• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wow, what a ride!!!

CobraJet

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just into the first few miles of my hour-long journey, when I approached the T-intersection leading onto the 2-lane highway out of town. I dread this intersection because it's at the end of a blind corner, and coming from farm country, it usually has gravel in the first few feet of asphalt. Just as I enter the highway I glimpse a car coming around the bend. A 'Vette, and he's bookin'. I had just shifted into second, so I straightened her out and nailed the throttle. The front wheel starts coming up, and I instinctively lay down on the frunk. I'm power-shifting as fast as the bike will allow, and finally get the front to settle down as I bang into 4th gear. But, that guy in the Porsche is hot on my tail! I keep the throttle wide open, keeping one eye in the tach (not a good time to nose dive into the rev limiter) and the other in the rear view mirror. 5th gear is reaching redline, but this guy in the Lamborghini is flashing his lights at me now. No, way, dude! I pull in the clutch and drive the lever into 6th gear, keeping the throttle pegged. I'm bouncing all over the road now, well into three-digit speeds. What is this guy in the Ferrari trying to prove anyway? Finally, I give up, pull out of my tuck, and roll back into more sane speeds. The guy in the Honda Fit that has been chasing me pulls up beside me and yell, "Hey, can I have the other half of my engine back?!"

:)

Seriously, though, I had a great 90-minute ride on some beautiful Northern Virginia winery roads! I'm getting used to the bike, and where it likes to rev. The R77 definitely makes it more fun! The best part is that I came home with no shoulder pain, no backache, and my butt was fine! Bring on the next weekend!

Time to ease up on your pills, bro.... Kidding! Funny!
I was expecting "and then I woke up in sweat..." :)

Nice, I'm out in fairfax

Ha, I bought my civilized "Sheriff" Harley Road King that never has been in a fleet. Was privately owned by an officer.
Was a nice looking bike! ABS too!

This is how I bought it

HD.jpg

And this is how it looked before I sold it. With my Super Seer Police helmet, I had a good time on the road :) :) :)

IMG_0004.jpg IMG_0005.jpg IMG_0008.jpg

Last edited:
Good story, bro. LOL

You forgot to mention that as you exited the corner in 2nd gear, you put the bike into a power slide, drifted the rear out toward the double yellow center line, and laid down a line of burn rubber. It wasn't until you shifted into 3rd when the bike straightened and powered down the long straight.

http://youtu.be/c8ySCPFWa0M?t=52s

Last edited:
Back