• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forest fires are mother natures way of cleansing herself. I have always thought us humans should allow the forest fires in our national parks burn themselves out and burn out all the invasive species. Better for the forest, better for the animals.

To keep on track, my nc700x is in the shop getting new tires-continental motion touring.

I'm jealous for two reason. I love Chili Dog's and I imagine that place has some awesome choices. Second, I'm jealous that your wife rides with you. I thin kthat is great. I'd say I wished my wife would ride with me but I know how she drive a car so there is no way I'd put her on a bike.

You would be disappointed as they do not serve chili dogs there. No sauerkraut either. Your choice is only hot dogs with either mustard, ketchup, relish or a pickle spear or any combination. They serve fries but no other food. Birch beer is the drink of choice there. They also serve ice cold buttermilk (barf!) but I don't recall anyone I know actually ordering any. I hear it's one of those love/hate things. Honestly there's nothing really remarkable about their hot dogs, probably more of an iconic draw. Whatever the secret is though it works as the place has been in business since 1944.

The temperature finally dropped out of the 100's today so I took a nice ride down to the Los Angeles harbor area and noticed the Goodyear blimp was moored at its airport.
So here's a shot of my NCXD in front of the big fella

Attachments

• NCXD and Blimp.jpg
    NCXD and Blimp.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 236
Went riding with one of the guys on the adv fourm,checking out some lakes and rivers from all the rain we had.uploadfromtaptalk1400445178162.jpg

Blacked out the wind screen

Windscreen Front.jpgRemoved and "painted" the wind screen today. Used a flat black coating on the rear of the screen (see photos). To keep over spray from getting on the front, I first applied a heavy coat of automotive paste wax to the front. Three quick coats later, wiped off the waxed front, new look, nice and shiny to boot! Quick project and a bit more aggressive looking to me - happy with it.Coating.jpgWindscreen Front.jpgWinscreen side.jpgWindscreen from  seat.jpg

View attachment 17603Removed and "painted" the wind screen today. Used a flat black coating on the rear of the screen (see photos). To keep over spray from getting on the front, I first applied a heavy coat of automotive paste wax to the front. Three quick coats later, wiped off the waxed front, new look, nice and shiny to boot! Quick project and a bit more aggressive looking to me - happy with it.View attachment 17602View attachment 17603View attachment 17604View attachment 17605

Looks nice like that. I Plasti-Dipped mine in black as well. :cool:

Beauty! :cool:

Didja have fun? :D

...and how many new farkles/devices/knickknacks do you now have on your list, that weren't there before, lol? ;)

Did the Welsh National Rally last weekend - 200 mile scatter rally in a very pretty part of the UK (North Wales, Snowdonia etc). Weather started off sunny but went badly downhill. A couple of pics before the heavens opened - the first is what happens when you blindly follow your sat-nav :p:

WNR1.jpg

...but at least you get a good view:

WNR2.jpg

Last edited:
Beauty! :cool:

Didja have fun? :D

...and how many new farkles/devices/knickknacks do you now have on your list, that weren't there before, lol? ;)

LOL. . I drew the line and said no more farkles (after this springs purchase of risers, handguards and a rear rack)! No one on the forum mentioned that you also buy devices and knickknacks. ...it is endless!
HAD TO GET. ..
A smart phone for the trip (the flip phone wasn't good enough anymore).
A mini grill from MEC (re old hiking one wasn't good enough anymore).
Stopped myself from purchasing the new light is weight chairs. ;)

Had a nice 100 mile ride with a buddy. Found some hills and twisties,I like hills.he made a comment how quite the bike was,except for my chain which he said sounds like a chain saw.good day of riding.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Had a nice 100 mile ride with a buddy. Found some hills and twisties,I like hills.he made a comment how quite the bike was,except for my chain which he said sounds like a chain saw.good day
Your chain may be misaligned. You might want to sight down your chain line and see if the chain is rubbing on one side or another of the rear sprocket. Had that problem on my V-Strom 650? Or your chain is super dry!

Nope sprocket looks good,I always look down at chain from the rear when turning wheel,all good.and no way is my chain dry,I probley over lube.its always been noisy since I let dealer do 600 mile check.took back they said all was good.been that way for 4000 miles now .think I got use to it lol

Took NaNCy out on her first "Long Trip". My nephew and I did over 350 mile round trip from the San Fernando Valley to Lake Isabella and then back.

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

We did freeway, country roads, and canyon riding to get there and back. We encountered, warm temperatures in the 90's, vineyards, agriculture, roadside river, live stock (cattle) in the roadways, historical buildings, high altitudes, and high cross winds. NaNCy meet every challenge that was thrown at her with the greatest of ease. It was a "Great" day for a ride... :)

Nope sprocket looks good,I always look down at chain from the rear when turning wheel,all good.and no way is my chain dry,I probley over lube.its always been noisy since I let dealer do 600 mile check.took back they said all was good.been that way for 4000 miles now .think I got use to it lol

Did dealer mess up on slack adjustment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back