• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What do you do for a living?

I retired from the Navy as an Aircraft Electronics Technician. Now working for NASA setting up long duration balloons with electronics to keep track of it during flight. The balloons carry experiments and telescopes to study the universe made by much smarter people than me. I get the easy stuff like gps and communication... Lots of travel, not always a good thing...

Back in the day I worked for Texas Instruments on the design of the F-111 TFR upgrade, the Mark-XV IFF System, and some of the early military GPS systems - so I can kinda relate to where you've been.

Hmmmm, a lot of engineers and IT professionals on the board. But no one in Finance? I am a Finance Manager in the Sales and Marketing organization of a software company. I do monthly PnL reviews, forecasts, budgets, and I build fiscal models with Excel. Yup... I am a nerd... :(

Hmmmm, a lot of engineers and IT professionals on the board. But no one in Finance? I am a Finance Manager in the Sales and Marketing organization of a software company. I do monthly PnL reviews, forecasts, budgets, and I build fiscal models with Excel. Yup... I am a nerd... :(

Reason is engineers and IT people are very sensible people. Makes sense that they'd buy such a sensible bike.

Most finance people buy motorcycles as status symbols. The NC700x is almost the opposite of that.

Scientist/Engineer for medical device company. We make the machines that treat (and often cure) cancer via X-ray radiotherapy. Hopefully you never have to PM me about it.

Reason is engineers and IT people are very sensible people. Makes sense that they'd buy such a sensible bike.

Most finance people buy motorcycles as status symbols. The NC700x is almost the opposite of that.

True. It's full of BWM (mostly GS) and H-D

LOL. Bald? not so much. White? mostly. I would say one thing about these 2 type of riders though - BMW riders in my group ride the hell out of their bikes. They ride the bikes all over the world. The head of the finance team rode his GS up and down the WABDR + ORBDR and "vacations" with his family on motorcycles in Baja. The other GS riders rode up to Prudhoe Bay and are members of the iron butt. The guys with H-D? I have only HEARD of them talking about their bikes but I've never SEEN their bikes.

I am a National Digital Print Estimator with Staples, Inc.
I figure out how much digital copy jobs cost that the Staples stores in the New England area and beyond send in for pricing.

I guess my name gives it away. 19 years of high speed - low drag and counting. What a rush!! Very thankful to have an exciting job that is different everyday and to work for one of the top law enforcement agencies in the world. Not bragging, just very thankful for where I work and that I get to help people everyday.

I guess my name gives it away. 19 years of high speed - low drag and counting. What a rush!! Very thankful to have an exciting job that is different everyday and to work for one of the top law enforcement agencies in the world. Not bragging, just very thankful for where I work and that I get to help people everyday.

yes you are indeed lucky.
I wanted to be in the police force myself when young but with my hearing is not as good as a normal person.
I wouldn't get in.had a few friends who were in the police so you can amagine how I felt at the time.
never mind that was years ago and I would've retired at 55 with a nice pension.

we rarely use doubles anymore at express. I was at the triple 7's hanger today. we had a 156 birds at the hub today at 2pm

Last edited:
Back