• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for a little 100km drive this morning. Gotta give the bike some space after keeping it in city traffic for a few hundred kms.

thumb_IMG_2712_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_2713_1024.jpg

What!? How did you do that?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The hit the bike's suspension took, at the speed I was going should have wrecked me, so I can't fault the shock really lol. I won't know for sure until I can take it out to see what the real damage is, but it spewed all it's oil in a great fountain, and became a zero damping pogo stick for the rest of the trip- a little less than half way, and then all the way home on the highway. The pavement was ok, but ye gods, it was all I could do on the last bit of rough offroad to make it without binning it.

I spent the day on some really, really rough sections of gravel (well not gravel so as much as boulders and blasted mining rock etc.) and keeping up with a KTM 990 through them, took a little bit of doing that was out of the NCX's comfort zone, good shock or not.

There is a route through the mountains from one little town to another, that is sometimes doable on a year to year basis, depending on weather, washed out or destroyed bridges, snow pack, gate closures, etc., that I've always wanted to do, but my timing would suck for getting through that year, or on a year when it was passable, I had a street bike, and so on.

From a place called Harrison Hot Springs, to one called Boston bar. Had to slog through a lot of snow at the highest pass, freaking exhausting, and time was becoming a factor to make it out before night, so unfortunately no pictures of the good stuff :(

hwBA0o1.png

I took one or two boring old mundane pics at a few places that I might post up later after work, but they were pretty lacking in scope of the true adventure, sigh.

Last edited:
The hit the bike's suspension took, at the speed I was going should have wrecked me, so I can't fault the shock really lol. I won't know for sure until I can take it out to see what the real damage is, but it spewed all it's oil in a great fountain, and became a zero damping pogo stick for the rest of the trip- a little less than half way, and then all the way home on the highway. The pavement was ok, but ye gods, it was all I could do on the last bit of rough offroad to make it without binning it.

I spent the day on some really, really rough sections of gravel (well not gravel so as much as boulders and blasted mining rock etc.) and keeping up with a KTM 990 through them, took a little bit of doing that was out of the NCX's comfort zone, good shock or not.

There is a route through the mountains from one little town to another, that is sometimes doable on a year to year basis, depending on weather, washed out or destroyed bridges, snow pack, gate closures, etc., that I've always wanted to do, but my timing would suck for getting through that year, or on a year when it was passable, I had a street bike, and so on.

From a place called Harrison Hot Springs, to one called Boston bar. Had to slog through a lot of snow at the highest pass, freaking exhausting, and time was becoming a factor to make it out before night, so unfortunately no pictures of the good stuff :(

hwBA0o1.png

I took one or two boring old mundane pics at a few places that I might post up later after work, but they were pretty lacking in scope of the true adventure, sigh.

Man that blows! LOL Well, at least it sounds like it's a blown seal which should be repairable. When I was ordering the Wilbers shock for mine the guy was warning me about some guys on the big GS's breaking the pistons eyelet on some hard hits to the suspension. So before he put the order through he checked to see if this other Danish company made a shock for the NC, as their design is much more robust. Their design has a thicker piston, better seal and stronger hydraulic preload adjuster, but they don't make one for us yet so I went with the Wilbers.

Hopefully my bike is fixable after the accident and I get it repaired around the time the shock arrives so I can see how it feels.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ordered a new rear tire today, getting it put on Thursday. Continental Conti-Motion Sport Touring Radial. When I got home noticed there was a pretty large and jagged gash (near 2") on the outside edge of the tire that was not there Friday. While it isn't losing air, I don't want it to go out while I am riding, especially in the middle of a turn. Local shop owned by a couple friends is doing the work for me, $120 out the door. I was going to wait until fall before my HU trip for a new tire, but I don't think this gash is something that can be ignored.

Rode 300 miles on Saturday from home along the south shore of Lake Superior to Bayfield WI. What a cold ride, 40-45 degrees with 20-25 mile wind off the lake!Beautiful ride! Really starting to enjoy the NC! Should have close to 600 miles now, so we will be changing oil soon.IMAG0635.jpg

Since April 2nd... I finally got my NC750x on the road...0kms! Made a radiator guard out of 2 bbq grills, and a homemade automatic chain oiler ;) Have also got the clocks changed under the recall. Have about 1500kms on it so far and LUVIN it :)
001.jpg004.jpg001.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

Added my highway pegs today. Get a wind screen and wire my electronics and I'll have a touring bike. (maybe a new saddle too)

Hassle,
Did you have any problems with the throttle and brake cables or the front brake hydraulic lines? When you installed the bar risers?

No, i didn't have any problems at all with any lines. I just open the cableties that kept the lines to the handlebar. Super easy install :)

Well, today I... ordered my NC700S :)
I am still 3/4 of a way through the motorcycle DL course, then need to take the exam. Initially, I decided not to buy a bike until I have the DL, but then my local dealer suddenly had a 2013 NC700S DCT, no mileage, for a fairly good price.
I called them but it was already gone so they offered they'll look around for another one. Few days later, they've found one but some 350 miles away and initiated a contact between me and the dealer who has it. (I suspect he wanted the deal for himself :) )
I didn't hesitate long as the price was very good, so decided to go with the flow and order it. Not exactly according to my plan, but sometimes you have to take what life gives :)
Now the plan is to lock it up until I have the DL. I know I will be tempted to take it for a spin...

DSC04309.jpg

Isn't she a beauty? :)

Today was a really good day! On wednesdays i get off work early around 12. Came home at 21(9pm for you 'mericans :p) So i have been out riding all day! Rode about 500km(310 miles). Only on small roads and stopped for food and pictures. It was about 15-18 degrees C and not a cloud in sight. Really wonderful day. And the Shad seat works well. I still have some pain in my cheeks but none in my spine. And i think that it got better the longer i rode so maybe it have to settle or something. And i found a road that may have been the best i've ridden. It was like a dream! But now to the pictures :)

WP_20150422_10_56_20_Pro.jpg
WP_20150422_11_25_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20150422_14_03_05_Pro.jpg
WP_20150422_14_05_09_Pro.jpg
WP_20150422_14_06_18_Pro.jpg
WP_20150422_14_15_30_Pro.jpg
WP_20150422_14_17_33_Pro.jpg
WP_20150422_14_23_08_Pro.jpg
WP_20150422_14_28_30_Pro.jpg
WP_20150422_18_57_07_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Follow-up on the tire issue. It has been replaced. Local shop did the work, 502 MOTO, and did it for $120 (tire and labor) and even lubed and adjusted my chain as well. All in less than an hour - allowing me to not have to take time off work to get this done. Anyone in the Louisville, KY area, keep them in mind.

https://www.facebook.com/FiveOhTwoMoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back