• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wabdr..2014 ????

They give and not dent when I go down at slow speeds. A cheap soft bag is a lot less expensive than my Givi. Besides, I have full confidence at some point on this trip I will go down softly. Heck, that is just a given with this type of adventure, something will get scratched. But, I love the adventure.

Last edited:
I'm starting to make a list of items I need for the trip and I'm looking for suggestions on a set of tires that would work well for the conditions on the WABDR. I'm looking at the TKC80's, Karoo 3, or the K60 Scouts. Also, will the 150/70 17s work for the rear?

Also soft bags are ALOT More forgiving when they land on your leg !!.
I'm going to run a TKC front and a Kenda Big Block rear.The K60 is a AWSOME tire for long distance and works good off-road,but since 3/4 of this trip for me will be off-road I 'm going with a full rear knobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I was thinking hard bags would be better since they would protect the bike to a degree and would be tougher than soft bags. Guess in some situations they could be an advantage and in others a disadvantage.

Interesting. I was thinking hard bags would be better since they would protect the bike to a degree and would be tougher than soft bags. Guess in some situations they could be an advantage and in others a disadvantage.

I agree with that as long as the hard bags are aluminum or steel ( ammo cans).I have used ammo cans before and they make GREAT crash bars BUT they weigh damn near 10 lbs each.

This is a REpost from ADVrider about a offroad trip with some hardcore riders.Look up CannonTrek.CO-Bashing big bikes in the back country of Colorado.

Most surprising to me on this trip was the little NC700 piloted by Adam. Keep in mind that Adam is a talented rider in his own right, but the little Honda traversed every dirt path and goat trail just as easily as that of the "true" adventure bikes, ground clearance notwithstanding. Most of us believe that we need a big BMW/KTM/S10 or similar to be true adventure riders, but seeing Adam on that Honda picking his way up the steep and rock strewn climp of Cimarron Pass was really impressive and demonstrated the capabilities of the bike.

I have $3,000 to spend on a DS so I 'm waiting for a good deal to pop up , this is the season when people need extra $$$ !!!.I will probably get a DRZ400 but open to maybe a DR350,XRL etc.
There are going to be people on this ride on everything from a DR200 up to a Tiger 800.

You fellows make sure to get into real good shape before the trip. Would not want anyone straining their back picking Nana Chou and me up! Been eating a lot of ice cream preparing for this trip.

On it's way home.
y2yqaqeg.jpg

uzypu7y7.jpg

Very nice! After watching the DVD and other youtube clips of the WABDR I think that's the way to go.

Back