• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

X to circle and beyond !!!

So basically nothing failed on either bike so far, on this very long excursion, except the suzuki had a oil leak early on and was fixed early on.

Not to bad, for a durability test for both bikes.

How many total miles are on the suzuki

Here's a look at how the tires are holding up.
150/17 rear K60 @ 5,000 miles.
nysuzuna.jpg

eny6a6y5.jpg

120/17 TKC80 front @ 5,000 miles.
nurebusy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a look at how the tires are holding up.
150/17 rear K60 @ 5,000 miles.
120/17 TKC80 front @ 5,000 miles.

Wow, that is pretty good wear. Its certainly better than I would have expected from off road tires used primarily for hwy miles.

The K60 is one of the hardest compound tires you can buy.Some owners of light weight bikes get 14,000 miles out of a rear.The TKC up front is soft but should go about 8-10,000 on the X.

Would you say that they are great for curves ???
And how much more(if any) road noise do you experence than the stock tire on the NC?

The front TKC is LOUD !!.You can hear it over the engine.As far as curves go,I'm a ex roadracer that got that out of my system long ago,BUT I can still scrape the pegs with these tires.For the type of riding I do ( 75% commuting,25% offroad stuff ) these are great tires.

...new front springs,new rear shock. If I can find a 1" longer shock them I might go with the fork extenders.

Great...like to see more of these going off-road!

Curious if you have a rear mud guard covering the shock on this trip? I have yet to find a suitable one.

Nope.noise dosn't bother me at all.The only time I really notice it is when I'm standing on the pegs leaning forward.There really isn't any other 50/50 tire in a 17" front size.There is the MT90 I think but it's pretty soft and spendy $$$$.
No hugger or shock guard,I was surprised when we washed off the Dalton mud the shock wasn't to muddy!!.

Last edited:
I think a rear hugger would keep the shock pretty clean.I had limited $$ for this trip so I choose not to get one,also I'm not sure it would fit with the K60??.

The one thing that I noticed that neither you nor I talked about in our Alaskan travels was the great state bird- THE MOSQUITO!

mosquito.jpg

For some reason they just were not as bad as I thought they would be. Did you have the same good luck?

SmileyOhOh.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Back