• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where Da Bugs???

Yeah, I'm glad the NCX doesn't have Microsoft stamped on the side of it for that exact reason

View attachment 6144

If it had Apple it would work all the time, until you decided to add any non-officially licensed Honda equipment. The bike would tattle to Honda on you and they'd brick your bike.

The NC must be Linux-based.

The seat was horrible. (We played musical bikes on a trip and my dad said it was the worst motorcycle seat he'd ever been subjected to. He's ridden a LOT of bikes) There are a lot of things I wish were standard (centerstand, engine guards, that sort of thing) but really everything that was put on the bike seems to work. At least 16,000 miles in.

As others have said... It's a honda... it's got very little flash, but it'll run for just about ever (I hope.)

As for quirks... like others have said, it's only been out for a short while, I don't know what the highest milage NC out there is but I doubt many people have gone through more than a couple oil changes.
And in interest of full disclosure... the dark secrets we are hiding about the bike (aren't so terribly well hidden)
The seat is bad.
The gas gauge is (occasionally) worse.
The stock windshield is mostly for show.
Brakes are a bit under powered (specifically the rear)
Stock Oil filter was installed way to tight.

Over all minor issues... gas gauge and brakes are the only thing I haven't read a fix for on the forums at one point or another (aftermarket windshields and seats are available, oil filter is only a problem once) gas gauge is easy to work around with a tripometer, and brakes are functional if not powerful...

some options/features missing off the showroom floor, but what do you expect for $7k. Honestly I'd rather pick and choose what I want rather then have to put up with the stock bits until they break or I get sick enough of them to replace them...

My DCT has less than 2000 miles and I can only pray that it is as good a bike as my husband's BMW K1200LT.
It has almost 140,000 miles and the only issue has been a failed clutch almost 90,000 miles ago.
It has seen 35 out of our 50 states with comfort and amenities that would spoil anyone.

The BMW forums ARE full of complaints about problems. My husband had second thoughts about buying the bike.
Most of the owners are out riding and touring with their bikes and let's face it....
A failure on a bike can be more serious than a failure in a car.
One reason to make sure everything is in working order.

Some of their bikes are loaded with features like electronic cruise control, electric center stand, electric adjustable windshield,
heated seats, heated grips, trip computers, reverse, AM/FM, CD, cassette 8 speaker stereo, CB, intercom,
Servo assisted brakes, linked brakes, ABS brakes........of course, you're gonna have more problems.

My husband has made comments about no one complaining about issues with the NC700X.
It is a pretty simple bike with lots of New Concepts designed into it.
I just smile and keep on riding the 2012 Cycle World Magazine Bike of the Year.

My dad has an R1100RT. Bought it used and in the first year had to replace the final drive and had it strand him near the AZ/NM border because some sensor got twitchy. He LOVES his beemer. Will probably never own another make. And while I wouldn't feel comfortable riding any of their touring machines, I do have to admit they're very attractive.

And in interest of full disclosure... the dark secrets we are hiding about the bike (aren't so terribly well hidden)

The seat is bad.
The gas gauge is (occasionally) worse.
The stock windshield is mostly for show.
Brakes are a bit under powered (specifically the rear)
Stock Oil filter was installed way to tight.

[Not directed at you my friend, merely using your list to quote from :p]

Curiously enough:

-I love my NCX seat, it's absolutely comfy and totally perfect for me. (bad seats? LOL my BMW F800ST seat was downright butt burningly grim, and my DR350S seat was Lucifer himself, disguised as a vinyl covered piece of foam...)

-My NCX fuel guage could have been calibrated by NASA, it's so good compared to my F800ST dirty, low down, lying rat b*stard of a strand me twice in the middle of nowhere, expensive option, mileage computer piece of junk.

-the stock NCX windscreen is utterly benign, with zero annoying issues, and my (ya, you guessed it, lol) F800 windscreen was brutal. I had to wear earplugs and was constantly experimenting with windscreen gizmos and oddball inventions to try and make it stop driving me foamingly insane from noise and buffeting.

-the NCX brakes (on my ABS model) are spectacular! I am thrilled with the things! (insert Stephen King book length berzerk rant about how hideous the brakes were on my Bring More Wallet bike, and it always trying to kill me)

-My OEM filter was the textbook example of "awesome" to easily remove and install new. The BMW? Does "Exxon Valdez" mean anything to you? *shudder*

I am going to go out and lovingly pat my 700x on the seat right now, while I think of it. ;)

Last edited:
[Not directed at you my friend, merely using your list to quote from :p]

Curiously enough:

-I love my NCX seat, it's absolutely comfy and totally perfect for me. (bad seats? LOL my BMW F800ST seat was downright butt burningly grim, and my DR350S seat was Lucifer himself, disguised as a vinyl covered piece of foam...)
I am going to go out and lovingly pat my 700x on the seat right now, while I think of it. ;)

Note to self. Don't ever get in a fight with L.B.S.! If he can handle the pain that seat can give, and like it! No mortal man will survive.

Lets see. Sometimes sticky ignition to get the key to go in.

........I can't think of anything else!

I've ridden through a monsoon rainstorm for 3 whole hours and I was passing cars.
This bike is that well balanced and cuts right through rain even with slightly used stock
tires.

I've put over 4000 miles on mine and it's still like brand new. A few modifications are
necessary on this bike but hey, it's low in price and a great value.

(Put on front fender extender, extra radiator grill cover, Leo Vince muffler for awesome
bike sound and spray painted the scratch prone stock screen black on the inside.)

When I grow up I just want to ride, and ride, and ride, and ride. Honda!

OCR, you need a shirt like mine! It says what you always say. Honda hands them out at demo rides.

100_6118.jpg

Greg

OCR, you need a shirt like mine! It says what you always say. Honda hands them out at demo rides.
Greg
0.jpg

Your 100% right, Mike. Over the years I just grew wide, now perhaps it is time I could grow up a little. Just enough so my feet touch the ground when sitting on NC700. But when you are riding why do your feet have to touch the ground. Forget about that last request, I just want to ride.

SmileyEyeBrows.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I was a dealer last year before retirement, I have a lot of these shirts. Ain't no wanna about it though. I will ride, and ride, and ride some more.2.jpg

SmileyHappyOneThumbUp.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 6908

Greg
Where and when does Honda do demo rides. My local dealer had a Honda open house. I got the shirt, hotdog and coke, but no demo rides available. At Daytona last year and everyone BUT HONDA gave demo rides. Came close to buying Wee-Strom after demo ride.

Well they used to do demo rides at the Honda Hoot in Knoxville, but that event is no more. Last demo truck I saw was the one last summer where they brought the NC700X but we couldn't ride it July 3 :(. That was at WingDing at Ft. Wayne. I think they do rides at Americade and other big rallies.

Greg

Back