• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What do you do for a living?

NCer

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think we have covered that subject yet :)

I'll start.
I am an IBM mainframe programmer for 30 years, servicing Wall Street back office processing for various firms / products. Currently working for JP Morgan-Chase.

You go now ;)

I am an IT Project Manager for our state capital's school district. Spent over 16 years as a network admin before that.

Retired US Air Force Titan II Combat Crew member and instructor. Second retirement from United Space Alliance as Technical Training instructor for the Space Shuttle program.

Currently I’m a performance tester/engineer/capacity planner in software development for Acxiom which is basically a database marketing partner company. Nights and weekends I’m renovating my 1930s house.
Previous lives include: pump jockey/mechanics flunky, auto parts counter (before they were computerized), component level computer repair (PDP, Vax, Unix, WinTel), sys admin on same, sub-component level reliability and failure analysis (that was really fun at times), then I moved to the dark side with programming on mainframe, MS world, and some Unix/Linux.

All types around here. Sgt Adair at work, member of 1 Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry. Afghan a couple times, work in the regional headquarters right now monitoring and planning domestic operations/overseas deployments/urban training. Love my God, my wife and my country.

I write software that helps lawyers sue each other in an efficient fashion. Past lives include lots of hospitality titles, apprentice sheet metal fabricator, civil engineering technologist and sales of a number of diverse and interesting products...

:cool:

I was
an IBEW Union Electrician for a long time... I am still a Licensed Electrical Contractor and actually just renewed my license ( just as my fallback option )

I was a guitar/music instructor for a few years after graduating from Musicians Institute in Hollywood....

Currently I am a Paramedic, while I am taking Pre-Med courses at a local University for my MD....

Last edited:
You suck.

I can't retire until I'm 91.

I am eligible to retire in 13 years, at age 54, if I stay at my current job...I would have been there 26 years if I do stay. I hope to have my house paid for by then or else I'll be a door greeter at WalMart (do they have those anymore??)...

I got a job 3 times better than all of you combined. I'm retired !!!

I already took out about 10 years of my retirement early... From ages 20-30, when I could reeeeeally enjoy it... :rolleyes:... lol

Now, I'm gonna become a doctor (almost there), work for about 10 more years, and retire again for good.....LMFAO!!!

Last edited:
I already took out about 10 years of my retirement early... lol. from ages 20-30, when I could really enjoy it... :rolleyes:... lol

Now, I'm gonna become a doctor (almost there), work for about 10 more years, and retire again for good.....LMFAO!!!

What kind of doctior will you be Jay?

I want to do Emergency Medicine... be an ER Doc....
Still not exactly sure though... The deeper I get into the medical field, the more I learn of the amazing array of specialties and avenues to pursue.... and they are all so interesting...

Last edited:
Work at a factory in the press room making dryer parts.the last 7 years.before that welded and fabed wreak train cars.

Back