• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rumor Has It: KTM’s Working on a 1390cc V-Twin Monster

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
KTM’s about to celebrate 30 years of their iconic Duke range, and rumor has it that they’re preparing a wonked-out 1390cc powertrain in anticipation of the festivities. This will be the Austrians’ biggest heart yet – certainly bigger than anything else Team Orange’s Dukes have hosted previously.

Click to view slideshow.
The news calls to mind Pierer Mobility (KTM parent company) CEO Stefan Pierer’s comment that supersport bikes like the mad-hatter RC 8C “don’t belong on the street;” apparently, all one has to do is take a few fairings off, sit the rider up, and suddenly beefing out scads of yank suits just fine for our industry’s asphalt-inclined adventures…

Then again, Pierer’s wisdom aligns with what our own insurance companies already know: Equal deference can’t be provided to supersports bikes when naked motorcycles tout safer collision stats (Stephans Law Firm).

But back to this news leak.

Click to view slideshow.
News of the behemoth V-Twin first broke when multiple KTM distributors listed a “standalone 1390 LC8 engine” on their sites; Ben Purvis (Bennetts) anticipates that this heart has been built for a new Super Duke, with the “CN” delineating showing potential for the engine to have been built in CFMoto’s China-based facilities.

A view of a 1390 LC8 made available on various KTM distributor websites. Media sourced from Dubost.
A view of a 1390 LC8 made available on various KTM distributor websites. Media sourced from Dubost.

Based on a recent manual sold on eBay for a 2023 1290 SUPER DUKE GT EU/JP/CN, “EU” stands for Europe, “JP” is Japan, and “CN” does certainly seem like a model for China.

Time will tell what KTM gets up to in the coming quarters; what do you think the Austrians have planned for the near future?

*Media sourced from Motopabst, Dubost, and Jim Aim Racing*​

The post Rumor Has It: KTM’s Working on a 1390cc V-Twin Monster appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Yawn, while I know I’m in the minority wake me up when they come out with something ridiculously fuel efficient. Power with a speed limit just burns gas. But I guess that’s why I’m riding the NC

Back