• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the Blessing of the Bikes here in Holland. Stayed for about an hour and then got bored so I left. Good turn out with bikes, and I was the only NC700 there. Also got to check out two of the Zero bikes, really like the DS model.

WP_20140427_13_29_50_Pro.jpg
WP_20140427_13_33_37_Pro.jpg
WP_20140427_13_34_05_Pro.jpg

20140427_154649.jpg

My daughter and I jumped on the NCX and went to see the Tulips grown in the Skagit Valley. Every spring the valley is a riot of color and most of the farms have some sort of pavilion and special event planned to show off their wares. The forecast said 80% chance of rain so we stopped by Cyclegear to get her some rain pants - small and large in stock but she needed a medium. She decided it was worth the risk so off we went. We had a few showers on the way up but nothing uncomfortable. Our Tulip tour was nice and dry. The last twenty miles home got pretty wet. She ended up wearing my boot gators that I keep in the trunk and that kept her feet and calves protected from the water the tires toss around. The rain shadow I threw kept most of the rest of her dry except her hands - and mesh gloves don't keep much water out. The only thing she complained about was the music Pandora was feeding her. We made some new gear purchases today.

My next farkle will definitely be a rear fender of some sort.

Oh yeah, I also put on a Heidenau K60 Scout on the rear and an Avon Distanzia on the front. So far its a great combination. I haven't taken it out in the back roads but on gravel parking lots, grass and muddy lanes the bike performed flawlessly. The 150/70 rear makes the bike about a half inch or so taller though.

WP_20140429_07_49_47_Pro.jpg

Look what I saw on my way home from work this morning, they're moving the jumbo jet that used to carry the space shuttle to Johnson Space Center in Clear lake Texas.

View attachment 17204

Look what I saw on my way home from work this morning, they're moving the jumbo jet that used to carry the space shuttle to Johnson Space Center in Clear lake Texas.

THAT'S COOL!!!

I've seen this plane many times at Edwards Air Force Base here in California at the Air Shows I used to go to as a kid. I also got to see this plane fly over my house with the Shuttle loaded on it headed to Florida back in the mid-80's. It had to be at least 1,000 ft from the ground, it was close to say the least. I was about 10 years old or so at the time. I did not get to see the name on the Shuttle or recall if I did. It could have been either the Endeavor or Discovery...

I experienced the "Perfect Ride" this morning. The weather was "Perfect", mid-70's just before 7 am PST.

IMG_2581.jpg

It's forcasted to be over 90° later on today and rest of this week. It's supposed to be 98° on this coming Thursday, May 1st. "NaNCy" will get her "Hot Weather Badge" here soon...

Took a ride down to the Long Beach (CA) Marina and saw this. Seemed like a good picture opportunity.
This yacht is the actual one they used during the filming of Marilyn Monroe's "Some Like It Hot".
The weather was clear, sunny, about 72 degrees and no wind. Perfect.

Yz2pKy2.jpg

Nothing today. Today is Oaks day in Louisville, Ky (the major fillies day ran on Friday before the Kentucky Derby) and there will be too much congested, drunk, drinking drivers on the road this afternoon when I get off work and I decided I would feel safer in a cage.

Found this in my tailbag.think i will leave it on.its a rain cover but you can see it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399064296326.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399064296326.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 350
Looked at a Indian $21,000.always nice to dream.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399136472561.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399136472561.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 296
Got out for a nice four hour ride with my wife. She's getting a lot more comfortable on the NCX and I can see it in her riding. Visited the famous Hot Dog Johnny's in NJ for a nice lunch.

silverhound-albums-wife-s-new-ncx-picture17271-hdj1.jpg

Getting ready to mount up again
silverhound-albums-wife-s-new-ncx-picture17270-hdj3.jpg

She was a little tired in the last 1/2 hour.
silverhound-albums-wife-s-new-ncx-picture17272-dody2.jpg

Rest is over
silverhound-albums-wife-s-new-ncx-picture17275-dody5.jpg

Yesterday I went to the famous Mulholland Hwy here in Callifornia and spotted a NC plus other nice bikes
DSC_7470.jpg
By the way, this guy was not a member, I invited him :).
DSC_7627-2.jpg
DSC_7483.jpg

Rode the NC700 to work today (47 miles from home), but had to come home early due to fires near my home in Fallbrook, CA. Split lanes 15 miles through grid locked traffic on I-15 since highway patrol shutdown the freeway due to another fire on the outskirts of our town. After I got home and made sure family and house were safe, took my son and daughter a few blocks from home to watch the Marine's pick up water to dump on the fire about a 1/2 mile away. My son rode the red Ninja and my daughter and I were on the NC700. If I'd driven the car to work instead of taking the bike, who knows when I would have finally made it home. Bike paid for itself in peace of mind today by getting me home hours sooner! Still under voluntary evacuation notice tonight, but feeling optimistic for tomorrow.

IMG_3703.jpg
IMG_3698.jpg
IMG_3726.jpg

Last edited:
Got out for a nice four hour ride with my wife. She's getting a lot more comfortable on the NCX and I can see it in her riding. Visited the famous Hot Dog Johnny's in NJ for a nice lunch.

I'm jealous for two reason. I love Chili Dog's and I imagine that place has some awesome choices. Second, I'm jealous that your wife rides with you. I thin kthat is great. I'd say I wished my wife would ride with me but I know how she drive a car so there is no way I'd put her on a bike.

Rode the NC700 to work today (47 miles from home), but had to come home early due to fires near my home in Fallbrook, CA. Split lanes 15 miles through grid locked traffic on I-15 since highway patrol shutdown the freeway due to another fire on the outskirts of our town. After I got home and made sure family and house were safe, took my son and daughter a few blocks from home to watch the Marine's pick up water to dump on the fire about a 1/2 mile away. My son rode the red Ninja and my daughter and I were on the NC700. If I'd driven the car to work instead of taking the bike, who knows when I would have finally made it home. Bike paid for itself in peace of mind today by getting me home hours sooner! Still under voluntary evacuation notice tonight, but feeling optimistic for tomorrow.

Glad your house is Ok. I've never lived anywhere where forest fires where an issues. I grew up on the west side of Washington State so no issues there. LOL. When I was in the army my unit got sent to yellowstone in the late 80's when it went up in smoke. Quite a site to see what a major forest fire can do.

I also enjoyed the photos of the CH-46's. I never been in one but I have jumped out of the Army's CH-47's many times. Same thing as pictured just a tiny bit bigger. Awesome helicopters. You'd be amazed at how fast they can fly forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back