• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What would be a nice pet name for our NCX700?

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Hi all
One thread here asked if there is a nickname / petname for our bike.

Let me start with one suggestion and you can add yours:

Honda Nixxus 700.

:eek:

I call mine Gabby.

Not as in the shortened form of the girl's name Gabrielle, but my own version on what I imagine a Japanese slang expression might sound like when pronounced.

The Japanese word looks like this: Gabi-n

Supposedly, it roughly translates to an expression of shock or surprise, from what I can gather.

It probably is pronounced "Harrold" and really means "Toaster Oven" in Japanese, but I'll likely never know, or want to know, if I've totally screwed up what I think it is, lol.

Hah! I think I might be who you're referring to about asking if there's a common nickname. I've been using NC7 lately... and my wife is probably tired of hearing that. It's short enough and sweet enough. I'd love to hear better, though.

Most people I know that are riders ask about the 700 or the NC, most non riders call it the X because of the big X in the logo on the sides

When I think of "the X" I get a disturbing mental picture of a bad time in my wife, I mean life.

Mine is Lenita (which means "mild"). All of my bikes' names have started with a phonetic "Lee" or my initials "LAD".

Last edited:
Back