• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wabdr..2014 ????

She told me that they did about 100 miles a day and it was very doable.She was riding a fully loaded DL650 ( Vstrom ).I was planning this trip for the first part of July BUT I will have to see what kind of winter we have,there could be alot of snow that early.So maybe mid to end of July!!.

Here's one of the mountains we will ride around.
Mnt Rainer,taken from the cab of my tractor just now!!.
myga2equ.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
She told me that they did about 100 miles a day and it was very doable.She was riding a fully loaded DL650 ( Vstrom ).I was planning this trip for the first part of July BUT I will have to see what kind of winter we have,there could be alot of snow that early.So maybe mid to end of July!!.

Here's one of the mountains we will ride around.
Mnt Rainer,taken from the cab of my tractor just now!!.
myga2equ.jpg

They closed the Beartooth Pass this week from snow. I rode the north section of WABDR in mid July last year and it was wet with snow here and there. Not impassable just interesting.

Some things I have found with the DCT:
When on very steep downhills, the engine braking in first gear is substantial and the bike absolutely will not up shift unless you apply a lot of throttle or manually shift.
The ABS is automatically disabled below 10 mph.
On steep, slow uphill sections, slight braking works similar to clutch slipping and the low rev torque wards off stalling the engine.
This is definitely not a dirt bike, but not incapable of handling some similar terrain as the manual. The tougher the terrain, the disparity between the two will probably grow, but surprised so far with the DCT capability.

I am in still. Got any information on where we will stay, or are we camping out? Need to know what to be prepared for. I will have to be there a day ahead of schedule, so as to change type of tires. About 2,500 miles for me to get there.

I am in still. Got any information on where we will stay, or are we camping out? Need to know what to be prepared for. I will have to be there a day ahead of schedule, so as to change type of tires. About 2,500 miles for me to get there.

The first night in Stevenson I will be in a hotel/motel.I plan on camping most if not all of the trip,I will have my wife and grandson waiting for me in BC at the end for a relaxing weekend on a lake..

It looks like a fantastic trip and I'm interested if newbies are allowed. Riding the backcountry routes is one of the reasons why I bought my bike. I have a lot of work to do on my bike and my riding ability, but the trip is far enough out where I feel I should be ready for it.

Ordered the DVD and map for the WABDR yesterday, time to start studying the route and getting some riding in.

"Ordered the DVD and map for the WABDR yesterday"

We are going to be in never, never land. The more times we get lost, the better the adventure. The fun is in not knowing, and exploring. Don't want to know where I am at! Just RIDE!

I will be making a trip down to Stevenson in May/June to check things out and check my camping gear.I might run the first part ( 1st day ) of the WABDR also.Think of anything you might want me to check out for ya. ???

Back