• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where Da Bugs???

k16orbust

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to all. I am posting for the first time on this board, and I must admit I am a bit troubled. I am not seeing thread upon thread about stuff breaking, not working , or being recalled on this motorcycle! What gives? What dark secrets are you folks hiding? I have been on a couple of BMW boards where professions of luv for their respective bikes are bountiful, but so are the issues. It's okay ;) you can tell Unka Mike :rolleyes: Seriously though, I think it's refreshing that a manufacturer is not using it's early adapters and later to assist them in completing R&D on a product. Of everything I have read so far about the NC 700X, to me the most impressive aspect is the lack of stuff wrong with it.

I guess I should explain why I am invading your messageboard, and I should probably do that in the Introduce yourself section....

Mike

Well the chain had a recall a while ago. Other than that, you're on your own. Love the reliability of the bike though!
Welcome from SW Missouri!!!!

I think it's refreshing that a manufacturer is not using it's early adapters and later to assist them in completing R&D on a product. Of everything I have read so far about the NC 700X, to me the most impressive aspect is the lack of stuff wrong with it.

Mike

Yeah, I'm glad the NCX doesn't have Microsoft stamped on the side of it for that exact reason

smileymouthopen.jpg

As an ex-BMW rider (a few bikes) i've discovered the secret.....
Psssst.... let me whisper in your ear......................................................................................... "HONDA".............

Welcome to the board!!! :)

imo-it's really simple bike + as been mentioned above-it's a honda. same applies for cars- BMW-MB's-they are filled with complicated stuff. nothing wrong with that,but imo-it should be expected that they might or will break more often because of this. as usual-mostly complicated sensors\electronics. i've rarely seen a mechanical problem on MB for example(assuming that it's been maintained appropriately)

Welcome to the forum and thousands of miles of trouble free riding. This bike is solid.

My NCX is also ROCK SOLID. It has given me 7700km of pleasure riding so far.
Zero issues or problems.
Starts right up and ready to carve some tarmac....
:p

The most annoying bug so far was having to cut the body panels to install the Honda Luggage rack but that is fixed in the 2013...

Only being out since 2012 there aren't a lot of high mileage machines out there for major stuff to go wrong with. That being said I've had several high mileage Hondas and never did anything but tires, brakes, gas, and oil other than what is required with farkes (like jetting after pipe change). I've owned many Hondas and a several other metric bikes and have to say for reliability Honda is tough to beat.

There have been some complaints, as for every other manufacturers and models, and in an online forum, it's usually the small % of complaints that get the most views. But relatively speaking, the problems with the NCX in its first production year have been minor, at least from what I can see. On a different motorcycle brand forum (won't name names), I see people just learn to live with the known issues and it'd be part of the joy of owning that particular brand.

There seem to be a few minor niggles: Lots of people complain about the seat (but I'm a fat lump so seem to squash it into submission); the ignition lock sticks and needs care; the key seem to be weak and bend & break a bit too easily; some complain about the soft rear brake (but it does a job and at least you are not likely to lock the rear wheel accidentally and do a 180° spin).

Overall it seems to be very reliable and handles well, despite having some pretty basic suspension. Power is modest but adequate, not much in comparison to the bigger engine bikes but it's flexible and easy to ride. I'm delighted with the bike because I've got a busted left ankle so shifting gear can be a pain on a manual - but not with the DCT.

I thought you were looking for me!

No serious complaints here.....it's a Honda. Nothing flashy or high tech just boring ole reliable. Just what I like.....no drama.
Mike

Greetings,

Just turned 5,200 miles. Seems to like the summer weather, and getting a bit better mpg, 70 to 75 mpg. No issues with anything really. The drive chain as yet not needing adjustment, and the Bridgestone tires still have lots of tread.

Agree with the comment about the lock mechanisms for the rear seat and "frunk". Put a drop or two of light oil on accesable pieces of the latches as preventive measure.

Art

Last edited:
"Where Da Bugs???"

After almost 10k miles, I've had the chain recalled, a small air leak on the rear tire at the bead, and ran outta gas once when my fuel gauge lied to me and was showing two bars left. Other than that and not being happy with the stock seat. I deal with lots of bugs on a daily basis.
:D;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373423140183.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373423140183.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 139
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373423154591.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373423154591.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 141
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373423166869.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373423166869.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 145
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373423181646.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373423181646.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 135
I thought I had a problem , I was riding in some real heavy rain today. I thought the bike was loosing power it was slowing down I had to keep on twisting on the throttle more and more. Then I noticed my grip puppy grip was actually rotating on grip, I had installed it with Dawn soap . I hope it all got washed out today.

I thought I had a problem , I was riding in some real heavy rain today. I thought the bike was loosing power it was slowing down I had to keep on twisting on the throttle more and more. Then I noticed my grip puppy grip was actually rotating on grip, I had installed it with Dawn soap . I hope it all got washed out today.

Best thing to use is hair spray to install the grip puppies. Read about it on this forum and tried it myself. They slip on easy while the spray is still wet, when it dries it gets very sticky keeping the grips in place.

Honestly the only real complaints I have with the bike are the seat (which I took care of with a new seat concepts one) and the rear brake seems tragically useless compared to the front brake. Other than that, no issues regarding reliability and performance so far (with 264 miles on the odometer).

Back