• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy doesn't even know how to pack for golf. $1200 for a set of clubs is absurd.

Packed it for golfing tomorrow
f30a0b527eeb550e5af8699794a46a8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran some Feral-Cat errands/business,
EDIT... Lets just say I had such a bad time, that I'm thinking of selling the bike and getting a cheap car. It's just too dangerous around here now, and riding is no longer enjoyable.
Not safe to ride anywhere. The idiots are everywhere. Heck, I got ran off the road last week, had to hit the ditch, and I was up in a forestry (25,000 acre forestry) and I don't think there were more than 6 cars in the forestry while I was there.

Returned from a three-day ride through the Ozarks. Beautiful country. Very green due to more rain than normal. The Pig Trail is now open, with a short one-lane section. Great ride—chicken strips almost gone—with only one "thrill" as two bambis attempted suicide.

Two inch risers, Kuryakyn Dually highway pegs, and seat slope mod made the bike tolerable, but the seat is still painful. Can't wait to get my Russell Day Long. Should be very comfy then, although a set of adjustable main pegs may also be on my list.

Did my second Oil change.(1st by me) Only have 4500 miles on it but Ive had it for just over a year. Plus It feels like its been running rougher with a bit more vibration and louder engine noise. So I'm hoping that fixes it. It was a huge pain in the *** though. I got everything from my Honda dealership since I went into get it inspected at the same time. Everything cost me $60. They gave me some brand of oil Id never heard of not Honda branded which is why I was going to buy it there. Next time ill get a K&N filter and my own oil. The oil filter like I had heard was a pain to get of plus I crushed it some by the time I got it off. Will probably pick up one of the nice wrenches suggested here for next time.

The Honda guy said it took 3 and I said on the forums and manual it says 3.6 but he looked it up and sold me 3. I added a little extra that I had might still need a bit more not sure.

If anyone has any suggestions on what might make the engine run a little rougher im all ears.

Made it back alive. Logged 974 miles in 2.5 days.

The longest stretch was 510 miles in one day. Mostly twisty roads through the Sierras too. It was blisteringly hot.

Will be doing a Saddlesore 1000 next month on the NC!

Started my more intimate relationship with my NC700S today. Began the 24000km service by checking the valve clearances. All were right in the middle of spec except for one intake valve which was a little looser. Just for the fun of it I attempted tightening it a touch, but I reckon I ended up putting it back where it started! Also changed the coolant. Tomorrow I will change oil and filter after I buy a new filter remover - have no idea where my old one has got to and want to leave punching a screwdriver through the filter to a last resort! Have tried that once on a car and ended up with a highly mangled filter still happily in place on the block...

Getting to know this bike, and so far maintenance is very easy, and will be much easier second time round.

Did my second Oil change.(1st by me) Only have 4500 miles on it but Ive had it for just over a year. Plus It feels like its been running rougher with a bit more vibration and louder engine noise. So I'm hoping that fixes it. It was a huge pain in the *** though. I got everything from my Honda dealership since I went into get it inspected at the same time. Everything cost me $60. They gave me some brand of oil Id never heard of not Honda branded which is why I was going to buy it there. Next time ill get a K&N filter and my own oil. The oil filter like I had heard was a pain to get of plus I crushed it some by the time I got it off. Will probably pick up one of the nice wrenches suggested here for next time.

The Honda guy said it took 3 and I said on the forums and manual it says 3.6 but he looked it up and sold me 3. I added a little extra that I had might still need a bit more not sure.

If anyone has any suggestions on what might make the engine run a little rougher im all ears.

$60 sure is a lot of cash for 3qts of oil and a filter! :confused:

Sounds like you're not checking the final level, you really need to. From your owner's manual:

Oil%2BLevel.JPG

3.6 quarts is the spec'd amount of oil and I've found that to be spot on with filter change. Make sure you check the level on the centerstand if you have one, or hold it upright, as close to vertical as possible.

As to it running rough... it shouldn't. Check torque on things like engine mounts, check your chain tension. There's not a whole lot to throw the NC out of sync with only one throttle body.... Your valves should be perfectly fine with < 5000 miles on it.

trey

From the other day.

WP_20150703_14_52_31_Pro.jpg

Is there any way to rotate the pics in the browser/site? The pic is on the right way on my computer. I'm having the same problem on Twitter.

Last edited:
Left Sallisaw, OK this morning around 7, rode to Van Buren, AR and headed north on Hwy 59. From Fayettville I took hwy 62 to Eureka Springs and headed south down Hwy 21. After some other roads (just riding around) I hit "go home" on the Garmin and 3.5 hours later I was home. About 356 miles of lots of good roads. Harley's were everywhere, some of those guys/gals do get out and ride. This was my first real test with the Scorpion 3000GT, it performed great, very quiet for a modular, air vents worked great, and very comfy. The only way this could have been better is to remove all the cage sight seeing folks.

It was a "Do to" day since I had work in the morning and cooked for us and the in-laws in the afternoon.

Happy 4th of July!!!

I made a "cruise control" (and then two more) after reading all the threads I could find. I wanted to buy an old style Universal Vista but don't want the one with the big clamping bar. I just wanted the slim one like I had on my Concourse 20 years ago. Even the email answers I could not help me find what I want.

So I came across the video of the guy that made one out of a stainless rod. I had some old pieces of stainless rod so......what the heck.

Thanks Tweak89. From 2013 http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/1602-vista-cruise-control.html that linked to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEmMvNYEq2o

So I made some.

Cruise control 4.JPGCruise control 5.JPGCruise control 1.JPG Cruise control 2.JPGCruise control 3.JPG A little embarrassing showing my garage junk.

Installed, after much praise on this forum, Seat Concepts seat. Took about an hour. Was actually somewhat therapeutic not having to work with wires, grease or dirt.

PICT0024.jpg
PICT0021.jpg
PICT0022.jpg

Good for you Rick. I sent some $$ last week. This is a great resource and the admins who take care of it are terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back