go copy it as I will delete it tomorrow.

3cfbb242-a27a-43a0-aa9c-7f906524564e_zpsdfqegwcm.jpg

95 mile ride on my Frankenseat. http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/9275-frankenseat-my-mod.html?highlight=frankenseat
FABULOUS!!!
It may be ugly but it sure works for my butt.

559 miles now so I went ahead and did the 600mi service since I had the day open. On call but nothing intervened.
Checked most things in the Maintenance section of the manual. Everything is dandy. I did put in 4.5 quarts of oil though - what it says is needed after disassembly is 4.3. It is just a tad over the high mark. Go figure. I replaced the transmission filter too.

I remember reading threads about the oil filters and found that the Fram PH7317 weighs 6.13oz while the Honda factory is shorter and weighed 8.95oz - after draining for 20 min. Could it hold 3oz of oil?? I guess so. Will find out at next oil change. 8000mi. Wow. Hope I remember.

4 of us on July 3rd rode over to Rabbit Hash, Kentucky, an old Hamlet literally on the banks of the Ohio River:

50% of the 4 bikes were Honda Nc700x:

Just spent 10 days at the NC (North Carolina) coast. I trailered the NC so that I could sneak away and ride from time to time. Did a little exploring in the Croatan National Forest. Place was a little sandy for street tires, but I still had some fun. I avoided the worst areas, but every time the road intersected another trail or road, it became very sandy. I avoided two tracks and trails. I was alone and didn't want to get myself stranded.

P1010243_1024_zpseuqaogcj.jpg

P1010241_zpse92uz0oy.jpg

P1010231_zpsy0ycfede.jpg

P1010230_zpsvxshb3li.jpg

P1010226_zps3fhgt0mb.jpg

Just ordered a new rear tire and the tire irons, valve core tool and rim protectors. Added some Ride On to the cart to see how I like it. Yesterday, I built an aluminum bracket to raise the front of the seat. Pics will come later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

559 miles now so I went ahead and did the 600mi service since I had the day open. On call but nothing intervened. Checked most things in the Maintenance section of the manual. Everything is dandy. I did put in 4.5 quarts of oil though - what it says is needed after disassembly is 4.3. It is just a tad over the high mark. Go figure. I replaced the transmission filter too.

I don't mean to question your mechanical abilities, but the manual states the oil capacity after oil and filter drain/change is 3.6 quarts. At 4.5, you could be nearly a quart overfilled. I always put in the 3.6 and mine is right at the correct level on the dipstick. I'm curious where your 0.9 quarts is hiding in there.

Oil level is checked with engine off, bike vertical, on both wheels, and dipstick resting on threads but NOT screwed in.

By comparison, a GL1800 takes only 4 quarts.

Last edited:
I don't mean to question your mechanical abilities, but the manual states the oil capacity after oil and filter drain/change is 3.6 quarts. At 4.5, you could be nearly a quart overfilled. I always put in the 3.6 and mine is right at the correct level on the dipstick. I'm curious where your 0.9 quarts is hiding in there.

Oil level is checked with engine off, bike vertical, on both wheels, and dipstick resting on threads but NOT screwed in.

OOPS! My bad.

It seems I didn't read the oil bottle correctly. It was more like 3.5 quarts and it reads a tad high.

Dang, this gettin' old sucks. I am going to have to measure thrice and then have someone else check it and watch me as I cut it once! Dang!!

Does the XD with the auto tranny require more than 3.6 quarts as the manual tranny model?

Does the XD with the auto tranny require more than 3.6 quarts as the manual tranny model?

My manual (just bought) came as a 2012 with stickers and instructions on where to place them. They say 2012-2013. Heh.
In it is:
NC700X/XA/SA
3.3 US qt. at draining
3.6 US qt at oil filter change
3.7 US qt at disassembly

NC700XD
3.4 US qt at draining
3.6 US qt at oil filter change
4.1 US qt at disassembly

It doesn't say anything about "at transmission filter change"

But this is all about my initial mistake.

I put the right amount of oil in it 3.5 qt (or so) and then read the bottle wrong and promptly posted before triple checking and having someone else check my figures.
Sorry.

Today, UPS delivered a couple new farkles for installation this weekend. One is an Ohmics Smart brakelight and the other is a tall windscreen.
>Thom

Dropped my NC off at the dealer after being rear-ended at a stop sign on wednesday. The bike is pretty messed up, but at least I walked away with just a few contusions.

I've finally passed the motorcycle exam and are now waiting for updated driving license to be made :)
In the mean time: today I am strapping the license plate on.
I've also ordered few parts: rims reflective stickers and chain lubricant; also, ordered SW Motech center stand, Puig rear hugger and Puig high windscreen.
All will be mounted this week while I wait for the DL to get printed :) Photos shortly, can't wait to start working on farkles :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back