• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wabdr..2014 ????

That looks spectacular! I will definitely consider it, but I would have to ship my bike out there....I am all the way in Florida. Thanks for the WARNO that will give me time to plan!

Iron-butt ride!!! Ha, Ha! Don't know if my butt can take that.....especially on the stock seat! If I could ride it without a seat, I would have thrown it off a bridge after the first hour of riding.

I will definitely be looking into it. Would have to get my kid a dual sport, have to have my buck-a-roo a long. Love to bring the wife, but she won't ride....only on the back.

We just did 6,000 miles to Alaska and back 3 weeks ago.My Seat Concepts seat was awsome.
If you want to ship your bike,you can have it shipped here and I can get you at the airport,we could ride to Oregon together for the start!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Texas. If you want I can meet you 1/2 way and we can ride there together. Going from East to West in July it is a lot cooler to go north first, at least as high as I40, if not higher north. I40 would be good to ride some of old Route 66 out toward California but turn north before Death Valley.

Last edited:
I live in Texas. If you want I can meet you 1/2 way and we can ride there together. Going from East to West in July it is a lot cooler to go north first, at least as high as I40, if not higher north. I40 would be good to ride some of old Route 66 out toward California but turn north before Death Valley.

You come up far enough and we can cut across Idaho on the scenic route. Come up to I70 and do the Route across WY. I could come down and meet you for Utah/Idaho. It is about 900 miles for me cutting across Idaho for the start. Maybe pull an IB 1000 to get there.

Looking forward to this.

I got my WABDR map.

I logged on to the Butler Map site to see where I might buy one locally and couldn't resist checking out the online store. That Bucket List collection is calling my name...

Pretty cool, but I have my hands full in the Northwest. I don't see getting or needing to travel out of this area for many years to come. I am of the belief, explore my backyard before ranging into someone else's.

Of course, if an opportunity presents itself, I am game.

Definitely looking like a great ride, and I have plenty of vacation time. Let me start building my bike up now. The only show-stopper would be if I get deployed, but I will be a 85% in at this point. (still in the Army Reserves) My little man will need a year more for his motorcycle permit so I think I will probably be going solo from FL. Let me see how it develops....

Pretty cool, but I have my hands full in the Northwest. I don't see getting or needing to travel out of this area for many years to come. I am of the belief, explore my backyard before ranging into someone else's.

Of course, if an opportunity presents itself, I am game.

I built this to venture into others backyards,as in a upcoming RTW trip!!.
uvu6ajuv.jpg

atumuvu5.jpg

ta2yduba.jpg

Is that a GS850 or GS1000? They are almost bullet proof.

It's the 850,my favorite bike of all time.This is the 4th 850 I have had,it's underpowered for this kinda of use but gets the job done.I'm riding it out to the track today for the NHRA Nationals..

I have had the GS850 also. Mine was black, just like yours. Great bike. I had no problems other than it sounded like a diesel. That was one good handling bike for it's day. I still have that valve shim changer adjustment tool. I can not remember any other spring load system quite like that one, ever. That is the basic engine design that Suzuki made the first sports bike ever from, The Katana. First one was purple!

Recieved the DVD and the Butler map the other day. WOW is all I can say about the Butler map!!.Amazing quality and detail,I'm kind of a map junkie and this map is the best I have ever seen.

I'm a serious map junkie. Picked mine up locally and I agree th quality is very good. I always want more detail, but will take what I can get. Any opinions on the 'difficult' sections and bypasses? I plan to put some knobbies on when this set of tires wears out and spend some time in the desert, but will still have pretty limited off road experience when July rolls around.
You'll have to let us know how the video is.

I did the Packwood to Ellensberg section on my fully loaded Vstrom 1000 with Tourances on it and had no issues.

Ok so I just watched the DVD and here are my thoughts.

If at all posible,get the DVD.If you can't let me know and I can mail my copy to you.I really think you should watch this DVD if your unsure about this trip.It will show you what skills you will need to have to complete this ride,also you might find out that it's not for you.

If you don't have any offroad experience try to get some before this ride.There are some challenging roads ( loose gravel,big loose rocks,big time cliffs,deep sand,etc).

We should allow atleast 5-7 days.They same it's easily done in 5 days.

I think we will be fine with our stock tanks,but I will have a extra 1.5 gallon Kolpin on my bike.

Armour up your bike,alum hand guards,skid plates,crash bars etc.

Be prepaired for rain and sun and temps from the low 40's at night to the 90's during the day.

I think our bikes will work great on this ride.

Also if you have a video cam bring it and LOTS of memory in your digital camera because it will be EPIC !!.

Last edited:
Back