• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What Engine Bars ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1183
  • Start date
Note these are much more spendy than the plain black unplated (and rust prone) ones, though...:eek:

Fastenal.com

(lengths based on Lee's kind research)

M12 x 1.25 x 55mm 10.9 yellow zinc cap screw

M12-1.25 x 55mm DIN 960 Class 10.9 Yellow Zinc Cap Screw | Fastenal

M12 x 1.25 x 70mm 10.9 yellow zinc cap screw

M12-1.25 x 70mm DIN 960 Class 10.9 Yellow Zinc Cap Screw | Fastenal

M12 x 1.25 x 90mm 10.9 yellow zinc cap screw

M12-1.25 x 90mm DIN 960 Class 10.9 Yellow Zinc Cap Screw | Fastenal

They have a bunch of branches in the UK

View attachment 10884

Thanks for the link LBS. I will work on that now and will let you know how I get on.

Does anybody have or know if you can use the GIVI crash bards with the Honda Light Bar. I already have the Light Bar with led running lights and would like to keep them on the light bar but then they would not protect much in a crash or fall over. Thanks Boz

Does anybody have or know if you can use the GIVI crash bards with the Honda Light Bar. I already have the Light Bar with led running lights and would like to keep them on the light bar but then they would not protect much in a crash or fall over. Thanks Boz

I have seen a few photos on the net with this setup, so yes you can, its ugly tho.

I am curious as to how the Light Bars will fit with Givi's as they both share the same frame tube for clamping purposes. I am not saying it hasn't been done but if it has, it has to be a tight run thing for that reason. Anyone got a shot ?

LBS I am still working on the Engine bolts. I am in communication with a local Fastenal Agent and hope to make progress. I tried ordering online, but they will not deal with a private individual and I was unable to open an account. So, situation ongoing.

Thanks, never been one to worry about looks when it protects the parts i need to keep riding.

Here is a pic with SW motech bars.

file-13.jpg

Last edited:
I had a look at my Givi Crashbars today and I am finding it difficult to see how there will be sufficient room for them to fit with the Honda Light bars. Again I mention the clamps on the frame tube. Anyone got a shot ?

file-13.jpg

That look great, Thanks. Now just finding someone who has in stock, all are out of stock. I was going back to TT and also get a skid plate from SW motech but no one even shows them anymore. Guess it is time to just wait till after Christmas stock gets restored.

I had a look at my Givi Crashbars today and I am finding it difficult to see how there will be sufficient room for them to fit with the Honda Light bars. Again I mention the clamps on the frame tube. Anyone got a shot ?

Thanks for looking for me, I kinda came to the same conclusion and I'm not going to remove the light bar after all the trouble I had installing and getting my driving lights installed and wires covered. Thanks again. Like the stable of motorcycles you have ... must be nice figuring out which one to ride each day.

why not buy some tubing and fixed it across the two crash bar frame.
just sure it doesn't interfere the steering.

That is a beauty. I found the SW-motech at TT and put them on last night. I was *****ing at them when I went to put the stress bar (front) on but they say do not tighten up the Bolts till all is connected. (Damn had to read the instructions) Wow when it is torques to 79 nm everything tightens up nice. Solid and looks good. I must of not done the light bar perfect as these bars just barely touch on both sides and I placed a rubber separator (short piece of 10 speed bike tube) so there would be no vibration noise or rubbing metal to metal. I sure like the quality and the fit of the sw-motech and the included bolts and instructions. Hardest part was keeping the factory spacers in place when I reinstalled....little painters tape goes a long way :)... Just hope that when I go to adjust the valves I only have to loosen enough to get stabilizer bar off and the radiator out to do it, but it will be warm then and i can put it on a lift to get it up where I can work on at normal height. Thanks again for the encouragement and the wonderful picture. It is 33 Degree out today so will take the GoldWing instead of the NC700X but really like the results of the sw-motec bars. Now waiting the sw-motech offroad/onroad foot pegs that were backordered. This cold winter has has some benefits, found lots of extras for the NC700X.... :)

Well I took the NC700X instead of the Wing and it was cold but with the new sound still liked the ride. Came home it was 30, sure glad I found the Tourmaster synergy electric liner ... what did I do before this .... Was 30 when I came home at 7pm and really cold on legs but torso was warm.... did notice that vest and gloves does take some juice as trickle charger did not change to green immediately .... took about 10 minutes..... as I did not disconnect the heat immediately when stopping. Engine guards look good and no vibration or change to ride... good investment.

Last edited:
To LBS. I am still waiting on my engine bolts. I am assured by the Fastenal shop that they will have them for me shortly. In the interim the bars are on and providing peace of mind. I know, I should have taken Pismocycleguy up on his generous offer, but it is too late now as the order has been placed and they will come in due course. Thanks again to you both.

I have a complete second set

I can't get them bolts any where here.

If anyone still needs a set of longer bolts to install there Givi Bars, as recommended by Beemerphile,
I have an extra set. I ordered them to replace the set I was shipping to another member, but he changed his mind? :confused: PM me if you are interested.:)

I'm looking at the Givi bars myself as I like the looks of them, but I've come across some posts that said one side sticks out farther than the other. Are they even on both sides once installed? Maybe there were some machining errors on some.

I'm looking at the Givi bars myself as I like the looks of them, but I've come across some posts that said one side sticks out farther than the other. Are they even on both sides once installed? Maybe there were some machining errors on some.

Yes they are even, and not so hard to install.
Right side is a little worst but it's perfectly doable at home.

Installed the center stand and the crash bars in a couple of hours and I am really pleased.

I will take some pictures from the front.

Yes they are even, and not so hard to install.
Right side is a little worst but it's perfectly doable at home.

Installed the center stand and the crash bars in a couple of hours and I am really pleased.

I will take some pictures from the front.

Here are the pictures. Pretty even for me...image.jpg

Back