• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What would be a nice pet name for our NCX700?

My 750X DCT is called 'Kendal' - after Kendal Mint Cake because it's the same colour and texture as the 2014 white paint finish. FYI, Kendal is a town in The Lake District (North of England) and the Mint Cake made there since 1918 is a high sugar content candy bar enjoyed by the local kids for its sweetness but also carried by serious hill walkers as an emergency energy supply - think of it as the traditional ancestor of Red Bull.

Only had mine a week, but just decided on Hank. Honda NC = HNC = Hank. I actually thought about Nancy but resisted a female name for something that usually takes me away from my wife!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never thought about naming a bike, they've always just been "the bike". Maybe I will put some thought into it....First thought is "FREEDOM", but I'd have to yell it everytime like Mel Gibson in Braveheart. Prob get some strange looks....wearing my gear, walking towards "the bike" yelling FREEEEEEEEDOM, starting loud and ending with my dying breath...better think some more.

Due to the license plate number/letters I decided to go with Sixy6 for the first three digits, 6C6. Don't know if that will stick but it works for now. Roxy is a close second though. Which I would shorten to Roxs, cuz she rocks!!!

I don't know if this is already in a thread, but I'm just curious. How many people out there name their motorcycles? If you're one of those people, what did you name your bike(s)? I'm new. Are pictures welcome in something like this?

This is not a common pratice these days. Most people call their bike my the first couple letter of their model "NC", "CBR" or simply "The Honda"..

I was asked what my bike's name was when I brought it to work to show it off. I replied with "NaNCy". Not real cleaver or original, but it fits the her though...

IMG_2418.jpg

Named my bike Falcon.
I needed a name that would sound good in both languages: Estonian and English. Falcon/Pistrik is that name :)

Named my bike Falcon.
I needed a name that would sound good in both languages: Estonian and English. Falcon/Pistrik is that name :)

My daughter names my bikes and she went with "Falcon" also. But her reasoning was because "it has those wing thingies on the side, duh dad"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've been referring to my NC as "the Nancy bike" but it feels kind of like an Earl.
Sort of slow, rock steady, shows up to work on time kind of guy.

Mine will be Hanyuu after the name i take on the interwebs (oyashiro is the god name of hanyuu in higurashi no naku koro ni) Also fond of 'The Silver Porpoise' from one of the reviews i read. My license plate will be Hanyu

I call my NC "sleeper" because after an hour or so of riding my butt falls asleep!!

It's fine until I get off the bike and have to get back on, then my rump doth protest. :)

I named mine "My Little Mule" mainly because it hauls a ton with my side bags, and it was the name of the drug dealers monster off road ford truck in Romancing The Stone.

I'm going with "Nessie", a derivative of NC and Bessie, which is my kids' name for both of our family cars. Almost went with "Nexus 700" , but that's a little too nerdy and the point of a friendly name is to get rid of the numbers ;-)

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

I have never named my previous bikes. Please allow me to ask an etiquette question. When I get my NC is it appropriate to use the same name as someone else? I really like the name Serenity. But I wouldn't want to offend you Draco.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

People we know are named Merrill and Sara.

So they named their daughter Sara and their two sons Merrill and Merrill.

Telling the truth on this now!

So you have Sara, Sara, Merrill, Merrill, and Merrill.

Sounds like a cheap law firm!

Name it Serenity!

Using the "Sara and Merrill Law of Names" you can name two more of your bikes Serenity.

God bless!!

Michael

Back